Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New ship with LTI for sale Reclaimer , only 350$ !

Comments

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by bartoni33

Thirdly, any ship that can be bought for real money can be earned in-game. So no pay-to-win there.

That's the first time I've ever heard that. Is that actually confirmed?

If it is, then it just goes to show how much people like to focus on the negative aspect of things.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044
    Originally posted by nbtscan

Fithlyimage, and most importantly, WE NEED WHALES! I want stupid people with more money than sense paying my way to help make this game as good as has been promised. I've spent about $150 total I think in this game so far, bought the cheapest ship (Aurora LX-LTI) plus some other crap and I do not plan to spend another dime until launch of at least Squadron 42 (SP game that released before the Persistent Universe). So hurray to all the folks that have money to burn, burn it on SC!

And what kind of advantage does said whales have over the plebs that have to earn their stuff the old fashioned way?

They get their ships faster than those who have to earn them. So what? My enjoyment of this or any game is not dependent on what other people do. Hell, the guild I'm in (Grievance FTW) is full of people that have spent insane amounts of money in SC. I'll just follow them around in my shitty LX until I get enough credits to get something better. That's how the real world we live on works. I could care less how you got that Connie that is blasting me/helping me. I'll deal with my own problems the way I feel fit to.

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

Originally posted by Azaron_Nightblade

Thirdly, any ship that can be bought for real money can be earned in-game. So no pay-to-win there.

If it is, then it just goes to show how much people like to focus on the negative aspect of things.

Yes it has been confirmed for years now.

Yes some people like to focus on the negative aspects of things. Or just general ignorance, take your pick.

EDIT: Direct quote from Reclaimer page:

Remember: we are offering this pledge ship to help fund Star Citizen’s development. All of these ships will be available for in-game credits in the final universe, and they are not required to start the game. Additionally, all decorative ‘flare’ items will also be available to acquire in the finished game world. The goal is to make additional ships available that give players a different experience rather than a particular advantage when the persistent universe launches.

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• LazyDazedLazyDazed Member UncommonPosts: 166
    Plebs are always welcome to man my cannons and repair, I pay better than minimum wage.
  • hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401

Yes some people like to focus on the negative aspects of things. Or just general ignorance, take your pick.

Remember: we are offering this pledge ship to help fund Star Citizen’s development. All of these ships will be available for in-game credits in the final universe, and they are not required to start the game. Additionally, all decorative ‘flare’ items will also be available to acquire in the finished game world. The goal is to make additional ships available that give players a different experience rather than a particular advantage when the persistent universe launches.

And the same goes for LTI? You will be able to buy that for ingame funds as well? If so, then i am wrong about this game being p2w, sorry.

Originally posted by hfztt

And the same goes for LTI? You will be able to buy that for ingame funds as well? If so, then i am wrong about this game being p2w, sorry.

Their is no LTI to be bought in-game. That was meant to be a Kickstarter perk only but they have changed that policy a few times to some backers chagrin. LTI is not a big deal BTW. It just means you don't have to mess with remembering to pay for it every month or whenever it expires. It won't cost as much as buying a new ship or anything. LTI gives no advantages over other players at all. Just like in real life you don't need insurance. It's just cheaper to do so if you plan on getting your ship destroyed. LTI in no way, shape or form equals PtW. So yes you are wrong about it being PtW, sorry.

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,408
    Originally posted by hfztt

No, LTI was suppose to be a kickstarter pledge bonus thing which was also available to early backers I believe but was canned with the claim it was a bonus for those that pledged early and had little value in game or out.

There was many a thread closed about LTI but Lol and Behold they are now selling "concept ships" with LTI. You can argue many ways about it's value or not but one fact remains,  those that do pay an exorbitant amount for these concept ship will never have to pay insurance in game on those ships.

if you buy the same ship in game you will have to pay for you insurance continuously. There will be no LTI available in game and they seem unwilling to offer it for sale for ships as an add on ....

@bartoni33

You will have to excuse me if I call BS when people say it will offer no advantage in game, it is a gold sink, those that have it will not have that gold sink to worry about ever on those ships.

What it comes down to is if it will have so little impact in game why not make it available to all?  Oh and well these concept ships with LTI  put the lie to the "it's a kick-starter perk" excuse.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470
    When this thing turns out to be the major disappointment it looks like its going to be, someone is seriously going to kill themselves for wasting so much money on it.  I'm not joking.  I'm predicting actual suicide.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• screecwescreecwe Member UncommonPosts: 127
    Originally posted by Ginaz
    When this thing turns out to be the major disappointment it looks like its going to be, someone is seriously going to kill themselves for wasting so much money on it.  I'm not joking.  I'm predicting actual suicide.

I find it amusing that people who aren't playing the game are predicting it will be a failure. Yet, the people that matter(the fans/backers) are playing it and loving it.

• rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502

Not so many people loving it.

Leaderboards show only 3.5% of AC eligible backers are playing. Pretty poor turnout tbh. Hopefully the bindings patch will help.

Originally posted by Asm0deus

@bartoni33

You will have to excuse me if I call BS when people say it will offer no advantage in game, it is a gold sink, those that have it will not have that gold sink to worry about ever on those ships.

What it comes down to is if it will have so little impact in game why not make it available to all?  Oh and well these concept ships with LTI  put the lie to the "it's a kick-starter perk" excuse.

In a "gold sink", which I HATE BTW, manner of speaking then yes LTI owners won't have that to worry about. In a PtW situation then no it isn't at all, which is what I was referring to. LTI does not equal Instant Win. I didn't get into this game until after the Kickstarter was over but they did offer for one week last year I think the ability to buy packages with LTI in them ,which I did. I can understand the anger that some KS backers felt over this. LTI was meant as a Thank You for backing us in the early days where not backing may have meant not getting a game at all. But as you said now LTI is just a bonus for buying ridiculously priced ships.

Again, all that being said, LTI does not equal P2W as I was pointing out to hfzzt.

• AzothAzoth Member UncommonPosts: 840
    Originally posted by rpmcmurphy

Leaderboards show only 3.5% of AC eligible backers are playing. Pretty poor turnout tbh. Hopefully the bindings patch will help.

I am a backer and I don't care at all for AC. I am in it to explore a universe, I will play when the game release in 2 or 3 years.

Originally posted by rpmcmurphy

I for one have not tried the MP part of the DM yet. I have played the SP Vanduul (or however it's spelled) Swarm part a few times. It's fun but not what I'm looking for in SC. I would say that's the issue with most backers. Though 3.5%, if that's even true, is lower than I would have thought.

EDIT: Well there ya go. The poster above me proved my point. I feel exactly the same way as him/her.

Originally posted by Asm0deus     @bartoni33 You will have to excuse me if I call BS when people say it will offer no advantage in game, it is a gold sink, those that have it will not have that gold sink to worry about ever on those ships. What it comes down to is if it will have so little impact in game why not make it available to all?  Oh and well these concept ships with LTI  put the lie to the "it's a kick-starter perk" excuse.

In a "gold sink", which I HATE BTW, manner of speaking then yes LTI owners won't have that to worry about. In a PtW situation then no it isn't at all, which is what I was referring to. LTI does not equal Instant Win. I didn't get into this game until after the Kickstarter was over but they did offer for one week last year I think the ability to buy packages with LTI in them ,which I did. I can understand the anger that some KS backers felt over this. LTI was meant as a Thank You for backing us in the early days where not backing may have meant not getting a game at all. But as you said now LTI is just a bonus for buying ridiculously priced ships. Again, all that being said, LTI does not equal P2W as I was pointing out to hfzzt.

