Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New ship with LTI for sale Reclaimer , only 350$ !

Comments

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    Originally posted by Instigator-Jones
    Originally posted by motanila
    One of the last chances of getting a ship with LTI people, don;t miss it. Help to make the game !!

Hope you're not implying they need more money to make the game. 

More to the point; throwing that kind of scratch into this is reckless (IMO) at this point. Release the game and THEN offer this up. Maybe then I'll be tempted, until that point, they've got enough of my money.

after starting to develop an own language, they now decided to actually produce all those ships IRL.

so yea, quite a few million missing there, even tho they asked india to produce em for them :P

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• Varex12Varex12 Member CommonPosts: 357

LOL...another ship.  And there are dolts out there who will actually buy it.  

A fool and his money...

• motanilamotanila Member UncommonPosts: 152
    Originally posted by Varex12

A fool and his money...

I heard that the true game lovers  put like 2-3k in the game and some claimed 8k.

• Instigator-JonesInstigator-Jones Member UncommonPosts: 530
    Originally posted by DocBrody
    One of the last chances of getting a ship with LTI people, don;t miss it. Help to make the game !!

More to the point; throwing that kind of scratch into this is reckless (IMO) at this point. Release the game and THEN offer this up. Maybe then I'll be tempted, until that point, they've got enough of my money.

- it's a pledge and the Retaliator is the reward

-  to reach a real triple A budget they still need approximately 100 million $

- too expensive for you then get a 30$ basic pack and you're good to go. Every ship available in game for ingame credits on launch

Blue - more like a tithe; staunch supporters post like religious zealots.

Green - thats not even close to being a problem, mostly because I don't give out money haphazardly.

• Instigator-JonesInstigator-Jones Member UncommonPosts: 530

A fool and his money...

I heard that the true game lovers  put like 2-3k in the game and some claimed 8k.

ROFL! No, just no.

• AzothAzoth Member UncommonPosts: 840
    Originally posted by DocBrody

- it's a pledge and the Retaliator is the reward

-  to reach a real triple A budget they still need approximately 100 million $

- too expensive for you then get a 30$ basic pack and you're good to go. Every ship available in game for ingame credits on launch

Blue - more like a tithe; staunch supporters post like religious zealots.

Green - thats not even close to being a problem, mostly because I don't give out money haphazardly.

Tithe or pledge it's still a leap of faith. Whales have always been in games, you could make thousands a month in eq 15 years ago. Game developpers managed to find ways to grab that money for themselves, I am glad for them.

• Originally posted by motanila
    Originally posted by Varex12 LOL...another ship.  And there are dolts out there who will actually buy it.   A fool and his money...
    No, true game lovers bought games and played them.
  • Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

fanboyz still donate money to Cris Roberts ?  awesome 

• zimboy69zimboy69 Member UncommonPosts: 395

this ship costs the same as 3 years subs to any mmo

• KaladinKaladin Member Posts: 468

A fool and his money...

Who is the bigger sports fan?  The season ticket holder, or the guy in the nosebleeds?  You can't just blindly state that the person with more discretionary cash is a bigger fan.

Or was this an actual attempt at guilt tripping gamers into shelling out $350 for something they may or may not see?

Thank you for the laugh though!  But now I must go clean my monitor of coffee.

I can fly higher than an aeroplane.
    And I have the voice of a thousand hurricanes.
    Hurt - Wars

• KaladinKaladin Member Posts: 468

A fool and his money...

A comment like this from someone who is, presumably, involved with the development of the game, makes me want to tell my gaming friends to NOT touch this game in any way shape or form.  So you're basically saying that anybody who likes video games should be giving thousands of dollars to products that have not launched yet.

Like somebody else mentioned, if somebody spends 2-8k to help fund a video game, they should be expecting to buy ownership into the company, not a few pixels.  This is borderline offensive to suggest that we should all be giving you thousands of dollars because we love games, and will therefore love Star Citizen.

I can fly higher than an aeroplane.
    And I have the voice of a thousand hurricanes.
    Hurt - Wars

• LazyDazedLazyDazed Member UncommonPosts: 166

Is it beyond people to understand that some people have enough disposable income that $350 really isn't anything? A weekend golfing costs more than just about all the ships, a meal or a couple meals at a nice restaurant would easily cover the cost of any of the ships. Many people have hobbies or interests that are far more expensive than what we are now paying for with Star Citizen. I never hear people QQ'ing and getting all crazed over the cost to take your family to see a professional sports game, including memorabilia + food + drinks + parking, that is a few hundred dollars easy. 

We are not buying ships as some of you may believe, we are developing a game that we want. CR and his team have a vision that many people share and many people are willing to give in order to see that vision come to fruition. 

As someone else has stated, none of you have to spend a dime, we will foot the bill so you can play a kickass game.

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699
    Any word on when they'll be an actual game for all these expensive goodies?

