Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pantheon = Visions 2 (Producer Laurene Wells posts hate speech on facebook)

Do not believe me? Read about Visions http://www.visionsgame.com

Then read about LAurene Wells aka Sparkle on the site.

She is ultra religious. On the Pantheon site she ends most posts with religious terms like "god bless"

It gets worse look on her facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/LaureneWells/posts/10153174828724606

She posts anti gay and transgender posts on her facebook page. Put aside what you think of those people, do you want that in YOUR videogame? She is welcome to her opinion, but she does not understand how  to separate personal like from business. It gets worse. Brad (whom I respect) hired her and her family (who are just like her as you will see in the kickstarter video for Visions. The question is WHY he hired her. She brings nothing to the table other than SERVERS to make Pantheon.

Her kickstarter video for visions, and the skills she has at kickstarting shows how little marketing experience she has.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1799801709/visions-a-christian-mmorpg/?ref=kicktraq

(watch the video on the Kickstarter for a few  laughs)

She talks about lore often on the website, but constantly shows there is NONE. When pushed to show some by the community about a month ago she attacked them. at the bottom of this page.

https://www.pantheonrotf.com/forums/topic/1185/3-strikes-you-re-out?page=5

In case she deletes her facebook post here is the proof in the pudding. When she is done with Pantheon it will be a Christian MMORPG.

Comments

• CheenaCheena Member Posts: 21

No she does not, but her throwing her religion into the mix makes it worse....  I know many members who donated tons of money to this game... IF this game manages to get made it will be a Christian MMORPG. She has deleted things from lore like the Revanant... WHY? The Revanant was an evil race. Evil incarnate.

IT is bad enough she has not worked on the lore that any of those I talk to who still surf the site have seen.  She has TAKEN AWAY from the old lore (like with the Revanant.) 

Then you get posts like what she is posting online on facebook. If I can see it everyone in the world can. She represents the game. She is going around posting hate messages about a group of people, is absurd. You do not have to like GLBT people to respect if she is doing that she has no problem turning the game into a Christian MMORPG.

Brad has said he has final authority when it gets to Pantheon... Brad fire her, or she will destroy your dream. I know many people who would come back if she left.

• lugallugal Member UncommonPosts: 671
    How about you keep your hate to other sites. Attacking somebody cuz of their religeous belief, is something a jihadist would do.

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    The reviewer has a mishapen head
    Which means his opinion is skewed
    ...Aldous.MF'n.Huxley

Originally posted by lugal
    How about you keep your hate to other sites. Attacking somebody cuz of their religeous belief, is something a jihadist would do.

Hon, a jihadist attacks others for EXISTING... The producer of Panthon on the site gave her opinion. I do not care to have her share her opinions of hate with others representing the game. I also do not want things like that in the game.

I frankly want Pantheon to succeed. But I cannot support it or recommend it with someone making the game posting things like this. She has a right to an opinion. She represents a game and her opinion has consequences.

• lugallugal Member UncommonPosts: 671
    Bigotry begets bigotry I guess.

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    The reviewer has a mishapen head
    Which means his opinion is skewed
    ...Aldous.MF'n.Huxley

• CendhariaCendharia Member UncommonPosts: 319
    Originally posted by Rhoklaw

If Brad had hired her as the Community Manager, I'd understand why.

/sarcasm off

However, she obviously doesn't understand when a community is waiting patiently, sometimes for very long periods of time, they "love" to debate / speculate about game mechanics, lore or content. She is a prime example of a business suit with no friggin clue about what she is participating in. To me, this is just a job to her and she has no passion what so ever about the game or the community behind it.

EDIT: That Vision kickstarter project video was a cringing reminder of Westboro Baptist videos and now I truly feel sorry for anyone interested in Pantheon.

Unfortunately, calling the current "producer" a business suit is giving her Wayyy more credit than she actually deserves.  

This is a religious family that wants to produce MMOs of the religious sort.   Absolutely NOTHING WRONG with that.

Unfortunately it seems that the paying customers are not privy to the "top secret destruction" of the original lore written by the former team for PANTHEON ...it's been months now and not a peep other than something written by Aradune himself, which is interesting and needs some expansion to flesh it out.

I presume that will happen when he has time for it.    Meantime I think most of us fear, that all the scary, evil parts have been removed from the lore, in order to push forward teddy bears and butterflies and rainbows, and perhaps a few angels hanging about. 

THAT is not what the paying customers signed up for,  but unfortunately, it seems to be that our input, despite information to the contrary on the kickstarter page,  is not needed, wanted, required.

Lots of work happening in regard to world building, we're told as per screen shots shown on Facebook..etc  these arrive quite regularly recently,  can't fault them for that.    Almost gives me hope that the game will make it after all,  we'll see.   I am just concerned that it won't be a McQuaid game in the end,  but some mmo light version...not challenging and everyone holding hands and singing Kumbaya. 

