Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SWTOR update 3.0 (New Expansion) - Shadow of Revan ????

Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686

Bruce Maclean  - Senior Producer in Bioware resonced today in the thread on Forum that:

We have been holding back 3.0 details because <> . But now that Forged Alliances is out there with this morning's launch of 2.10 we're letting folks have a little time with Rakata Prime and then spilling the beans on 3.0. Look for a teaser within a week, and then a full announce before the end of month!

Now that is exciting news. I can't wait... Tease me BioWare!!!!!!!!

Source:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=763191&page=4

Dulfy also got it

http://dulfy.net/2014/09/09/swtor-patch-3-0-announcement-announcement/

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

Comments

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829

Yep, I just read that one on the official forums too. Definitely made my day!

And now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to try the new flashpoint! (Rakata Prime) :D

Been looking forward to that all day!

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686

Also: Patch 2.10 was released today:

New Flashpoint: Legacy of the Rakata! The Forged Alliances storyline culminates on the remote, tropical world of Rakata Prime in this thrilling Level 55 Tactical Flashpoint.

Bounty Contract Week Returns! Hunt wanted criminals in this returning event. The event begins September 9th at 05:00 PDT/12:00 GMT and ends September 16th at 05:00 PDT/12:00 GMT

Welcome to Ranked Warzone Arena Season 3! Join the brutality in the Ranked Warzone Arena queue as we begin our third season of carnage. The Leaderboards have been updated for Season 3, and the Season 2 results have been archived.

Some class changes are also in place. For full patch notes refer to:

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

I have to say the final part of Forged Alliances was pretty cool. It went about as I expected it to go.

Makes me look forward to 3.0! image

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

• DashiDMVDashiDMV Member Posts: 362
    May the cash grabs be with you.
  • nice. i am really curious to see what we get
  • ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933
    Originally posted by DashiDMV

Yes.. Yes.. channel your hate. Let your passion and emotions make you stronger apprentice. 

• RavingRabbidRavingRabbid Member UncommonPosts: 1,168
    Looking forward to 3.0! Can't wait. 

All my opinions are just that..opinions. If you like my opinions..coolness.If you dont like my opinion....I really dont care.
    Playing: ESO, WOT, Smite, and Marvel Heroes

• ImpacthoundImpacthound Member UncommonPosts: 367

I chuckled a bit. That one cartel pack that had even the forum regulars disgusted with the unannounced collections unlock price-hike is still fresh in my memory.

Originally posted by Impacthound

I chuckled a bit. That one cartel pack that had even the forum regulars disgusted with the unannounced collections unlock price-hike is still fresh in my memory.

The ones that were only available during the summer months?

Originally posted by Azaron_Nightblade

I think they cut it to 2 weeks. The first pack had the outrageous hike in the collections tab, and I thought the outrage was so bad they scaled it back on the following 3-week pack.

I'm glad the community reacted they way they did on that issue. Even Reno who's usually a buttkisser got upset.

I think they cut it to 2 weeks. The first pack had the outrageous hike in the collections tab, and I thought the outrage was so bad they scaled it back on the following 3-week pack.

I'm glad the community reacted they way they did on that issue. Even Reno who's usually a buttkisser got upset.

LOL! Sounds like it must've been hilarious.

I've missed most of it due being distracted with other games for those first couple of weeks, I only saw some of the aftermath and a Musco post about it. 

• sounds like we may be getting the teaser tomorrow

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=7674131#edit7674131

Hello everyone!

We will have a special Twitch stream tomorrow with Lead Writer Charles Boyd taking on Rakata Prime and then teasing something else (I have no idea what! ) after the Flashpoint.

Time: 8:00am PDT
    Link: SWTOR Twitch Channel

Hope to see y'all there!

Originally posted by gaou

sounds like we may be getting the teaser tomorrow

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=7674131#edit7674131

Hello everyone!

We will have a special Twitch stream tomorrow with Lead Writer Charles Boyd taking on Rakata Prime and then teasing something else (I have no idea what! ) after the Flashpoint.

Time: 8:00am PDT
    Link: SWTOR Twitch Channel

Hope to see y'all there!

I'll have to catch it once I get home.

Hopefully it'll be something good. image

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926

that was not a teaser. I want to see the planet and the flying mounts and the day night cycles!

And the HD texture makeover and appearance tab!

And of course the 400% speeders and open world racing I'm most excited about.

The 3 new 1-35 planets sound awesome for alts as well as every planet getting a max lvl zone.

Seamless travel PvEvP space sim with cockpits and joystick support is a nice addition too.

• TheAmazingDwarfTheAmazingDwarf Member UncommonPosts: 234
    Originally posted by DocBrody

that was not a teaser. I want to see the planet and the flying mounts and the day night cycles!

