Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pantheon = Visions 2 (Producer Laurene Wells posts hate speech on facebook)

2»

Comments

• rnor6084rnor6084 Member UncommonPosts: 111
    Originally posted by grimal
    I have a problem with anyone pushing their unsolicited religious views on me.

Did someone put a gun to your head and force you to read it? NO.

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    Originally posted by Cheena
    Originally posted by Loktofeit
    Originally posted by lugal
    How about you keep your hate to other sites. Attacking somebody cuz of their religeous belief, is something a jihadist would do.

Hon, a jihadist attacks others for EXISTING... The producer of Panthon Laurene Wells aka Sparkle on the site gave her opinion. I do not care to have her share her opinions...

...then go play something else for pete's sake. 

Are you outraged, Cheena? Did she ruin your dreams of a perfect Pantheon? Haz teh dream been crushed?

I mean, really, Cheena, if you don't like a feature, backstory, theme, setting,developer, publisher or whatever of an MMO - especially one not even out yet - go play something else. There's 3fuckinghundred MMOs to choose from. Why get yourself this riled up over something so trivial. Yes, Cheena, this is pretty damn trivial. 

hon look at the photos before you call me a bigot.... at the bottom there are 2 PUBLIC facebook posts. Both are anti GLBT comments. I am far from a bigot i think it is humorous I am called that for exposing someone else as one. MY best friends are Christian. She is using her belief to insult other people she knows nothing about based on her belief.

As another here said I do not care for her beliefs shaping this game. Also I am invested in this game well over $100 that is why I and others care. She has strayed the game from the vision we were given when we gave to the game. Also there are many other MMO's out there... most are not old-school like Pantheon was supposed to be.

Demand a refund.   For the reason, tell them it's because of what she said.  If they refuse, take them to court.

• CendhariaCendharia Member UncommonPosts: 319
    Originally posted by Cendharia
    I have no problem with people expressing their views, but these kind of statements are not wise to make.  I personally found it offensive and would think twice about buying her game. 

It's not her game..it's McQuaid's game ..she's just the hired on producer. 

Don't care.  If she's still associated with it after this, I will just add it to my "do not buy list."

Frankly have been feeling the same way, so don't blame you a bit.   Still have hopes despite all the pitfalls, stops,  starts...and revolving door,  that somehow,  some way this game gets made. 

SO TIRED OF THE PABLUM we are fed out there these days,   McQuaid knows how to make a good game...so I am in it for the long haul.   *sigh*

• CheenaCheena Member Posts: 21
    Originally posted by rnor6084

It is less about me reading it and personally being offended than the fact that she represents Pantheon and has shaped the game to have "teddy bears" she tried to implement "fuzzy trolls" read the 3 strikes thread and they talk about it.

• rnor6084rnor6084 Member UncommonPosts: 111
    Originally posted by rnor6084

It is less about me reading it and personally being offended than the fact that she represents Pantheon and has shaped the game to have "teddy bears" she tried to implement "fuzzy trolls" read the 3 strikes thread and they talk about it.

That, i can understand. 

Originally posted by lugal
    How about you keep your hate to other sites. Attacking somebody cuz of their religeous belief, is something a jihadist would do.

Hon, a jihadist attacks others for EXISTING... The producer of Panthon Laurene Wells aka Sparkle on the site gave her opinion. I do not care to have her share her opinions...

...then go play something else for pete's sake. 

Are you outraged, Cheena? Did she ruin your dreams of a perfect Pantheon? Haz teh dream been crushed?

I mean, really, Cheena, if you don't like a feature, backstory, theme, setting,developer, publisher or whatever of an MMO - especially one not even out yet - go play something else. There's 3fuckinghundred MMOs to choose from. Why get yourself this riled up over something so trivial. Yes, Cheena, this is pretty damn trivial. 

hon look at the photos before you call me a bigot.... at the bottom there are 2 PUBLIC facebook posts. Both are anti GLBT comments. I am far from a bigot i think it is humorous I am called that for exposing someone else as one. MY best friends are Christian. She is using her belief to insult other people she knows nothing about based on her belief.

As another here said I do not care for her beliefs shaping this game. Also I am invested in this game well over $100 that is why I and others care. She has strayed the game from the vision we were given when we gave to the game. Also there are many other MMO's out there... most are not old-school like Pantheon was supposed to be.

Demand a refund.   For the reason, tell them it's because of what she said.  If they refuse, take them to court.

At this point they claim there is no money.... they spent it all like before.... it has been asked by others. To take it to court would cost more than $100 anyways. If you goto the main website the number trickles... the rest goes to development.

• ninjapyninjapy Member UncommonPosts: 39
    Here is an idea, if you don't like the game because of her then don't buy it. Free market works great.
  • Storm_CloudStorm_Cloud Member UncommonPosts: 401

So what are you guys saying? There goes my nr 1 choice in race and class?

Revanant + Necromancer = A true evil character (in game, love it!!!)

