Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Im in need of some help!!

bebopdrumsbebopdrums Member UncommonPosts: 168
Hi ok, first of all...i really do believe in archeage, all that its achieving, and it sounds like a game that i want to be a part of. Currently im level 24 and, to be frank, im starting to get to that point where i want to cancel my sub because im finding the game to be extremely confusing in terms of crafting, making money of any kind, and simply completing quests that are given to me. I guess, sadly, this game is beyond me? Noone in game, even my own guild, seems to care to help a new player learn the ropes, and im constantly blocking gold spammers so i can even read a response. The game, frankly, is about as misleading and confusing as it possibly can be. ("Wheres the blue salt vendor the game refers to for purchasing items?" oh hes right here except the npc is called the blue salt vice president or some such thing, not even close to the title blue salt vendor, in game.) Im on my fourth trade mission to get across the sea, game doesnt tell you that its essentially impossible to get across the ocean, unless you have a clipper, well i made the pack already, and cant do anything with it since my farm is in starting land, so i wasted it because i wasnt informed that getting across the ocean would be such a thing. I have no problem putting in the effort, and i love that its such a thing. The game simply tells NOTHING that you need to/should know and does the WORST job of helping a new player learn the systems. All this to say, is their actually a good person playing AA, that isnt 13yo, OR A TOTAL JERK, that is willing to help out a new player? Im simply asking for info, since the game does such a shit job of doling it out. I cant even seem to make basic recipes because lunarite is rarer than goddamn plutonium, even though its rarity stat ingame says its common, and of course if i search the AH theres a billion different kinds of lunarite except not one matches the icon in the recipe book. nice. as you can see im frustrated. i welcome the challenge but right now im just flying around on my glider because i dont have a clue what else to do.....help :(

Comments

• JabasJabas Member UncommonPosts: 1,249

Well, 1st you could organize a little your thread and do direct questions so ppl could help, is not easy to read your post.

After a moment of relax, wanna elaborate a little better your questions about the game?

• bebopdrumsbebopdrums Member UncommonPosts: 168

lol, yes i know...its a bit erratic sounding isnt it. Well truth be told, ive a million questions!!! 

firstly, the trade quests...what am i building up to with these blue salt trade quests...i made my trade commerce pack for the quest that sends to solis. Made the pack, then im standing there with this thing on my back....How do i get to Solis??? Question 1. Can i get someones help? Is there a public transport from a major port? Only thing i was told, ohhh you should have a clipper. Ok well walking around 1 an hour isnt going to be the best way to embark on getting this ship. 

Where do i buy a clipper??? Where do i spend my gilda? How do i craft and level at alchemy without it taking as long as i have left on this earth? Ok i want to make seed bundles .. got 10 seeds, the farmers ties or whatever, need a farming station. Took me forever to realize you BUILD a farming station, and the mats for THAT are beyond my reach at the moment...

every where i turn and try to progress, theres always something that i cant do or dont have or will require tons of farming to acquire the materials...so i just stand still...

• bebopdrumsbebopdrums Member UncommonPosts: 168
    and just to be clear im simply posting here, because i literally can not get a single bit of help in game. While of course there are good people, and guilds im sure, the public community of AA that im experiencing is just the absolute worst ive ever seen. That combined with a literally a futile effort to block the most over the top gold spamming ive ever seen in my life,  (I mean to the point where they use names that you cant see and replace them with fake names so you cant block them until someone eeks out its name and you get lucky enough that it hasnt already been moved off page by another spam post), has literally given me no other outlet to seek information in game. So i had to post here. 
  • TezcatTezcat Member UncommonPosts: 82

What server/side are you on?

All new members in our guild are asked to join in on teamspeak so we can help them. We even take them in to a separate channel to talk them through things. We'll meet up with them in game to help/show them/locate things.

Find a good guild. This game cannot be played solo. That's the problem a lot of younger players are having. They are so used to the wow hand holding model they can't research stuff or explore or just generally think for themselves and use there imaginations in a game situation.

• JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353

You are doing fine dude, this game is super different, but no more complex than any MMO you've played. With time you will have all the answers. As a level 24 I was hella confused as well in beta, thought I would never get it but the rabbit hole doesn't go much deeper than you are now. (until you get into the nitty gritty of max tier crafting)

The Blue Salt Brotherhood give out all the crafting quests which are useful, especially the trade pack ones, and the mining quests.

The Trade pack quests lead up to your large scarecrow garden. You will need someone with a boat to take you, either for a fee or a guild/friend, or you can build your boat first... up to you.

For crafting, you have every craft avail already and most recipes. It is all a matter of finding the ingredients you need and the workbench required. There are like 2-3 workbenches for various professions. For instance for handicrafting I use a handicraft kiln and a smelter, but you will use almost all workstations for something eventually.

So right now is a good time to decide what you want to start making and start acquiring ingredients. Use the web or shift-click an ingredient to see how it's crafted or for more information about it try reading the tooltip that pops up upon mousing over each ingredient.

Make sure to break down all quest gear using an evenstone (purchased by blacksmith) into Archeum which is used for many crafted items.

PS: Mining is a great way to spend labor, I only know of the major mine on the East cont. It is in Solis Headlands on top and behind mountains slighty northwest of Halo Hollow (i think that is the name of town)

Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile