Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What do you want the next Skyrim to be like?

2»

Comments

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286

Multiplayer Options

A separate crafting system that isn't tied in with the various combat skills, and then add more crafting skills as well. The fact that I couldn't use my woodsman axe to chop a tree down annoyed me. 

Better magic system. Elder Scrolls magic has been mostly annoying and really uninspired imo. They need to talk to some of the mod makers to get some better ideas for spells. Hell, just go look at D&D for ideas for spells. Magicka needs a bit of an overhaul too.

Options for more hardcore play instead of having to mod it. Thirst, Hunger, Hypothermia, etc.

• mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356

Elsweyer with tropical jungle and underwater content.

Hardcore playthrough options (you die once its over, you have to eat/drink/sleep).

Better modding compatibility. So that there werent any crashes after installing 200 mods

• ThumbtackJThumbtackJ Member UncommonPosts: 669
    Originally posted by mindw0rk

Elsweyer with tropical jungle and underwater content.

It'll most likely take place in Sumerset Isles, for two reasons:

1) To bring a stop to the Aldmerri Dominion and wrap up that part of the story

2) It's the 5th era now, and we know that Numidium's siege against Alinor lasts until the 5th era, so we'll finally get to see what's left of the Dwemer (as in, when Kagrenac activated Lorkhans Heart with Keening, Sunder and Wraithguard, the Dwemer became the golden skin on the Numidium). 

Also, I want the dungeons to feel more like Dungeons. Not quite as large as Daggerfall, but maybe something closer to Morrowind's dungeon size. Even Labrynthian in Skyrim wasn't all that big compared to some of the dungeons in previous titles (and barely a fraction of the size of Labrynthian in Arena).

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

Originally posted by Classicstar

Originally posted by AlBQuirky
    What would I like in the next TES game?
    - Attributes (again)
    - RNG (again)
    - Skills based on Attributes (again)
    - Fatigue meaning more than how far one can sprint or how many power attacks one can do or how much weight (really?) one can carry (again)
    - In depth Quest Log (again)
    - Removal of GPS tracking (again)
    - Factions/Guilds where skill matters (again)
    - Faction conflicts (kind of again)
    - Sprawling dungeons with no "back doors" (again)
    - More noticeable differences in races (again)
    - Underwater combat (again)
    - Nice graphics
    - Improved radiant quests
    - A story where I am NOT "the chosen one", "the savior of Tamriel", or any variation of that themeWhat will it more than likely be like?
    - Easier dungeons
    - No quest log, just a tracker on the screen, complete with pointers
    - even fewer choices in almost everything
    - Perks reworked, with almost none dealing with anything non-combat worthy
    - Removal of more skill tress
    - Removal or more spells/magical schools
    - More simplified spells
    - A more "Console friendly" interface with more trees and button mashing
    - Easier mechanics to become overpowered quicker
    - Even easier design to help one character do everything in the game
    - Steam only access (again)I have my doubts about the direction TES is taking. And they are selling so many copies that I do not see a reason for them to deviate from that path. I will be watching closely what they say about TES:VI. Skyrim may be the last TES game I ever purchase :(

If its good PC GAME or port most of you wishes and problems solved by MODS.My skyrim looks better then majority of DX 11 games released this year including games like shadow of mordor.

I have an ethical problem with giving Bethesda money for a game that others work hard on making enjoyable. Mods are great, but the base game has to be fun for me before I give them my money.

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

Originally posted by ThumbtackJ
    Also, I want the dungeons to feel more like Dungeons. Not quite as large as Daggerfall, but maybe something closer to Morrowind's dungeon size. Even Labrynthian in Skyrim wasn't all that big compared to some of the dungeons in previous titles (and barely a fraction of the size of Labrynthian in Arena).
    Ever been to Shalidor's Maze (right next to Labyrinthia)? That was NOT a maze. There was 1 path one through the whole thing. I was all excited to go through that first time and so disappointed when I finished it.

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785

Dark Souls combat & ruthless enemeis + Skyrim world & exploration.

^Someone make that game pls ty.

• StimzStimz Member UncommonPosts: 79
    I dont want elder scrolls, I want some more fallout action.

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805
    More promises of a radiant AI that never makes it to the final product (other than a list of excuses)
  • Roman291Roman291 Member UncommonPosts: 104

With ESO, I doubt there will be another Elder Scrolls for a good while, if any. And honestly, I want some more Fallout myself.

• IridescentJoeIridescentJoe Member Posts: 89
    Originally posted by AlBQuirky

What would I like in the next TES game?
    - Attributes (again)
    - RNG (again)
    - Skills based on Attributes (again)
    - Fatigue meaning more than how far one can sprint or how many power attacks one can do or how much weight (really?) one can carry (again)
    - In depth Quest Log (again)
    - Removal of GPS tracking (again)
    - Factions/Guilds where skill matters (again)
    - Faction conflicts (kind of again)
    - Sprawling dungeons with no "back doors" (again)
    - More noticeable differences in races (again)
    - Underwater combat (again)
    - Nice graphics
    - Improved radiant quests
    - A story where I am NOT "the chosen one", "the savior of Tamriel", or any variation of that theme

What will it more than likely be like?
    - Easier dungeons
    - No quest log, just a tracker on the screen, complete with pointers
    - even fewer choices in almost everything
    - Perks reworked, with almost none dealing with anything non-combat worthy
    - Removal of more skill tress
    - Removal or more spells/magical schools
    - More simplified spells
    - A more "Console friendly" interface with more trees and button mashing
    - Easier mechanics to become overpowered quicker
    - Even easier design to help one character do everything in the game
    - Steam only access (again)

I have my doubts about the direction TES is taking. And they are selling so many copies that I do not see a reason for them to deviate from that path. I will be watching closely what they say about TES:VI. Skyrim may be the last TES game I ever purchase :(

Pretty much this. Probably TES 6 will have some co-op features with heavy emphasis in achievement unlocks. Gone are the days of real character customization.

• NephelaiNephelai Member UncommonPosts: 185

Remove the swimming on land feature.

Remove the NPC creature anti gravity boots.