Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Secret World: A good but failed attempt.

13»

Comments

• 430005430005 Member Posts: 52
    Originally posted by lizardbones

Every MMORPG recruits from places like this forum.  They recruit players from wherever players exist.  Where else are they going to get players from?

I have no issue with Funcom recruiting players. It's just that everything they do spells LAZY. TSW is a decent game to pick up if you find it at bargain price (Steam for example). The same is said about Destiny.

Anywho, I think its just retarded. For a game that wants to show off smarts, it shows marketing strategy but really, just a direct link to the funcom site where you have to buy the product for 30 bucks? Really?

I know most people do research before purchase but cant you at least, like, entice would-be players into a purchase? The GW2 comparison also fits in this case.

GW2: 50% off for $20,- including some (temporary) starter items or extra inventory or a pet or whatever. And an option to choose the $40,- digital pass.

TSW: Buy. 29,99. See the difference?

And its not like its not there. The basic package includes what, the first 3 issues? You get some social, pet and boosters perhaps? I forgot. FInish 10 missions and you get FC points for free?

If you press "learn more" you only get "Progress, explore, trade, group, quest and battle in PvP - it is all included in your purchase!"

Thats suppose to be the tagline to buy? It really deserves a facepalm.