Ah well if you meant that I also don't think it is p2w per-say but I do think it will offer a definite advantages in game. For example imagine a group of gankers with all with some of those LTI ships going on suicide ganking runs... and that is just one advantage it will provide that I can think of from the top of my head. I am sure some of the more evil criminal masterminds can come up with much better ideas using LTI.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430

If u want to spend the money, go for it.  However, it's a bit too expensive for me to throw at a game at this stage.  If I end up really enjoying it, and expect to play for some time, then maybe.  But I have no idea as to how long I will want to play at this stage.

I self identify as a monkey.

Originally posted by Asm0deus

Originally posted by Asm0deus     @bartoni33 You will have to excuse me if I call BS when people say it will offer no advantage in game, it is a gold sink, those that have it will not have that gold sink to worry about ever on those ships. What it comes down to is if it will have so little impact in game why not make it available to all?  Oh and well these concept ships with LTI  put the lie to the "it's a kick-starter perk" excuse.

In a "gold sink", which I HATE BTW, manner of speaking then yes LTI owners won't have that to worry about. In a PtW situation then no it isn't at all, which is what I was referring to. LTI does not equal Instant Win. I didn't get into this game until after the Kickstarter was over but they did offer for one week last year I think the ability to buy packages with LTI in them ,which I did. I can understand the anger that some KS backers felt over this. LTI was meant as a Thank You for backing us in the early days where not backing may have meant not getting a game at all. But as you said now LTI is just a bonus for buying ridiculously priced ships. Again, all that being said, LTI does not equal P2W as I was pointing out to hfzzt.

Ah well if you meant that I also don't think it is p2w per-say but I do think it will offer a definite advantages in game. For example imagine a group of gankers with all with some of those LTI ships going on suicide ganking runs... and that is just one advantage it will provide that I can think of from the top of my head. I am sure some of the more evil criminal masterminds can come up with much better ideas using LTI.

I honestly had never thought of that. Though I'm not sure if insurance covers any upgrades you have made like weapons or whatnot. I thought it was just the cost of the ship.

I'll admit that one less gold sink is a small advantage over those having to deal with them all, but I don't think it will be a big one in the long run. PvPrs will have it rough maybe, but people like me that just want to explore and trade and all that non-PvP crap should be OK.

• JowLiWonJowLiWon Member UncommonPosts: 18
    They have actully talked about this part. Sure you can go all suiced, lose your upgrades and get a new ship. How ever. You will have to wait as materials will be needed. The more pepole do it, the longer the wait more or less. 
  • mayito7777mayito7777 Member UncommonPosts: 768
    $350 buckaroos, what do you think am I? Some kind of Money tree? Heck no, I ain't paying didilee squat. Enough is enough. This is looking every day more like a scam than a game and you can give me another 5 days ban moderators. But this is the truth, this game seems more like vaporware than honestly a true game.

want 7 free days of playing? Try this

http://www.swtor.com/r/ZptVnY

• TheYear1500TheYear1500 Member UncommonPosts: 531
    Originally posted by screecwe
    Originally posted by Ginaz

I find it amusing that people who aren't playing the game are predicting it will be a failure. Yet, the people that matter(the fans/backers) are playing it and loving it.

lol just no.  

CIG's own numbers, go take a look at the leaderboard, show that only 16k people out of the 460k that have accesses have played the multiplayer.  Go to the SC forums and its a long list of complaint threads.  All talking about how the alpha is P2W, broken, or just flat out an arcade game with the chase the mouse control system that the game currently has.  

Oh and CR is giving gamepade and flightstick owners auto aim to make up for it.  lol

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Originally posted by mgilbrtsn

If u want to spend the money, go for it.  However, it's a bit too expensive for me to throw at a game at this stage.  If I end up really enjoying it, and expect to play for some time, then maybe.  But I have no idea as to how long I will want to play at this stage.

I must agree.  And during asking for $350 you could at least provide a one paragraph state of the game.  Has alpha started?  If not how far away are the projections.  I went to the sight (store) and saw those prices.  All I could think about were the developers looking at Porsche's.  I don't know those people...