I know that the Revanant was in earlier so figured it was taken out to be added later in an expansion, just like hopefully the necromancer would be.  It will be very sad for me if I cannot play my nr 1 favorite combination. I was ok with it being taken out to be put in later, so I'd play my 2nd favorite which is human monk until then. But, if my nr 1 will not be added at all, well, not sure what I'll do.

I hope that this is not true. What's going to be in the game is based on 1 persons religious believes? That would really suck, but also raises the question, what power does she have over Brad that make him agree to this?

EQ1, nr 1 was Dark Elf + Necromancer. When Kunark came, I recreated my necromancer to become an Iksar.

EQ2, The evil continued as Iksar Necromancer. :)

Vanguard, Dark elf Necromancer.

• CendhariaCendharia Member UncommonPosts: 319
    Originally posted by ninjapy
    Here is an idea, if you don't like the game because of her then don't buy it. Free market works great.

Donated "bought into the idea" some months ago.   Kind of obliged to see it through.

Originally posted by ninjapy

Hon that plan usually works, but this is a pledged game... that means people like me and others have ALREADY bought the game. Then when they got this new producer she changed these ideas. Then there are her facebook posts. She represents Visionary Realms... would you support a game that was biased toward any certain group? I certainly do not.

Then there are the teddy bears and fuzzy trolls.

• jacktorsjacktors Member UncommonPosts: 180
    Originally posted by drivendawn
    Originally posted by Pig-Eye
    I have no problem with people expressing their views, but these kind of statements are not wise to make.  I personally found it offensive and would think twice about buying her game. 

Agreed. She's not doing the game any favors by bringing up religion. Look at the reaction to something as simple as 'god bless' as a closing. That alone should be a clue for her to tone the rest waythehell down. 

Oh the humanity!

Personally, I'd take "God Bless" over "Eat shit and die!" any day of the week.

Just my opinion.

I no right "God bless" how dare she that evil woman. Oh and she is christian and thinks that being gay is wrong who knew.    

I am so tired of people relating anti-gay to Christians.  

News flash.... I am a Christian... and... I have absolutely no issues with anyone's sexual orientation.  I am a straight male, former alter boy and Catholic School attendee.  But I support all sexual orientation.  I cringe every time I see the media bash the Christians when some extreme religious hate group makes the news.  It is the same as when the Muslim Religion is bashed because of the evils of Islamic extremists. It is generalizing, labeling and frankly, bigotry.

As far as this woman, her opinions are her own. But when they are transferred into a game that people have invested in, then those people have every right to be upset, especially if they are kept in the dark about it.  

I applaud the OP.  Good job. 

Originally posted by Storm_Cloud

So what are you guys saying? There goes my nr 1 choice in race and class?

Revanant + Necromancer = A true evil character (in game, love it!!!)

I know that the Revanant was in earlier so figured it was taken out to be added later in an expansion, just like hopefully the necromancer would be.  It will be very sad for me if I cannot play my nr 1 favorite combination. I was ok with it being taken out to be put in later, so I'd play my 2nd favorite which is human monk until then. But, if my nr 1 will not be added at all, well, not sure what I'll do.

I hope that this is not true. What's going to be in the game is based on 1 persons religious believes. That would really suck, but also raises the question, what power does she have over Brad that make him agree to this?

EQ1, nr 1 was Dark Elf + Necromancer. When Kunark came, I recreated my necromancer to become an Iksar.

EQ2, The evil continued as Iksar Necromancer. :)

Vanguard, Dark elf Necromancer.

I do not know about expansion content.... I think that page is mostly ideas for the content.... she refused to admit the Revanant race was axes until rerolled.org and its members on the site pressed her to.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

Just so I have this thread right....

OP posts that an official member of a development project shouldn't be posting religious hate on the official site.Nor should they be using their position to further their own beliefs or trying to bring them into the game on the official site.

Posters then accuse the OP of not minding their own business and calling her a hater/bigot/ anti-christian

Sounds about right for this place....I guess.

Originally posted by jacktors
    Originally posted by drivendawn
    Originally posted by Pig-Eye

Agreed. She's not doing the game any favors by bringing up religion. Look at the reaction to something as simple as 'god bless' as a closing. That alone should be a clue for her to tone the rest waythehell down. 

Oh the humanity!

Personally, I'd take "God Bless" over "Eat shit and die!" any day of the week.

Just my opinion.

I no right "God bless" how dare she that evil woman. Oh and she is christian and thinks that being gay is wrong who knew.    

I am so tired of people relating anti-gay to Christians.  

News flash.... I am a Christian... and... I have absolutely no issues with anyone's sexual orientation.  I am a straight male, former alter boy and Catholic School attendee.  But I support all sexual orientation.  I cringe every time I see the media bash the Christians when some extreme religious hate group makes the news.  It is the same as when the Muslim Religion is bashed because of the evils of Islamic extremists. It is generalizing, labeling and frankly, bigotry.

As far as this woman, her opinions are her own. But when they are transferred into a game that people have invested in, then those people have every right to be upset, especially if they are kept in the dark about it.  

