Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New ship with LTI for sale Reclaimer , only 350$ !

motanilamotanila Member UncommonPosts: 152
One of the last chances of getting a ship with LTI people, don;t miss it. Help to make the game !!

Comments

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    What is LTI?
  • motanilamotanila Member UncommonPosts: 152
    Life Time Insurance.
  • CalavryCalavry Member UncommonPosts: 113
    Life Time Insurance = LTI I believe
  • Instigator-JonesInstigator-Jones Member UncommonPosts: 530
    Originally posted by motanila
    One of the last chances of getting a ship with LTI people, don;t miss it. Help to make the game !!

Hope you're not implying they need more money to make the game. 

More to the point; throwing that kind of scratch into this is reckless (IMO) at this point. Release the game and THEN offer this up. Maybe then I'll be tempted, until that point, they've got enough of my money.

• AreWeLiveAreWeLive Member UncommonPosts: 201
    Life Time Insurance.

That would be "Game Life Time Insurance".

Personally I have no issues giving money to released games for some type of sub but could not put my faith into one that's not released. Most times I read about kickstarters, well they do not seem to end well.

• Jesus that's crazy expensive. You can get 6 AAA games for that amount of money.

• grndzrogrndzro Member UncommonPosts: 1,162

It's a bonus as a pledge. Insurance will be available in game.

Or do you honestly think it's stupid to reward people that pledge? That'l get the game funded....dont give them anything.

With AAA titles costing 200mil I find it pretty stupid people would be criticising RSI for making money.

LTI will be incredibly powerfull. I dont want everyone having it. There needs to be an incentive for the normal population to stay alive.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by Instigator-Jones

More to the point; throwing that kind of scratch into this is reckless (IMO) at this point. Release the game and THEN offer this up. Maybe then I'll be tempted, until that point, they've got enough of my money.

yes, he is implying just that. Roberts must be destroying all that money then make jsut another new ship!!!! for only $350!!!!!! lol

seriously, i think this is the first game i really am starting to wish it flops really hard. [mod edit] Its just out of hand already.

• GanksinatraGanksinatra Member UncommonPosts: 455
    If you have $350 to use on what is ostensibly looking more and more like vaporware each day,  then you have too much money for your own good. But as the old saying goes, a fool and his money are soon parted.
  • KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072
    Originally posted by Axxar

Jesus that's crazy expensive. You can get 6 AAA games for that amount of money.

Pretty cheap for a star ship, I'd expect them to cost millions if not billions, but mere 350$

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by Kuinn

Pretty cheap for a star ship, I'd expect them to cost millions if not billions, but mere 350$

in case you didnt know, its an in game mount, not a real life prototype ship.

Originally posted by rojoArcueid

in case you didnt know, its an in game mount, not a real life prototype ship.

Oh, my bad, I thought they are going to ship me a real space ship I can fly to another solar system :( Thought finally I can go see some more interesting corners of the galaxy but no, damn Roberts, had I known this everytime I called someone a troll when they bashed Roberts "SPACE INDUSTRIES" - Cant even trust the internets these days...

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    At this point they are selling 3d renderings of what could eventually be a star ship. But so far they haven't actually shown much of anything other than a demo people could walk around in for a bit. I just don't see a point in people constantly dropping money into this game hoping it will turn into something. I wish they would just release something more than what they have so far. It would make it seem way more realistically planned.
  • DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926

- it's a pledge and the Retaliator is the reward

-  to reach a real triple A budget they still need approximately 100 million $

- too expensive for you then get a 30$ basic pack and you're good to go. Every ship available in game for ingame credits on launch

• SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257
    This is becoming bit of a joke in my eyes if not cash grab. The concept of this game is good but seems they truly excel in making money on promises :)
  • DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181
    Originally posted by Ganksinatra
    If you have $350 to use on what is ostensibly looking more and more like vaporware each day,  then you have too much money for your own good. But as the old saying goes, a fool and his money are soon parted.