The 3 new 1-35 planets sound awesome for alts as well as every planet getting a max lvl zone.

Seamless travel PvEvP space sim with cockpits and joystick support is a nice addition too.

Have those things been announced or are they your wishes?

My FFXIV ARR referral code for new EU accounts: 5JPF7ZQ3
    Step into the amazing world of Eorzea! Use this reference code on a new account and we'll both get goodies for it!

Originally posted by DwarfZZZ

They are very much things from the realms of his wishlist.  :P

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926
    Originally posted by DwarfZZZ

They are very much things from the realms of his wishlist.  :P

of course this is just my wishlist.

Unless they promote me to game director, I'd make it happen, ha ha

so back on topic where is the expansion info ? I keep refreshing their site, nothing :-(

• ArchlyteArchlyte Member RarePosts: 1,405
    lol what could it possibly be. Man getting excited about an update to SWTOR like this would be like dropping a ball and wondering which direction it will move. I'm thinking this would be a good time to not get too excited folks.
    MMORPG players are often like Hobbits: They don't like Adventures
  • Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686

so back on topic where is the expansion info ? I keep refreshing their site, nothing :-(

Apply for a job!!!!!!! It's interesting that they require candidates to choose something you feel is an issue in SW:ToR. Describe the issue and why you believe it is a problem, propose a solution for it, and explain why your solution solves the issue.

Go get it!!!!!!!

BioWare Austin Designer

Req. Number: 40901
    Location Information: Austin, TX

DESIGNER

BioWare Austin creates critically acclaimed, award winning online games enjoyed by millions of players around the world. We are driven by a singular goal: to combine the most engaging competitive multiplayer experiences with deep BioWare storytelling, crafting unforgettable adventures that players won’t find anywhere else. Our dedicated development team is constantly adding exciting new content to Star Wars®: The Old Republic™ (SWTOR), one of the most successful massively multiplayer online games (MMO) in the world. In 2015 we launch the next generation of online games with Shadow Realms, an asymmetric 4v1 action RPG—and BioWare’s first new story IP since Mass Effect. We’re also hard at work on several more top-secret projects. There has never been a better time to join the BioWare Austin team. If you’re passionate about making the best multiplayer online games where story matters, we want to hear from you!

We are seeking a qualified Designer to join our development team on Star Wars: The Old Republic. This position requires strong technical and creative capabilities, as well as an understanding of RPGs and Free-to-Play games. The key area of responsibility will be creating content to supply the various systems in the game. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with a seasoned team of game industry veterans and keep the design true to the pillars of the game.

Key Responsibilities

• Implementing various design elements into the game.
    • Develops and creates fun gameplay and systems that are aligned with the and overall game design.
    • Polishes, debugs, tunes and presents gameplay in a manner that excites and entices people to play.
    • Designs, prototypes, balances and directs the testing of game systems such as PvP, Combat, and Class Balance.
    • Participates in creating and implementing new content for a multi-tiered Free-to-Play/Premium player base.
    • Creates and maintains documentation of systems.
    • Keeps abreast of designs, techniques and trends in the industry.

Requirements

• Extensive and continued playing experience with Star Wars: The Old Republic
    • Ability to constructively critique design and offer solutions to problems
    • Understanding of the Free-to-Play Model as it pertains to MMOs and their audience
    • Excellent documentation skills and proficiency with Office Tools (Microsoft Word, Excel)
    • Strong verbal and written communication skills

Recommended Experience

• Previous Game Development Experience
    • Passion for BioWare games, story-driven PC RPGs, and/or pen & paper games
    • Agile development experience
    Required Test
    • Choose something you feel is an issue in SW:ToR. Describe the issue and why you believe it is a problem, propose a solution for it, and explain why your solution solves the issue.

Originally posted by Archlyte
    lol what could it possibly be. Man getting excited about an update to SWTOR like this would be like dropping a ball and wondering which direction it will move. I'm thinking this would be a good time to not get too excited folks.

That's actually pretty sound advice for every MMO in existence. (And all too often for single player games too)

Originally posted by Sevenstar61

Apply for a job!!!!!!! It's interesting that they require candidates to choose something you feel is an issue in SW:ToR. Describe the issue and why you believe it is a problem, propose a solution for it, and explain why your solution solves the issue.

Go get it!!!!!!!

