Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New ship with LTI for sale Reclaimer , only 350$ !

124»

Comments

• ArclanArclan Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

Originally posted by screecwe
    Originally posted by Ginaz When this thing turns out to be the major disappointment it looks like its going to be, someone is seriously going to kill themselves for wasting so much money on it. I'm not joking. I'm predicting actual suicide.
    I find it amusing that people who aren't playing the game are predicting it will be a failure. Yet, the people that matter(the fans/backers) are playing it and loving it.

"Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice and...and...you can't get fooled again." -Goerge Bush.

The writing is on the wall. I really truly honestly hope this game launches to the joy of its backers and everyone else. And yes LTI is an annuity P2W that becomes more valuable over time. EVE insurance is expensive.

It sounds to me that the devs need to reel in the goals. Sounds like they are doing scope creep. They keep making it 'better' and 'bigger' and asking for more money. They need to release a fairly modest, complete game; and build from there. I swear most game companies shoot themselves in the foot by biting off more than they can chew (Vanguard, Titan, World of Darkness, etc).

Luckily, i don't need you to like me to enjoy video games. -nariusseldon.
    In F2P I think it's more a case of the game's trying to play the player's. -laserit

• PioneerStewPioneerStew Member Posts: 874
    Originally posted by Arclan

Originally posted by screecwe

Originally posted by Ginaz When this thing turns out to be the major disappointment it looks like its going to be, someone is seriously going to kill themselves for wasting so much money on it. I'm not joking. I'm predicting actual suicide.
    I find it amusing that people who aren't playing the game are predicting it will be a failure. Yet, the people that matter(the fans/backers) are playing it and loving it.

"Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice and...and...you can't get fooled again." -Goerge Bush.

The writing is on the wall. I really truly honestly hope this game launches to the joy of its backers and everyone else. And yes LTI is an annuity P2W that becomes more valuable over time. EVE insurance is expensive.

It sounds to me that the devs need to reel in the goals. Sounds like they are doing scope creep. They keep making it 'better' and 'bigger' and asking for more money. They need to release a fairly modest, complete game; and build from there. I swear most game companies shoot themselves in the foot by biting off more than they can chew (Vanguard, Titan, World of Darkness, etc).

I hope that you are misunderestimating Chris Roberts; but I also get the feeling the game somewhat lacks direction; clear goals, a clear budget and a clear programme.  It feels like it needs to be reigned in.    

• DaranarDaranar Member UncommonPosts: 392

This could be the first MMO ever where every dollar post-launch is pure profit.   This game is a very interesting social experiment.  Everyone talking budgets of AAA must not realize that the initial budget is practically a loan from the publisher.  It all still gets paid back to the publisher in post-launch sales (box, micro, merch, etc..)   These guys are zeroing in on essentially making a AAA quality game....for free.   If this game even has what we now call a mediocre "failure", Chris Roberts is going to be rich beyond his wildest dreams (for a game dev).   

We (the gamers) made our bed with Gold Spammers, F2P/P2W, and now this.  When will we learn?

If I want a world in which people can purchase success and power with cash, I'll play Real Life. Keep Virtual Worlds Virtual!

• mayito7777mayito7777 Member UncommonPosts: 768
    Chris Roberts needs to set a  end line and anything else could be released later on expansions, he is trying to put too many eggs in the same basket and you know the story.

want 7 free days of playing? Try this

http://www.swtor.com/r/ZptVnY

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    Originally posted by jacktors

Wow,  this whole MMORPG genre is about vaporware and virtual assets.  Those who are bashing the guy for buying a virtual ship in Star Citizen are sounding very hypocritical.   By definition, every mmorpg you play is vaporware. But lets not kid ourselves, some of it is worth real money. 

But every MMO is not run as a "pay me now, get the game some time, later, maybe..." scheme by the company making it.

Most times, it is: "pay the money, get the game...", not: "pay the money and wait to see if the game even exists in X years."

That is the difference.

