Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Turns Out, They're Shady :(

PhelimReaghPhelimReagh Member UncommonPosts: 682

I enjoyed playin this game, so I thought I'd throw a few bucks their way and bought some in-game currency.

I went ahead and bought some package that contained like 10 items. I only received 1 out of 10. So I went to searching to find out how to fix the problem.

No in-game method was found for ANY sort of contact with the developers/company.

Website had a link for forums and Customer Support. Both links were dead.

Went to the Contact page, sent emails to a couple of the more relevant email addresses, and the emails came back with the old "Mailer Daemon, No Receipient Found".

So in essence, there is absolutely no way to try to fix an issue with using your real life money. That, my friends, is shady. I had a special place in my heart for SevenCore because I think it's quite fun to play. Nothing worse than the marketing team screwing a game over.

So if you're going to play, be sure to not put real life cash into the game. You'll have fun, I think, but don't risk losing your money.

Comments

• Drunk-fuDrunk-fu Member UncommonPosts: 133

Uhm, where did you buy ingame currency? Because as it seems, their shop isn't available yet.

That aside, not just shop, but everything else seem to be dead on their site.

Perhaps they didn't manage to put everything in place since the tookover?

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Which company tried to revive this failure of a game after gpotato/zen/whatever they call themselves now dropped it like a few months after its obt.
  • PhelimReaghPhelimReagh Member UncommonPosts: 682

Originally posted by Drunk-fu
    Uhm, where did you buy ingame currency? Because as it seems, their shop isn't available yet. That aside, not just shop, but everything else seem to be dead on their site. Perhaps they didn't manage to put everything in place since the tookover?
    In your Account Management section you can buy points, whatever they were called, and then there's a shop in-game. But yeah, the site is a maze of dead links. It has been almost a year since they broke away from gPotato. So they really don't have an excuse about stuff being "lost in transition".

Originally posted by Albatroes Which company tried to revive this failure of a game after gpotato/zen/whatever they call themselves now dropped it like a few months after its obt.

The original developers (Ignited Games) tried to to publish it after gPotato dropped it. After maybe 6 months to a year, IGN folded and they re-named themselves something like "Route Entertainment". Between the two transitions, the website got shot to hell and there doesn't seem to be anybody working at the "Route Entertainment" place.

I will re-iterate, though, that I found the game fun. They just, sadly, shat the bed when it came to monetization. I don't mind spending cash on a game if I like it, but more importantly, if I see VALUE in what is being offered. $10 for a temporary, 30-Day increase in inventory or bank storage slots has basically zero value to me. The rest of the cash shop was much like that. Buying temporary enhancements of one sort or another for prices that the games I prefer to play would charge for permanent, account-wide equivalent (I saw a "special package" or something that had many items included for one reasonable price, so that was why I gave them my money. Turned out it only gave me one of the dozen or so listed items. Later on I discovered a "caveat" ON THE MOUSEOVER OF THE ITEM that says you only get one, even though the item description said 'package includes' and listed 8-12 items).

Sadly, however, either they don't get how to create a cash shop that appeals to Americans, or they're just kinda shady, a la gPotato. I had hoped the reasons they tried to keep it going on their own was they learned how NOT to do a cash shop in the US from gPotato's failure. I have to think, based on my experience, they found gPotato to in fact be too consumer friendly o.O