My attitude is wait and see.  I'll decide after the game launches.  I'm sure they will still be coming out with all kinds of great ships even after launch.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

Originally posted by JowLiWon They have actully talked about this part. Sure you can go all suiced, lose your upgrades and get a new ship. How ever. You will have to wait as materials will be needed. The more pepole do it, the longer the wait more or less. 
    Perhaps but they also say new ship will be available as time goes on and some of these ship will become "old" if not obsolete, eventually you will have  other ships.

Also many have more than one ship, I can easily see people using these older LTI "base model" ships as a "lets get the whole guild" to suicide run some other "guild" we want to crush financially, especially if they do this by simply using ramming methods.

Mark my words, I am sure LTI ships will be THE SHIPS to use to grief players.

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465

Anyone that throws any more money at this thing, before a LOT more is actually delivered, is a huge sucker.

The only reason they'd be doing this (obviously) is to generate more cash.

$54 mil is not enough on a kickstarter?!? So, you plan to make an MMO, but can't financially manage a project?

Whatever trust and credibility that this company had, to make and deliver a viable/good MMO, is more or less gone at this point.

People showed them the money, now show the people the damn game (more than the "not much" people can actually fool around with).

• jacktorsjacktors Member UncommonPosts: 180

Wow,  this whole MMORPG genre is about vaporware and virtual assets.  Those who are bashing the guy for buying a virtual ship in Star Citizen are sounding very hypocritical.   By definition, every mmorpg you play is vaporware. But lets not kid ourselves, some of it is worth real money.  Heck, I sold three different Ultima Online accounts back in the day, for good money.  

Personally, I believe that Star Citizen will be a hit, and the $100.00 I invested in the game is well worth it. I got a nice ship with Lifetime insurance, and a bunch of other backer only goodies. .  And when this game goes live, (if it is a success), I will have a nice choice to either keep what I invested in, or hop on Ebay and sell my ship and lifetime insurance(which is only available to backers), for a nice profit. 

If you have such a problem with buying virtual air, then this website is not for you.  I guarantee that the people complaining on this forum post will be the same people bitching about not being able to have Lifetime insurance once the game goes live. I can't wait to see all of those posts here. 

• AzothAzoth Member UncommonPosts: 840
    Originally posted by Burntvet

Anyone that throws any more money at this thing, before a LOT more is actually delivered, is a huge sucker.

$54 mil is not enough on a kickstarter?!? So, you plan to make an MMO, but can't financially manage a project?

Whatever trust and credibility that this company had, to make and deliver a viable/good MMO, is more or less gone at this point.

People showed them the money, now show the people the damn game (more than the "not much" people can actually fool around with).

Master, in your infinite wisdom, could you give us the expected amount of money required for such a project ?

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    Originally posted by Azoth
    Originally posted by Burntvet

Master, in your infinite wisdom, could you give us the expected amount of money required for such a project ?

It is less about a specific number, and more about knowing how to run a project with a budget, which it is becoming painfully obvious that these people do not know how to do.

How many times have they come up with more ships to sell, without really delivering on most of the things they have promised so far? 10? 20? I don't even know.... That is going back to the well an awful lot.

And then the person in charge gets pissy with the press, when they start actually asking about the game?

This is the largest/richest KS effort of all time, and the expectations for it are high.

And yet, what has been delivered so far is not much at all, except for more ships and swag to get people to keep shoveling the cash flow. How much is enough?

Want reasonable people to fork over some cash? How about....

Make the damn game already! Or at least be honest about why you can't.....

Instead of the company saying: "Our cash burn rate is a lot high than we figured and we need some more cash flow to have a chance of getting this thing done...."

They say: "Buy this new shinny ship for $350 (rofl) because things are great with our splendiffereous game, everything is fine, nothing to worry about. We are just selling this because we think people will want it! (As opposed to us not having the cash flow to last beyond 3 more months.)

The lack of honesty here is telling, although somewhat understandable, because if they did tell the truth about the state of things, that they couldn't deliver the game despite the $54 mil in KS funding, no one would give them any more money, either.