Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Having fun.

AnslemAnslem Member CommonPosts: 215

So I decided to give Rift a try and I have to say I am pleasantly surprised. 

It's similar to WoW in the sense that there's questing/levels but I love how it's not the SAME zones.  It's refreshing not to be leveling 1-10 in Silverpine Forest. :) 

If anyone plays on Seastone and/or is leveling up a new toon, let me know! 

Played: Ultima Online - DaoC - WoW -

Comments

• DKLondDKLond Member RarePosts: 2,273
    There should be a law against people speaking their minds about an MMO unless they'd played it for a month or two ;)
  • majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091

In Rift I like:

- the character models

- the talent system

- the artifacts you can collect

I don't like:

- the on rails progression, you have zero choice where to go to next

- the landscape looks a bit sterile

- the lack of replayability

- the generic quests

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

• Vaske1984Vaske1984 Member Posts: 228
    Originally posted by DKLond
    There should be a law against people speaking their minds about an MMO unless they'd played it for a month or two ;)

This....because he will be back in a few weeks raging at Trion and how crappy they are lol

• BeastnBeastn Member UncommonPosts: 111
    Why should his opinion be invalid just because he's new to the game? God forbid an mmo grab someone right away...since most people on this site defend other mmos...others by trion in fact..by saying "wait until your level xx then the game will be good, you'll see"
  • DKLondDKLond Member RarePosts: 2,273
    Originally posted by Beastn
    Why should his opinion be invalid just because he's new to the game? God forbid an mmo grab someone right away...since most people on this site defend other mmos...others by trion in fact..by saying "wait until your level xx then the game will be good, you'll see"

Notice the smiley? ;)

That said, an opinion is as useful as it's informed.

When it comes to the MMO genre, you're facing designs intended for long-term gameplay.

As such, having played a few hours or a few days is what I would call a position of ignorance.

That said if you're looking for an MMO to entertain you for a couple of hours and nothing more, then this opinion is informed.