Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I kinda like Archeage so far. (heres a noobs take on it)

GrimmxGrimmx Member UncommonPosts: 189

Lots of negativity here so ill give you my 2 cents.

Ive had a massive MMORPG burnout for a long time now, and ive played them all.

In Archeage im lvl 36 atm, still having fun just exploring the game as A NOOB.

Im crafting, farming, exploring, questing, sailing boat, exploring the bottom of the sea and the inland zones. Im doing traderuns, daylies, a "few" dungeons and guild trade runs.

I still feel like a newb after a weeks play.

I have a cottage and a "large" scarecrow farm, a clipper (small sailboat), horse, "dog/wolf" and glider.

I have limited playing time because of full RL job and family, but im still leveling at a good pace.

Yesterday i had enough money to raise aprox 35-40 pigs on my large scarecrow farm and i got 1/3 of a lvl just butchering them. Which was a nice way for me to get some extra xp. And i earned a decent ammount of cash. That said i hated the fact that i used about 700 labor on it.

My take on it so far is that im not sure if its a winner or not, but thats ok, because im still looking forward to playing more...and that means something in todays MMO's.

Pros:

- It has pvp now, and even more guild pvp on the horizon when the North continent opens up.

- It has diversity, so no need to do only one thing to get xp. If i lvl my crafting, my COMBAT SKILLS get xp. 

- I find som of the crafts refreshing and kinda funny...

- Lots of room on both opened continents for things to come. That means more zones etc...

- EvE Economy sort of thing. And i hate beeing a spaceship.

- Its has alot to do besides pvp. And i like doing pvp, but not only pvp.

- Best game out there atm.

Cons:

- I turned off "nation" and "allies" chat day 2. To much kids and m0rons. But im ok with guild, yell, whisper, say etc...no biggie.

- Economy could implode someday. That said ill never be that rich anyway with my limited playing time, so i dont worry about it.

- Labor points are kinda annoying. Ive made myself a rule not using more than 20 Euro a month (with sub) because ive gamed for 20 years and subscription hasnt raised much in that time. And i can afford it. It will never be pay to win as i see it, just pay to get there faster. And im in no hurry.

I could use money to get that tatched farmhouse...but that would just annoy me more than i like to admit, so i wont do it.:)

- I hate eastern anime looks. Why cant i make a hairy viking ffs?.

- I only have time to post this because server has issues tonight. (wich could be a good thing i guess)

--------------------------

All in all im enjoying my stay so far. Ive never had any technical difficulties and i pay sub (patron) to avoid sitting in lobby waiting to get IG..

Next im going IG to see if my 20 Cows have matured so i can milk them for some milk to sell on AH. Jesus...and i used to be a hardcore ffa pvper... :)

I recommend it to people that are bored. Worst thing that can happen is that you get stomped by an oldtimer like me and ragequit the game. :)

Comments

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Don't worry about the negativity, it is what you get when thousands of people that know they won't like your game try your game. Many just play it simply because they want to gripe.

Nice post, I am glad that you are strong enough to like what you like without letting easy negativity drag you down into misery :)

• Tyvolus4Tyvolus4 Member UncommonPosts: 192
    Originally posted by Vesavius

Don't worry about the negativity, it is what you get when thousands of people that know they won't like your game try your game. Many just play it simply because they want to gripe.

Nice post, I am glad that you are strong enough to like what you like without letting easy negativity drag you down into misery :)

yep, game is F2P, definitely don't need to worry about what anyone has to say, when all you got to do is download and see yourself. 

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Originally posted by Tyvolus4
    Originally posted by Vesavius

yep, game is F2P, definitely don't need to worry about what anyone has to say, when all you got to do is download and see yourself. 

Well, that is true. :)