Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WARNING--how I got banned last night...

2»

Comments

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    Originally posted by Callidor
    [mod edit]

Happens everytime someone gets banned in any MMO. Typical responses.

As if a company can never ban a player by mistake.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by Bigdaddyx
    Originally posted by Callidor
    [mod edit]

Happens everytime someone gets banned in any MMO. Typical responses.

According to these overzealous fans 'company' can never mistakes or do anything wrong.

this^

i remember a bunch of people getting mistakenly caught in the crossfire when ANET sent massive ban waves for botting at GW2 launch. OP probably got caught in a crossfire here too. Only by talking to Trion will he be able to solve this. Game companies are run by humans, humans make mistakes, human solve mistakes.

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

Well if you (the OP)did not do anything weird the most likley reason is that your name was similar to the real perp they where looking for and you got banned instead.

Mail support and ask them before your farms go up for grabs.

Good luck.

This have been a good conversation

• NobleNerdNobleNerd Member UncommonPosts: 759
    Originally posted by Raquis
    games just don't ban you for anything and if you made a new account they will just say you already have an account if its an issue,maybe they made a mistake or you did-hope you get help if you want to play the game late game does not look bad from videos I have seen but I am still not that interested in this game.

This is untrue. Recently there has been at least 2-3 MMOs I can think of that accidentally banned regular players and ended up apologizing and activating their accounts again. 

That said I do believe there is another factor in this story.

• Kamandi777Kamandi777 Member UncommonPosts: 223
    Never been banned before so this is kind of new to me. I made this post as a warning that making a second account MIGHT get you banned. But as I read the responses Mw getting banned could be for getting reported by griefers (my GM has made enemies) BUT the fact that I was INSTA server booted by a GM (what the system message said) leads me to believe the ban is related to second account. As soon as triton emails me I will post that email. As for the trolls calling me a liar, lulz.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Originally posted by ArcheAge2014

OP probably is botting on mutiple accounts, trion worlds is famous to deal bans to bots instantly.

this happens in rift game too, trion deal with bots swiftly with zero tolerance. Thats why its hard to bot in rift.

trion will catch you and deal with bots and its linked accounts.

Famous??

So they have hundreds of gm's scanning the entire game for bots?

I doubt they have more than a few people on the staff to look after complaints and i very highly doubt they are actively looking,imo they ONLY react to complaints,the same as every other game.

I have no idea what is actually going on and nobody else does either so i did a bit of checking.

It seems since launching Glyph they have an added security system that flags anyone not login from the same IP address.I like the idea personally but it would need to expand to sub nets of that Ip and not just one actual ip,example login from two different pc's would have two different address even though on the same network.

I have been gaming forever and followed closely cheating and what goes on from developers and players alike,i have two thoughts on this.

1 Either Glyph security system has a flaw or...

2 When visiting that site to read up on whatever,you could have had a keylogger loaded and someone played that account overnight and did something illegal.Perhaps it just coincided with taking awhile for Trion to act so they banned the account around the same time you tried to play.

I did get an account ban in Wow in a crazy fast amount of  time,imo almost impossible but yet it happened.As soon as i went to bed ,someone logged in and got my account banned.I awoke about 5 hours later to find this out thinking it was a fake email but it was not.

The ONLY thing that really baffles me is that you go  no email,that makes no sense at all,so that is why i lean towards the automatic flagging system by Glyph or a real lazy GM that just banned and did not send an email.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

OP, do you have an authenticator enabled on your accounts?

If not, then there was a chance your account got hacked and used for gold spamming. Hence, the ban.

Yesterday, when I logged in , I have blocked several gold spammers with legit character names. Most likely hacked accounts.

• Starbuck1771Starbuck1771 Member UncommonPosts: 375
    Originally posted by Pepeq

Originally posted by Starbuck1771

Originally posted by sketocafe 1. You're allowed to have multiple accounts 2. You claim to have been banned for having multiple accounts 3. This does not add up
    Yeah I know he is a liar because I have three accounts and not just for AA but also Rift and Defiance. The OP is just trying to cause trouble.

It's just a clever ploy to convince people to only have one account so that he can get in game sooner, have a chance at a plot of land, or create a character on a race locked server (at which I think there are none, but there have been locks).

There currently are locks on some of the EU servers.

• Starbuck1771Starbuck1771 Member UncommonPosts: 375
    Originally posted by tawess

Well if you (the OP)did not do anything weird the most likley reason is that your name was similar to the real perp they where looking for and you got banned instead.

Mail support and ask them before your farms go up for grabs.

Good luck.

its quicker if you wait in live chat monday.

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935

OP -

I'd also suggest sending a PM to Scapes on Reddit.  Otherwise, all you can do is wait. 

It also startles me how a simple question asked from a member becomes an automatic attack on his character from many here.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by grimal

OP -

I'd also suggest sending a PM to Scapes on Reddit.  Otherwise, all you can do is wait. 

It also startles me how a simple question asked from a member becomes an automatic attack on his character from many here.

Nothing new here. This site is full of trolls.

• OnsabooOnsaboo Member Posts: 48

OP -

Scapes is the Community Manager not Customer Support!

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964
    Originally posted by Kamandi777
    Also all I do in the game is quest mine and plant cut trees I did do sm once but other than that the ONLY thing I have done differently is making that second account

Maybe your account was compromised or someone reported you for some odd reason?

• Tyvolus4Tyvolus4 Member UncommonPosts: 192

OP -

Its nothing personal im sure...I can see why its happening tho, his story is just a bit off...either way, he needs to settle it with TRION...I too have been playing MMOs since 1999, and I have never had an account banned, then again, I never do anything against TOS.