• UproarUproar Member UncommonPosts: 521
    Sounds like a good game.  Thanks -- I'll check it out!

Well, while it's true that religion shouldn't be discussed on this website. I think the OP clearly pointed out she is pushing "her" beliefs into the game lore and removing bits and pieces that she may or may not agree with. So in essence, it's quite possible she is making religion a matter of importance in the creation of Pantheon. There is nothing wrong with someone making an observation, especially if done without insult or in a demeaning manner.

I am not a bigot... I do however not want a fantasy game that is not about real life to be turned into a real life religion. As to bigots... read her facebook posts.... they are sickening. Rhoklaw you are right, the point is I do not want her mind making this game. She is a bigot herself.

She is taking a game that had a mixture of dark and light and making it into candyland. Why do you think she took out Revanants? IT disagreed with her religious beliefs. I have no problem with having religion. I do when it shapes a game I helped fund after kickstarter.

Originally posted by Cendharia

If Brad had hired her as the Community Manager, I'd understand why.

/sarcasm off

However, she obviously doesn't understand when a community is waiting patiently, sometimes for very long periods of time, they "love" to debate / speculate about game mechanics, lore or content. She is a prime example of a business suit with no friggin clue about what she is participating in. To me, this is just a job to her and she has no passion what so ever about the game or the community behind it.

EDIT: That Vision kickstarter project video was a cringing reminder of Westboro Baptist videos and now I truly feel sorry for anyone interested in Pantheon.

Unfortunately, calling the current "producer" a business suit is giving her Wayyy more credit than she actually deserves.  

This is a religious family that wants to produce MMOs of the religious sort.   Absolutely NOTHING WRONG with that.

Unfortunately it seems that the paying customers are not privy to the "top secret destruction" of the original lore written by the former team for PANTHEON ...it's been months now and not a peep other than something written by Aradune himself, which is interesting and needs some expansion to flesh it out.

I presume that will happen when he has time for it.    Meantime I think most of us fear, that all the scary, evil parts have been removed from the lore, in order to push forward teddy bears and butterflies and rainbows, and perhaps a few angels hanging about. 

THAT is not what the paying customers signed up for,  but unfortunately, it seems to be that our input, despite information to the contrary on the kickstarter page,  is not needed, wanted, required.

Lots of work happening in regard to world building, we're told as per screen shots shown on Facebook..etc  these arrive quite regularly recently,  can't fault them for that.    Almost gives me hope that the game will make it after all,  we'll see.   I am just concerned that it won't be a McQuaid game in the end,  but some mmo light version...not challenging and everyone holding hands and singing Kumbaya. 

Cendharia... that is my point.... look at those pictures of her faceboook posts....  one she has taken down. the other is still up last I checked. I took screenshots for proof.... There is something wrong with a game producer, who posts stuff like that on their free time.

• GestankfaustGestankfaust Member UncommonPosts: 1,989

It's none of your business what other people's beliefs are...at all! She is entitled to believe anything she wants. But because you don't believe the same, it somehow makes her bad for gaming development? That's a joke. If and when it affects the game in question, then you can voice your opinion on the point, not on her beliefs, and decide not to fund said game/company.

Posting this crap here makes you as bad as her IMO.

"This may hurt a little, but it's something you'll get used to. Relax....."

Originally posted by Gestankfaust

It's none of your business what other people's beliefs are...at all! She is entitled to believe anything she wants. But because you don't believe the same, it somehow makes her bad for gaming development? That's a joke. If and when it affects the game in question, then you can voice your opinion on the point, not on her beliefs, and decide not to fund said game/company.

She is welcome to believe what she wants, but she made it public that is what the little ball on the icon means. It is bad for gaming development beucase she is shaping the game based on her beliefs. She has taken out the Revanant race and added some Merman style race, rumors are she really intended to add... teddy bears.

Think what you will, I am telling others so they do not invest in the game until she is gone. The way she is shaping the game is not what most of us invested toward.

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026

And I'll freely post my opinion:

That lady is a crackpot.

You stay sassy!

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by Cheena

Hon, a jihadist attacks others for EXISTING... The producer of Panthon Laurene Wells aka Sparkle on the site gave her opinion. I do not care to have her share her opinions...

...then go play something else for pete's sake. 

Are you outraged, Cheena? Did she ruin your dreams of a perfect Pantheon? Haz teh dream been crushed?

I mean, really, Cheena, if you don't like a feature, backstory, theme, setting,developer, publisher or whatever of an MMO - especially one not even out yet - go play something else. There's 3fuckinghundred MMOs to choose from. Why get yourself this riled up over something so trivial. Yes, Cheena, this is pretty damn trivial. 

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

You like that other poster are completely twisting it around and missing the point.