BioWare Austin Designer

Req. Number: 40901
    Location Information: Austin, TX

DESIGNER

BioWare Austin creates critically acclaimed, award winning online games enjoyed by millions of players around the world. We are driven by a singular goal: to combine the most engaging competitive multiplayer experiences with deep BioWare storytelling, crafting unforgettable adventures that players won’t find anywhere else. Our dedicated development team is constantly adding exciting new content to Star Wars®: The Old Republic™ (SWTOR), one of the most successful massively multiplayer online games (MMO) in the world. In 2015 we launch the next generation of online games with Shadow Realms, an asymmetric 4v1 action RPG—and BioWare’s first new story IP since Mass Effect. We’re also hard at work on several more top-secret projects. There has never been a better time to join the BioWare Austin team. If you’re passionate about making the best multiplayer online games where story matters, we want to hear from you!

We are seeking a qualified Designer to join our development team on Star Wars: The Old Republic. This position requires strong technical and creative capabilities, as well as an understanding of RPGs and Free-to-Play games. The key area of responsibility will be creating content to supply the various systems in the game. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with a seasoned team of game industry veterans and keep the design true to the pillars of the game.

Key Responsibilities

• Implementing various design elements into the game.
    • Develops and creates fun gameplay and systems that are aligned with the and overall game design.
    • Polishes, debugs, tunes and presents gameplay in a manner that excites and entices people to play.
    • Designs, prototypes, balances and directs the testing of game systems such as PvP, Combat, and Class Balance.
    • Participates in creating and implementing new content for a multi-tiered Free-to-Play/Premium player base.
    • Creates and maintains documentation of systems.
    • Keeps abreast of designs, techniques and trends in the industry.

Requirements

• Extensive and continued playing experience with Star Wars: The Old Republic
    • Ability to constructively critique design and offer solutions to problems
    • Understanding of the Free-to-Play Model as it pertains to MMOs and their audience
    • Excellent documentation skills and proficiency with Office Tools (Microsoft Word, Excel)
    • Strong verbal and written communication skills

Recommended Experience

• Previous Game Development Experience
    • Passion for BioWare games, story-driven PC RPGs, and/or pen & paper games
    • Agile development experience
    Required Test
    • Choose something you feel is an issue in SW:ToR. Describe the issue and why you believe it is a problem, propose a solution for it, and explain why your solution solves the issue.

LOL, nice find!

Good to see they're expanding their team. (Well, either that or replacing someone... =/ )

Originally posted by Sevenstar61

Bruce Maclean  - Senior Producer in Bioware resonced today in the thread on Forum that:

We have been holding back 3.0 details because <> . But now that Forged Alliances is out there with this morning's launch of 2.10 we're letting folks have a little time with Rakata Prime and then spilling the beans on 3.0. Look for a teaser within a week, and then a full announce before the end of month!

Now that is exciting news. I can't wait... Tease me BioWare!!!!!!!!

Source:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=763191&page=4

Dulfy also got it

http://dulfy.net/2014/09/09/swtor-patch-3-0-announcement-announcement/

Originally posted by Bruce Maclean

Stay back, I’m holding a thermal detonator! To answer your question about the expansion announcement:

Soon™! We are holding the announcement back a bit to add something really nice for subscribers, and we’ll be revealing all shortly - a couple of weeks at the latest. The delay of announcement has no effect on the expansion schedule, and we are still sticking to our commitment of launching it this year.

Bruce Maclean | Senior Producer

hahahahah, this company.

If you can't even get a simple announcement out on time, what makes you think we'll believe that the expansion is going to launch on time? You can't even give bullet points on raids, level range, number of zones, etc. Galactic Strongholds was delayed. I suspect it's going to be as gutted as Warlord of Draenor is on launch feature-wise, with stuff that should be in 3.0 launch now delayed and jammed into 3.1 and on throughout the year. What a mess.

• Instigator-JonesInstigator-Jones Member UncommonPosts: 530
    "Soon™!"

Did they just trade-mark "soon"?!?!

Damn, I've got checks to write.
  • ArchlyteArchlyte Member RarePosts: 1,405
    Originally posted by Archlyte

That's actually pretty sound advice for every MMO in existence. (And all too often for single player games too)

That's a good point. In this instance I think that looking for some big and crazy addition or change is very likely to produce disappointment, while very unlikely to yield surprise and elation. I do hope they make a second SWTOR and include more open world/emergent type features along with fixing their powertrain and steering defects.  

MMORPG players are often like Hobbits: They don't like Adventures
  • TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,025

I just wonder if this will actually feel like a real expansion. Previous expansions were glorified content patches for other games or the content was little more than additional mini-games that really added little to core game play.

I am not sure I can handle more gear grinds though in both pve and pvp. Thus far, when I return to the game, it only feels like I have to do a gear grind all over again without any real content added.

If this expansion reveals: Upgraded engine! Major class and talent tree revamp! Major crafting changes! Major changes to gear grind! Actual game world content instead of small map mini-games designed to split players into instances because our engine sucks! 

... I'd be back in a heartbeat!

You stay sassy!