(And not for small money either, selling ships and other swag packs hundreds of dollars makes the alpha access Trion sold for AA for $150 look cheap by comparison.)

It is made worse by the company company essentially coming back and "asking" for more money over and over, so they can try to deliver what has already been promised.

So, no... this thing is different than just about every MMO done before from the payment side (and not in a good way).

And people should be legitimately concerned about putting any more money into this thing, as it currently stands.

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    At this price you should buy two of them!
  • Pig-EyePig-Eye Member Posts: 115

$350 bucks, mans that's almost a good gun o_0

Good luck to the lucky customer!

I got your Deliverance!

Where's my banjo?!!

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    Originally posted by Daranar

This could be the first MMO ever where every dollar post-launch is pure profit.   This game is a very interesting social experiment.  Everyone talking budgets of AAA must not realize that the initial budget is practically a loan from the publisher.  It all still gets paid back to the publisher in post-launch sales (box, micro, merch, etc..)   These guys are zeroing in on essentially making a AAA quality game....for free.   If this game even has what we now call a mediocre "failure", Chris Roberts is going to be rich beyond his wildest dreams (for a game dev).   

We (the gamers) made our bed with Gold Spammers, F2P/P2W, and now this.  When will we learn?

Were I the COO of this effort, I'd be looking for an outside loan at this point, and specifically NOT continuing to ask for more money from the "to be" players.

From a corporate finance perspective it should be fairly easy: they already have what is going to be a reasonably solid cash generating entity (that cost $50+ mil to make) with no existing debts or obligations. To get, say, $20 more mil in bridge financing to cover the remaining development until launch should be no big deal (even if you have to pay from "first dollar gross" or something similar) (Plus, interest rates are still stupidly low for banks.)

But then, it is always better to keep trying for more "free money" I suppose, if people are gullible enough to keep giving it to you.

It just looks bad at this point in development, to keep hitting people up for money, just to be able to do what was already promised in order to get the previous/existing money/donations.

• laglotuslaglotus Member Posts: 43
    That's so cheap, gonna get 5!
  • IncomparableIncomparable Member UncommonPosts: 1,138
    I gotta admit I am tempted. But I am so stingy and frugal with my money. Maybe im not as wealthy as the target market that thinks this is a good deal. Makes me feel poor

“Write bad things that are done to you in sand, but write the good things that happen to you on a piece of marble”

• screecwescreecwe Member UncommonPosts: 127
    Originally posted by Octagon7711
    Originally posted by mgilbrtsn

If u want to spend the money, go for it.  However, it's a bit too expensive for me to throw at a game at this stage.  If I end up really enjoying it, and expect to play for some time, then maybe.  But I have no idea as to how long I will want to play at this stage.

I must agree.  And during asking for $350 you could at least provide a one paragraph state of the game.  Has alpha started?  If not how far away are the projections.  I went to the sight (store) and saw those prices.  All I could think about were the developers looking at Porsche's.  I don't know those people...

My attitude is wait and see.  I'll decide after the game launches.  I'm sure they will still be coming out with all kinds of great ships even after launch.

It's posts like this that make me laugh. Try looking for "monthly reports". You'll find MUCH more than a paragraph about the state of the game...every single month.

• JowLiWonJowLiWon Member UncommonPosts: 18

Wow,  this whole MMORPG genre is about vaporware and virtual assets.  Those who are bashing the guy for buying a virtual ship in Star Citizen are sounding very hypocritical.   By definition, every mmorpg you play is vaporware. But lets not kid ourselves, some of it is worth real money.  Heck, I sold three different Ultima Online accounts back in the day, for good money.  

Personally, I believe that Star Citizen will be a hit, and the $100.00 I invested in the game is well worth it. I got a nice ship with Lifetime insurance, and a bunch of other backer only goodies. .  And when this game goes live, (if it is a success), I will have a nice choice to either keep what I invested in, or hop on Ebay and sell my ship and lifetime insurance(which is only available to backers), for a nice profit. 

