Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Missing Vanguard

AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085
Theres just no other game like it out there :-(

Comments

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,011
    Yeah, I do too!
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • CnuckCnuck Member UncommonPosts: 44
    Yea it was good, but just not good enough. My poor limited edition box is collecting dust. :(

WoW is a disease that will infect your brain and your computer.

• VikingGamerVikingGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,350
    Yeah, I miss it too. It got dated after a while but it was so innovative as to make it easy to look past that. I enjoyed being able to go back to it every now and then.

All die, so die well.

• centkincentkin Member RarePosts: 1,527

Gut Feeling.

Flurry of Arguments.

Lay Blame.

Greener Pastures.

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085
    "Greener Pastures": not found.
  • centkincentkin Member RarePosts: 1,527
    Originally posted by Adamantine

The world is an imperfect place.

I loved diplomacy in Vanguard -- especially back in the beta.  There was so much they wanted to do with it and they only managed a small amount.  Someday another game will have something like diplomacy.

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Originally posted by centkin

I loved diplomacy in Vanguard -- especially back in the beta.  There was so much they wanted to do with it and they only managed a small amount.  Someday another game will have something like diplomacy.

I think that game may very well be EQN, not the same as Vanguards but something very similar and up dated.

Long time since I heard anything about EverQuest Next.

I never got the impression SOE was planning on adopting anything from Vanguard for EverQuest Next.

Last time there was rambling about sandboxing and free to play.

• csthaocsthao Member UncommonPosts: 1,121
    Yeah, after what's been happening with archeage at the moment. I wish Vanguard was still around. Any news on vgo emulator? They haven't been updating their Facebook lately.
  • NagilumSadowNagilumSadow Member UncommonPosts: 318
    I don't know what it was about Vanguard, but it held an astonishing level of immersion for me. Pity it's gone.
  • ThebeastttThebeasttt Member RarePosts: 1,130
    Originally posted by SavageHorizon
    Originally posted by centkin

I think that game may very well be EQN, not the same as Vanguards but something very similar and up dated.

I hope you're joking....

Have you tried the combat in this game. It's more of a sequel to Neverwinter Online then Vanguard lol. That said Vanguard was a terrible game that almost no one played. Most of this thread is the nostalgia talking. How quick we forget about how unplayable it was even in it's prime.  Yes the game had massive potential but in the end not even 1% of that potential was realized.

• MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,515
    Originally posted by Cnuck
    Yea it was good, but just not good enough. My poor limited edition box is collecting dust. :(

I wrote RIP on the dust..and will not clean it :(

mmorpg junkie since 1999

I just keep getting the motivation to play my characters again, or explore certain questlines again, or work on my crafters again, etc.

But its all gone. Sigh.

• EverketEverket Member UncommonPosts: 244

Hopefully the emulator will work out.

Other than that not much good stuff out there, project gorgon is pretty interesting though. Old style classless indie mmorpg with more skills(many weird ones) that any other mmorpg I've seen.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Originally posted by csthao
    Yeah, after what's been happening with archeage at the moment. I wish Vanguard was still around. Any news on vgo emulator? They haven't been updating their Facebook lately.

They last posted on Nov 20th... There is a current progress vid there.

Originally posted by Everket

Hopefully the emulator will work out.

Other than that not much good stuff out there, project gorgon is pretty interesting though. Old style classless indie mmorpg with more skills(many weird ones) that any other mmorpg I've seen.

Sounds interesting, though personally I'm a huge fan of classic static classes.

Vanguard is one of the best examples why classic classes are a good idea - you play a different class, its a whole different playstyle and you have to think about very different things.

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    I don't miss it all since i have much better version of Vanguard called EQ2.
  • grimgryphongrimgryphon Member CommonPosts: 682
    Originally posted by Bigdaddyx
    I don't miss it all since i have much better version of Vanguard called EQ2.

Please tell me you're kidding...

Optional PvP = No PvP

No i am not.

EQ2 has everything that Vanguard has. And it gets regular support and content update.

Other than diplomacy EQ2 infact has much more to do in terms of features. 

Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by Bigdaddyx

No i am not.

EQ2 has everything that Vanguard has. And it gets regular support and content update.

Other than diplomacy EQ2 infact has much more to do in terms of features. 

Please stop.....

EQ2 has everything that Vanguard has....

OK whats the punchline, because this joke is killing me

I am sorry if you disagree. You make it sound as if Vanguard was so damn unique and out of this world.