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• lugallugal Member UncommonPosts: 671
    Lazydazed, just becuz you do not see or hear people complain about the costs of things does not mean nobody complains. All it means is you are either not being truthful or you are simply out of the loop.
    As a consumer, not just a gamer, when a market sees that there are those who are willing to pay more for a product than before, they will usually raise prices. Example: gas prices go up due to many factors, but let us dwell on cost per barrel. Barrel cost goes up, gas prices go up. Over time, this becomes the new normal. Like high unemployemnt rates. Retailors have no need to lower prices since demand has not gone down.
    If gamers didn't pay thousands of dollars for virtual items, developers would never be able to sell them at those prices. All it takes is a few to move the curve higher.

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    The reviewer has a mishapen head
    Which means his opinion is skewed
    ...Aldous.MF'n.Huxley

• mayito7777mayito7777 Member UncommonPosts: 768
    Only $350? I am just going to call my uncle Santa and buy me 12 of them, one for each month, piece of cake.

want 7 free days of playing? Try this

http://www.swtor.com/r/ZptVnY

• hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401
    Originally posted by grndzro

It's a bonus as a pledge. Insurance will be available in game.

Or do you honestly think it's stupid to reward people that pledge? That'l get the game funded....dont give them anything.

With AAA titles costing 200mil I find it pretty stupid people would be criticising RSI for making money.

LTI will be incredibly powerfull. I dont want everyone having it. There needs to be an incentive for the normal population to stay alive.

So... its pay2win? I thought that was a bad thing...

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640
    Show me a game then you can sell me more ships
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,389

While I am a fan of the game, I even bought an avenger when they were part of a package, the new concept ships which will have LTI seem to target more the deep pocket whales than the average joe like myself.

Not sure how I feel now that they seem to be like "bah you cant spend more than 100-200$ on a ship we got no LTI ship for you or any new ones for that matter....

Would be cool if they stopped being retarded and offered a stand alone LTI purchase option for all the ships available, they can't really claim it was "worthless perk" for kick starter backers anymore....

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• nbtscannbtscan Member UncommonPosts: 862
    Is there actually a game in development or are they just selling digital models of ships?
  • bloodbonebloodbone Member Posts: 142
    Originally posted by Kuinn
    Originally posted by rojoArcueid
    Originally posted by Kuinn
    Originally posted by Axxar

Jesus that's crazy expensive. You can get 6 AAA games for that amount of money.

Pretty cheap for a star ship, I'd expect them to cost millions if not billions, but mere 350$

in case you didnt know, its an in game mount, not a real life prototype ship.

Oh, my bad, I thought they are going to ship me a real space ship I can fly to another solar system :( Thought finally I can go see some more interesting corners of the galaxy but no, damn Roberts, had I known this everytime I called someone a troll when they bashed Roberts "SPACE INDUSTRIES" - Cant even trust the internets these days...

Only on page 2 of this thread but in case no one mentioned it yet, the above comment had me burst out laughing at work, good job sir.

• bloodbonebloodbone Member Posts: 142

A fool and his money...

ROFL! No, just no.

I can't help but think South Park had this project in the back of there minds when they made fun of kickstarter on there season opener.

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926
    Originally posted by nbtscan
    Is there actually a game in development or are they just selling digital models of ships?

bingo, there is no game in development, they are just selling digital models of ships and you just blew their cover!

May I also add, you are particularly funny smart and original.

+100

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829

Give it a month and they'll release a $500 ship.

Start saving. ;-)

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044

Am I the only person watching this thread that is actually a backer? I guess I'll have to chime in:

First, yes their is an actual game that can be played right now. It's called the Dogfighting Module, module because it is one part of the whole game to be released. Their is single and multiplayer parts of it to be played right now.

Second, this new ship is a backer-voted strech goal from a few months ago. Their will be a few more coming in the next few months I'm sure. This game will need many different types of ships to make it feel like a real universe. Can you imagine only having 3-4 different types of ships? I can't.

Thirdly, any ship that can be bought for real money can be earned in-game. So no pay-to-win there.

Forthlyimage, I agree that the ship prices are ridiculous . But if I can buy them in-game for in-game credits then so what if Joe Trustfund spends X amount of dollars on digital items? A fool and his money for sure, but not hurting my time in-game.

Fithlyimage, and most importantly, WE NEED WHALES! I want stupid people with more money than sense paying my way to help make this game as good as has been promised. I've spent about $150 total I think in this game so far, bought the cheapest ship (Aurora LX-LTI) plus some other crap and I do not plan to spend another dime until launch of at least Squadron 42 (SP game that released before the Persistent Universe). So hurray to all the folks that have money to burn, burn it on SC!

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• nbtscannbtscan Member UncommonPosts: 862
    Originally posted by bartoni33

Fithlyimage, and most importantly, WE NEED WHALES! I want stupid people with more money than sense paying my way to help make this game as good as has been promised. I've spent about $150 total I think in this game so far, bought the cheapest ship (Aurora LX-LTI) plus some other crap and I do not plan to spend another dime until launch of at least Squadron 42 (SP game that released before the Persistent Universe). So hurray to all the folks that have money to burn, burn it on SC!

And what kind of advantage does said whales have over the plebs that have to earn their stuff the old fashioned way?