If you have such a problem with buying virtual air, then this website is not for you.  I guarantee that the people complaining on this forum post will be the same people bitching about not being able to have Lifetime insurance once the game goes live. I can't wait to see all of those posts here. 

Agree with this one. Sure iv bought some ships. Its a risk iv been willing to take. Sure hope i and many more will love this game. And if i get tired maybe sell a few of my LTI ships. LTI might not be a big advantsge as they stated. Will still be a bit exklusive as it still is one of those ships that made this game real. And if pepole can pay many dollars for old SNES games, there might be some colletors in this sphear to. Know there are a few ifs here. But from what iv seen read and played so far im still pretty confident that this have big odds of being a good game.

• TestSubject102TestSubject102 Member Posts: 46
    Originally posted by Ganksinatra
    If you have $350 to use on what is ostensibly looking more and more like vaporware each day,  then you have too much money for your own good. But as the old saying goes, a fool and his money are soon parted.

yes... because we don't have quite  afew playable modes already.... and the FPS module is being revealed in 2 weeks.... and the weekly/monthly reports clearly don't show that the ground/story modules are well under way.....

Clearly this is "Vapourware" .... because the game is not near beta after only 18 months of proper developement time.

because logic.

• sparkatbsparkatb Member UncommonPosts: 175
    Originally posted by Burntvet

Wow,  this whole MMORPG genre is about vaporware and virtual assets.  Those who are bashing the guy for buying a virtual ship in Star Citizen are sounding very hypocritical.   By definition, every mmorpg you play is vaporware. But lets not kid ourselves, some of it is worth real money. 

But every MMO is not run as a "pay me now, get the game some time, later, maybe..." scheme by the company making it.

Its a crowdfunded game.

Most times, it is: "pay the money, get the game...", not: "pay the money and wait to see if the game even exists in X years."

Because this game has no publisher. Gamers are entirely the funders of the game, no other MMO game has ever done this.

That is the difference.

(And not for small money either, selling ships and other swag packs hundreds of dollars makes the alpha access Trion sold for AA for $150 look cheap by comparison.)

All you need is $30 to play this game on its release. That is the difference.

It is made worse by the company company essentially coming back and "asking" for more money over and over, so they can try to deliver what has already been promised.

Can't blame a game company for wanting to try to make the best game possible. Such a company without the influence of a publisher and share holders has far more potential of creating such an ambitious game.

So, no... this thing is different than just about every MMO done before from the payment side (and not in a good way).

How is it a bad way if the majority of gamers all they ever spend on a MMO for about $40 for potentially a few or several years of gameplay, without a required monthly sub or in-game transactions?

And people should be legitimately concerned about putting any more money into this thing, as it currently stands.

Why?

• sparkatbsparkatb Member UncommonPosts: 175
    Originally posted by Incomparable
    I gotta admit I am tempted. But I am so stingy and frugal with my money. Maybe im not as wealthy as the target market that thinks this is a good deal. Makes me feel poor

The target market appears to be $100 average pledge, so $30 is all you need.

A $200 pledge ship only takes 1 week to earn in-game. That is very easy to get when you consider an old school MMO cost $10/month for 4 weeks of playtime.

Anyone who pledges more are gamers who are tired of the same old games over the last few/several years, who spend less time playing games, have since got a job or got back into work and maybe even climbed the ladder as far as pay rises go which has resulted in earning good money that would make them laugh at their old opinion of when they said $10/month sub to an MMO was expensive.

And now reading these forums many years later is literally like reading last decades newspaper, same old crap of bitter negative bored gamers... bit of advice, take a break - get earning (more?) you'll realise how cheap gaming is compared to any other hobby or bill.

• motanilamotanila Member UncommonPosts: 152
    Compared to latest ship the reclaimer was a true bargain.
  • motanilamotanila Member UncommonPosts: 152
    Originally posted by Pig-Eye

$350 bucks, mans that's almost a good gun o_0

Good luck to the lucky customer!

A gun in SC is just 16$.