Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Played at launch, thinking of returning

I played ARR when it launched and had a lot of fun for a little while. I went hardcore into crafting when I realized my class was, well, kind of terrible. The problem is, hardcore crafting caused me to burn out pretty quickly.

I guess my question is this: have most of the balance issues been resolved? I'm not looking for perfect balance, but something close to reasonable would suffice.

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Balance issues?
  • HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357
    I hear PvP isn't perfect. There's no balance issues with PvE though. At least with the current jobs. We don't know what happens when Ninja is released next month. It may or may not be balanced.
    Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".
  • SigurlaugSigurlaug Member Posts: 3

Good to hear they've done some balancing work. Maybe I'll check it out again.

Thanks!

• GableGable Member UncommonPosts: 44

I returned in August after about 8 months away (left days before the 2.1 patch) and boy, am I loving it.  There is a vast amount of content considering the game is just over a year old (in this incarnation, anyhow) and more exciting things on the way.  Above all, however, it's a game about community, and if you find a good Free Company then the content almost comes second to simply logging in and spending time in so beautiful a world.

From the dungeon mechanics to the music to the majesty of the art itself...this is the best mmo out there, in my opinion (which, to be fair, is worth nothing if you don't think that Rift is a way better game than WoW, haha).

Anyway, come back.  You'll be glad you did.  Just be sure to watch some Mr Happy videos to see what you've been missing in the meantime.

• ChipOreoChipOreo Member UncommonPosts: 22
    If by balance issues you mean WAR being an undesirable tank then yes, they fixed it to be more balanced with PLD. They nerfed Holy a little too I guess. Those are the only two things that come to mind atm.