Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Some "inside" info about what Titan was.

etlaretlar Member UncommonPosts: 855

A Journalist talked to several blizzard employees after the cancellation of titan, some interesting stuff, but i think i can see why it got cancelled :)

Here is a link to the article:

http://kotaku.com/heres-what-blizzards-titan-actually-was-1638632121

Comments

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Interesting, i wonder how much of it is true, but tbh, it does sound like it might be. It also sounds like it would be a lot more fun than Destiny was, that Blizzard seems to have abandoned it so completely is surprising, on the one hand, Blizzard can be commended for striving to such high ideals, but on the other, it does sound as though they were afraid to take a chance on it, and thats not so good, because without that kind of risk, we probably wouldn't have had WoW in the first place.image
  • MumboJumboMumboJumbo Member UncommonPosts: 3,219
    Originally posted by Phry
    Interesting, i wonder how much of it is true, but tbh, it does sound like it might be. It also sounds like it would be a lot more fun than Destiny was, that Blizzard seems to have abandoned it so completely is surprising, on the one hand, Blizzard can be commended for striving to such high ideals, but on the other, it does sound as though they were afraid to take a chance on it, and thats not so good, because without that kind of risk, we probably wouldn't have had WoW in the first place.image

It sounds like it was a bunch of technologies and R&D atst as part of that being MMO- orientated. Given Blizzard earn so much and have strong brands, they are one and only (?) company able to terminate such internal projects and that always seemed likely as per CCP's WOD always seemed likely with the lack of a core game concept coalescing as per increasing time of development and lack of noises of optimism leaking out.

Honestly I think Bliz should have come out with Star Citizen concept. Boggles my mind they did not, albeit less simulation and more gamey flight of spaceships. Could have aped WH40K just as WOW aped WH? Then evidently with Destiny and EQN and SC I'm guessing whatever Titan was was very inferior in any of those directions?

• etlaretlar Member UncommonPosts: 855
    Originally posted by Forgrimm
    Already been posted: http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/421462/Titan-was-a-Near-Future-SciFi-MMO-Leaked-by-EX-Blizzard-Employees.html

Hadnt noticed, my apologies then :)

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    Yep, already posted. Locking this one.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.