I applaud the OP.  Good job. 

well i was not saying that all Chrsitians are anti gay. Read her posts... she is using her religion as an arguement the sites she links to (which are seen on the photos) are far right Christian sites. I know athiests who are anti-gay.  MY main problem with her being Christian is she is using that to influence her decisions to make the game.

Yes many of us did invest unpon a certain image Brad McQuaid gave us. These changes also started when the new producer joined the project. 

the hate was on her facebook page, but was public for all to see. She represents the project still as those familiar withthe project know her name, which is listed on the website.

• AzothAzoth Member UncommonPosts: 840
    Originally posted by Torvaldr
    OP, you're not supposed to post religious topics or witch hunts about the religious beliefs of others. Your anti-Christian hate agenda is offensive. We all have to put up with the beliefs of others we don't agree with. There is a ton of that on this site so just deal with it. The topic should be closed.

Reread it all please, you missed the point of the post.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by Azoth
    OP, you're not supposed to post religious topics or witch hunts about the religious beliefs of others. Your anti-Christian hate agenda is offensive. We all have to put up with the beliefs of others we don't agree with. There is a ton of that on this site so just deal with it. The topic should be closed.

Reread it all please, you missed the point of the post.

^ what he said.

Look at where the posts are being made.

Torvaldr read what I said, it seems noone has. 

1 I as many others have pledged money toward a vision Brad McQuaid made.

2 New producer comes butchers the vision. Cuts out lore and a race from the game we already bought.

3 She then posts hate toward GLBT people publicly on her facebook page, using her beliefs as an excuse.

This is not a beef with Christianity. This is a beef with her using it to shape the game in a different way than we pledged money to have. We cannot not but the game or I would just steer clear. We pledged we BOUGHT the game already!

I do not think most Christians follow her beliefs, but that does not mean she does not believe that way. In the end I would care as much about her hate posts if she were athiest. She represents Visionary Realms.

It is bad enough she is destroying the game by adding teddy bears and fuzzy trolls as NPC races. 

• Scott23Scott23 Member UncommonPosts: 293

Yes many of us did invest unpon a certain image Brad McQuaid gave us.

Well, there is your first mistake.  After the Vanguard mess did he really think that people would pony up the development costs of a new MMO?

Originally posted by Scott23

Well, there is your first mistake.  After the Vanguard mess did he really think that people would pony up the development costs of a new MMO?

Hon the kickstarter had over $400,000. I have read extensivly about the Vanguard "mess" to blame me for believing in him after one mistake is silly. I am not sure why you make me the criminal.

Brad owned up to the money issues in Pantheon. I get that, I was invested at that point. What I do not get is why he hired his current producer. He did not interview her to hire her, rumor is he went out and CHOSE her.

I will confess if she stays I will not support any of his projects again. I would regardless hesitate to do another kickstarter of his. He is a very good developer of games. He has poor business sense.

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

Torvaldr read what I said, it seems noone has. 

1 I as many others have pledged money toward a vision Brad McQuaid made.

2 New producer comes butchers the vision. Cuts out lore and a race from the game we already bought.

3 She then posts hate toward GLBT people publicly on her facebook page, using her beliefs as an excuse.

This is not a beef with Christianity. This is a beef with her using it to shape the game in a different way than we pledged money to have. We cannot not but the game or I would just steer clear. We pledged we BOUGHT the game already!

I do not think most Christians follow her beliefs, but that does not mean she does not believe that way. In the end I would care as much about her hate posts if she were athiest. She represents Visionary Realms.

It is bad enough she is destroying the game by adding teddy bears and fuzzy trolls as NPC races. 

ok i've read through the thread to try and get on top of whats going on here, since you made it all neat ill just insert some comments here

1 and 2 i get. thats relevant to the game, valid complaint.

3 i dont really understand. its on her facebook page, which can be put off as a personal blog totally unrelated to the game. Please draw a line between the two issues for me here

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

Hon the kickstarter had over $400,000. I have read extensivly about the Vanguard "mess" to blame me for believing in him after one mistake is silly. I am not sure why you make me the criminal.

Brad owned up to the money issues in Pantheon. I get that, I was invested at that point. What I do not get is why he hired his current producer. He did not interview her to hire her, rumor is he went out and CHOSE her.

I will confess if she stays I will not support any of his projects again. I would regardless hesitate to do another kickstarter of his. He is a very good developer of games. He has poor business sense.

I'm really trying to get this, but all im getting is the game isnt going in the right direction you want, and you dont like that,

AND then you go and pad your arguement with sexual/religious preferences and rumors. multiple times.

I have a hard time not considering this you just trying to stir a pot to get a result...

EDIT: I mean, cmon. You didnt even mention the issue with the GAME in the title of this THREAD.

You just made it click bait with the hate headline.

Yeah...i'm out.

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• AzothAzoth Member UncommonPosts: 840

I read somewhere that she is a personal friend.

This discussion has been closed.