"In the computer industry, vaporware is a product, typically computer hardware or software, that is announced to the general public but is never actually manufactured nor officially cancelled." -Wikipedia

The game is being developed. There is dogfighting module and hangar already, and a lot of stuff that is not released for the public. Stop being a troll please, they never gave you a release date so stop whining because the game is not coming out yet. Since when was it a good idea to release unfinished buggy mess anyway? The reaction is always so positive when unfinished crap gets released right...?

Can you not see that by the very definition that YOU provided, the game can currently be considered vapourware? The game has so far neither been manufactured or cancelled.

I think you should rethink your accusation of trolling as all you've done is reinforce their statement.

Personally, having played the game, I find that it's incompatible with my definition of fun, so I have no honest desire to see it either released or not as I won't be buying it regardless. However, all these additional pre-purchases would definitely set off alarm bells if I were.

• motanilamotanila Member UncommonPosts: 152

yes, he is implying just that. Roberts must be destroying all that money then make jsut another new ship!!!! for only $350!!!!!! lol

seriously, i think this is the first game i really am starting to wish it flops really hard. That guy is ripping dumb people off like there is no tomorrow. Would love to see everyone´s faces if that happens....  Its just out of hand already.

54 mill is not much. And we must keep paying to keep the current level od development.

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614

seriously, i think this is the first game i really am starting to wish it flops really hard. That guy is ripping dumb people off like there is no tomorrow. Would love to see everyone´s faces if that happens....  Its just out of hand already.

54 mill is not much. And we must keep paying to keep the current level od development.

Do you get shares of the company too? because basicly that's what ppl normally demand when funding some idea with huge financial risks.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

Originally posted by Darwa

"In the computer industry, vaporware is a product, typically computer hardware or software, that is announced to the general public but is never actually manufactured nor officially cancelled." -Wikipedia

The game is being developed. There is dogfighting module and hangar already, and a lot of stuff that is not released for the public. Stop being a troll please, they never gave you a release date so stop whining because the game is not coming out yet. Since when was it a good idea to release unfinished buggy mess anyway? The reaction is always so positive when unfinished crap gets released right...?

Can you not see that by the very definition that YOU provided, the game can currently be considered vapourware? The game has so far neither been manufactured or cancelled.

I think you should rethink your accusation of trolling as all you've done is reinforce their statement.

Personally, having played the game, I find that it's incompatible with my definition of fun, so I have no honest desire to see it either released or not as I won't be buying it regardless. However, all these additional pre-purchases would definitely set off alarm bells if I were.

You can say the same about any unfinished game, at various stages of the development. EQN? Vaporware. Black Desert? Vaporware. Next Mass Effect game Bioware announced at summer? Vaporware.

The problem is people, who think they can arbitrarily decide in their head when the game should have been launched, or what should have been released of it by now, and when the reality does not meet their demands, they start trolling. They are not in charge, never was, and never will, no matter how much money they spent on the title. Do not participate in KS projects if you cant handle the situation.

Honestly? What did you think? They put together a massive game in 2 years? Why dont every commercial big studio do that? Why cant the armies of Blizzard devs release EXPANSION packs every year on an already running game? Why cant the armies of devs under EA release DA:O sooner, it's been years in development? Or is it only Roberts who should be able to do this?

I'm happy I have never spent a dime on KS projects so I can stay realistic and not get angry for not getting instant returns to my "investment".

• DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181

You can say the same about any unfinished game, at various stages of the development. EQN? Vaporware. Black Desert? Vaporware. Next Mass Effect game Bioware announced at summer? Vaporware.

Yep. You're right, 'you' can say that. I never claimed otherwise.

The problem is people, who think they can arbitrarily decide in their head when the game should have been launched, or what should have been released of it by now, and when the reality does not meet their demands, they start trolling. They are not in charge, never was, and never will, no matter how much money they spent on the title. Do not participate in KS projects if you cant handle the situation.

The person is question wasn't trolling; they were stating an opinion that you then reinforced by definition. I don't participate in KS projects.