He is saying that it IS affecting the outcome of the game as she has a say in what goes on.Also he is not attacking her for her  beliefs but instead what she brings to THE GAME.

You have to remember this site has rules against discussing touchy subjects but does that make the people in charge of those rules HATERS of others peoples opinions,no of course not,they simply don't want it just as this poster is saying that he simply does not want that in the game.

My point is that nobody should twist this around into some HATE thing towards anyone."Does not like" certain ideas in a game is no different than the million users who have stated they don't like certain aspects in their games,this is no different.

I have seen this very site not only allow one of their writers to post LINKS to religious topics but they also made it a highlighted topic to discuss.What that writer condoned by this site was doing is just providing proof to a point,that is what this site wants is proof when making comments.Personally i did not like it either because this site was showing bigotry by not allowing others but allowed their writer to do even worse by posting links but whatever i don't lose sleep over it.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    I have no problem with people expressing their views, but these kind of statements are not wise to make.  I personally found it offensive and would think twice about buying her game. 
    Originally posted by Loktofeit

Hon, a jihadist attacks others for EXISTING... The producer of Panthon Laurene Wells aka Sparkle on the site gave her opinion. I do not care to have her share her opinions...

Are you outraged, Cheena? Did she ruin your dreams of a perfect Pantheon? Haz teh dream been crushed?

I mean, really, Cheena, if you don't like a feature, backstory, theme, setting,developer, publisher or whatever of an MMO - especially one not even out yet - go play something else. There's 3fuckinghundred MMOs to choose from. Why get yourself this riled up over something so trivial. Yes, Cheena, this is pretty damn trivial. 

For you its trivial.  But for many its quite offensive.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by grimal
    I have no problem with people expressing their views, but these kind of statements are not wise to make.  I personally found it offensive and would think twice about buying her game. 

Agreed. She's not doing the game any favors by bringing up religion. Look at the reaction to something as simple as 'god bless' as a closing. That alone should be a clue for her to tone the rest waythehell down. 

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

The entire point flew over your head like a 747 jet.   We're talking about the game Pantheon,  and yes the producer is "religious"  ...nothing wrong with that.

What's wrong is the original lore and concept for the game have been changed, to suit the religious theme that she has going in her other game.   Or at least that is the fear, the suspicion, seeing as they are not being at all forthcoming to the paying customers.   Nothing is being let out,  our input is largely not wanted, from the last responses we received from her where she started locking threads, because I guess we weren't allowed to discuss the game lore or even question it.  (one of the reasons we were there I might add) on the kickstarter it was stated, that part of this deal was that our feedback was wanted by the dev team (or something to that effect.)  

One would hope that at least some framework or semblance of lore...would be there, visible for us to see.    All we know is that the lore and the race Revenant (which was evil-based) have been removed.   

Instead we are hearing rumours of teddy bears and fuzzy critters.    Is this the challenge?  McQuaid's games have been challenging adventures,    not fluffy bunnies.    THAT is the concern.

• Pig-EyePig-Eye Member Posts: 115

Agreed. She's not doing the game any favors by bringing up religion. Look at the reaction to something as simple as 'god bless' as a closing. That alone should be a clue for her to tone the rest waythehell down. 

Oh the humanity!

Personally, I'd take "God Bless" over "Eat shit and die!" any day of the week.

Just my opinion.

I got your Deliverance!

Where's my banjo?!!

• rnor6084rnor6084 Member UncommonPosts: 111
    I think someone is a closet anti-christian bigot.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

While I have no problem with what she does in her personal life (yes, living in a free society means living with people with entirely different beliefs and agendas) She could have handled that last post much better.

I'm not sure why these people are getting hired as community managers and it leaves me to believe I might have a career in community management. 

hmmmmmmm image

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977
    I thought this game was cancelled...
    I have a problem with anyone pushing their unsolicited religious views on me.

It's not her game..it's McQuaid's game ..she's just the hired on producer. 

hon look at the photos before you call me a bigot.... at the bottom there are 2 PUBLIC facebook posts. Both are anti GLBT comments. I am far from a bigot i think it is humorous I am called that for exposing someone else as one. MY best friends are Christian. She is using her belief to insult other people she knows nothing about based on her belief.

As another here said I do not care for her beliefs shaping this game. Also I am invested in this game well over $100 that is why I and others care. She has strayed the game from the vision we were given when we gave to the game. Also there are many other MMO's out there... most are not old-school like Pantheon was supposed to be.

As to the game and its producer, we are asking her to be fired.... her beliefs should be kept to herself and saying such things, is not good for business.

Originally posted by Cendharia

It's not her game..it's McQuaid's game ..she's just the hired on producer. 

Don't care.  If she's still associated with it after this, I will just add it to my "do not buy list."

This discussion has been closed.