Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WildStar: New State of the Game Addresses Player Concerns

2»

Comments

• fearufearu Member UncommonPosts: 288
    I was going to type out a long comment but then realized despite being an avid MMO player and end-game raider this particular MMO holds no appeal what-so-ever to me.
  • JeminaiJeminai Member UncommonPosts: 151
    so I'd suggest if you wanna make a WoW clone (and it is), you better dumb it down for the kids.
    I'm not gonna say it's a flop but I think it's safe to say it failed to live up to the hype.
    considering being force fed the hype.
  • JorendoJorendo Member UncommonPosts: 275
    Originally posted by Bigdaddyx
    Originally posted by Rusque

And you were using anecdotal evidence to counter his generalization. Good job both of you. Great thread.

Then please enlighten me the correct way to approach generalisations? 

He used ADHD crowd as a reason for saying 'too little too late'. I simply reminded him that there is large portion of people who quit due to the so called hardcore end game. And not because they suffered from ADHD.

Not to be that guy, but euhm.....you could have known this. There is a lot that can be said about Wildstar and not reaching the expectations. However they been clear from the start that they wanted Wildstar to be a more hardcore raid experience again. So to complain about the end game being to hardcore is like blaming FIFA for being a football/soccer (depends where you are from....ITS FOOTBALL THOUGH!) game. You could have known this if you did some investigation about what the game was gonna be like.

For me the game was just to boring at the start. Sure it might get better later on. But when i have to spend many many maaaany levels just in the start area that isn't all that interesting and people not being there anymore so you can't even do group things....then i move on again. I also found the combat awkward as i just couldn't get used to realtime battle with the numberkey's as action buttons.

• JorendoJorendo Member UncommonPosts: 275
    Originally posted by Lyram
    Is there larger trouble, in general, for NC Soft West? There have been no updates for a U.S. release of Blade and Soul in a long time. Guild Wars 2 seems to be neglected, no plans for expansion, WvW design issues and lack of developer interest, fading community interaction and information. It's reminding me of Mythic all over again.

Cause euhm...Guild Wars 2 wouldn't get any expansions as the devs said. They adjust the main world every now and then. Recently they done a huge update on it, having some area's being destroyed and such. They keep updating the game on a regular base though no idea where you get the idea from that they aren't doing anything.

• zeuseasonzeuseason Member UncommonPosts: 69

This game needs more casual-ness to recoup the player base.  Much like some of the posts above, I'm a player that doesn't have the time to put in every week to raid and 'prepare to raid' so end game for a player like me meant boring.  And that's what happened.  Give 'casuals' something to do instead of sticking to your guns of 'hardcore vanilla wow'.  That's the deathbed of this game.

I never got into a guild that ran dungeons well enough to learn them and I've been jaded by WoW's random LFG or LFR in that I enjoy experiencing the game's content with out all the rage quit on the first boss of some normal instance.  No one in their right mind would LFG randoms for dungeons in this game.

Also, the travel system was poor motivating me less to actually go explore or do dailies.

• DarkkhelmetDarkkhelmet Member UncommonPosts: 3
    For me it's simple.  If it's broken fix it.  If it's not broken enhance it.  There is so much broken in the game that needs to be fixed that new features are not attractive. Basically WS is just WoW in silly space with some enhancements. Fundamentally if you like WoW you'll probably like WS for as long as the newness lasts.  I will continue to play WS until Warlords is released though I was hoping to find a replacement for WoW.  WS does not seem to be that replacement.

• DarkkhelmetDarkkhelmet Member UncommonPosts: 3
    For me it's simple.  If it's broken fix it.  If it's not broken enhance it.  There is so much broken in the game that needs to be fixed that new features are not attractive. Basically WS is just WoW in silly space with some enhancements. Fundamentally if you like WoW you'll probably like WS for as long as the newness lasts.  I will continue to play WS until Warlords is released though I was hoping to find a replacement for WoW.  WS does not seem to be that replacement.

• CrazyhorsekCrazyhorsek Member UncommonPosts: 272
    And I thought Warhammer Online was fast to die... Wildstar broke a record!

• KaladinKaladin Member Posts: 468
    Originally posted by Crazyhorsek

When did Wildstar die?

I can fly higher than an aeroplane.
    And I have the voice of a thousand hurricanes.
    Hurt - Wars

• V_i_OV_i_O Member UncommonPosts: 55
    Originally posted by Crazyhorsek

sup with the rumours ? have any official statement that the game is dead ???and if it is, why is it still until now subscription fee game with initial payment of 60$ and not free to play ???