Honestly? What did you think? They put together a massive game in 2 years? Why dont every commercial big studio do that? Why cant the armies of Blizzard devs release EXPANSION packs every year on an already running game? Why cant the armies of devs under EA release DA:O sooner, it's been years in development? Or is it only Roberts who should be able to do this?

What do I think? Well, I don't believe they put together a 'massive' game in 2 years. I certainly don't think that at all. I don't see why the 'armies'  of Blizzard devs can't release an expansion pack every year when SOE manages it on what I imagine you would call a 'squad' of devs. I've only played WoW for an hour or so, I don't have an authoritative answer on that one - I'd assumed that they did, seeing as both EQ and EQ2 get them annually. Likewise, I know next to nothing about DA:O (I had to Google the term). It really feels as though you're grabbing a bit here as they're both well-known and mostly respected outfits with a proven record, and not a good comparison to make.

I'm happy I have never spent a dime on KS projects so I can stay realistic and not get angry for not getting instant returns to my "investment".

Awesome. Good for you. Me neither. In fact, I don't get angry about anything much.

I'm too old and comfortable to dwell on things that I have no control over. This is why I won't be responding to you any more; I've made my point and you missed it, then threw unrelated points back whilst making unfounded assumptions in an aggressive tone, and I'm not a fan of that game. I appreciate that it may be due to a potential language barrier, but I gave up teaching a while ago ;)

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926

Just enjoy getting something other people paid for, without them there would be no Star Citizen.

You can still buy the game for full price when it's out and gets 10/10 reviews, not getting any of the dozens of early backer rewards

Yep. You're right, 'you' can say that. I never claimed otherwise.

The person is question wasn't trolling; they were stating an opinion that you then reinforced by definition. I don't participate in KS projects.

What do I think? Well, I don't believe they put together a 'massive' game in 2 years. I certainly don't think that at all. I don't see why the 'armies'  of Blizzard devs can't release an expansion pack every year when SOE manages it on what I imagine you would call a 'squad' of devs. I've only played WoW for an hour or so, I don't have an authoritative answer on that one - I'd assumed that they did, seeing as both EQ and EQ2 get them annually. Likewise, I know next to nothing about DA:O (I had to Google the term). It really feels as though you're grabbing a bit here as they're both well-known and mostly respected outfits with a proven record, and not a good comparison to make.

Awesome. Good for you. Me neither. In fact, I don't get angry about anything much.

I'm too old and comfortable to dwell on things that I have no control over. This is why I won't be responding to you any more; I've made my point and you missed it, then threw unrelated points back whilst making unfounded assumptions in an aggressive tone, and I'm not a fan of that game. I appreciate that it may be due to a potential language barrier, but I gave up teaching a while ago ;)

Then what's the point of term vaporware if it can be said about any title that is not released yet? Though I dont agree with this, it's being manufactured if someone is working on it. And why would SC be anymore vaporware than other games when not even the biggest dev studios cant release anything big in under 2 years? No one can. I havent got an answer to that, but what I gathered is that you dont like SC, so I guess it's pointless to continue with this, and I do hope that you wont be responding to this anymore :)

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

It most certainly is reckless and more importantly is this is exactly what the MAJORITY were complaining would happen in rmt games a few years ago,so why is it now being accepted ?This game is nothing more than a flat out cash shop game,you are not helping to build the game,you are simply making cash shop purchases.

Even worse is making cash shop purchases fro ma game that is not even close to being a game yet.So what you are doing is handing over free money for nothing more than an IOU which even still equates to a picture on a screen that will propel across the screen via standard graphics.

This game si making perhaps the most noise since Wow and for all the wrong reasons,it proves a sad state of affairs in the gaming industry when talk is more about rmt sales than an actual game.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    This is nuts..i can't believe some people are paying that much to fund a game...unbelieveable.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888

I hope Star Citizen will fail, it's taking crowd funding too far and turning it into crowd milking. It would be good for the games industry if the finished game were bug-ridden turd and people lost their money.