Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

For those of you who already QUIT the Game tell us why?

Comments

• greatskysgreatskys Member UncommonPosts: 451

For me my PC just wouldn't run it well enough . Its a few years old I get about 50-70 fps in the open world on Rift average on high settings but In Archeage in the Elf starter area it dropped to single figures quite often . That was the main reason . 

There were other things that made me think twice as well . Trion starting it at 10.99 really made me think it was a cash grab although it has been changed since . The ques were horrendous but that has been fixed now .A fellow guild member was questing and same faction players from another guild came up to him and started bumping into him to stop him doing what he was doing on his farm while this isn't the same as ganking it just struck me the community wouldn't be that great . I didn't like that if you wanted to report another player for say being racist in general chat that you actually have to pay labour points to report him . After the land grab it was virtually impossible to get land for yourself . Friends of mine have found this out recently and were talking about transfering to another server only to find there are no transfers available . 

This of course is not all Trions fault they have only a certain amount of control and it is XL games that dictates what they can and cant ultimately do . It didn't appear to be an awful game though and I think it will be moderatly successful . I do think however though that the pay to win element in it will be far more intrusive than in a game like Rift simply because it is PVP orientated . 

Had it been something I was certain of I would have brought a new PC to play it but as it is I will hang fire a bit longer . It still plays most of the games I wish to play after all . 

• CallidorCallidor Member Posts: 371

I quit after spending more than 13 hours in queue during the headstart weekend. Trion took almost a week to get back to me about a refund. They tried to tell me it was "outside their refund policy." In response I said okay, but as a once loyal customer for a couple of years, you'll never get another dime out of me. The next email from them pretty much said, sorry to hear that, get lost.

Thankfully even my credit card company agreed with me, and I got a chargeback.

Like I said, Ill never touch another Trion game ever again.

• rnor6084rnor6084 Member UncommonPosts: 111

Some of the  terrible community has already shown itself in this thread.  The ones rubbing their hand in glee when people leave.  That is not a good thing for this type of game.

It needs lots and lots of people to function correctly.

Give it several months and these folks will be complaining of low populations.

• greatskysgreatskys Member UncommonPosts: 451
    Originally posted by Callidor

I quit after spending more than 13 hours in queue during the headstart weekend. Trion took almost a week to get back to me about a refund. They tried to tell me it was "outside their refund policy." In response I said okay, but as a once loyal customer for a couple of years, you'll never get another dime out of me. The next email from them pretty much said, sorry to hear that, get lost.

Thankfully even my credit card company agreed with me, and I got a chargeback.

Like I said, Ill never touch another Trion game ever again.

The thing that struck me most about the ques were Trions customer relations were appalling . We heard nothing from them for almost a week . They should have acknowledged the problem more quickly and announced there would be compensation for the players who had payed . This did eventually happened but it they were very slow in doing this . At the start I actually defended them about this in these forums saying be patient to people who were complaining about this but the situation went on way too long and there was too little communication from Trion . 

• borghive49borghive49 Member RarePosts: 493
    I'm no fanboy, Archage does have some issues but the game is pretty fun for sure. 
  • xAPOCxxAPOCx Member UncommonPosts: 869
    all i see are the same people that didnt like the game before launch, not liking it now. Big whoop. You're not missed.

• alivenaliven Member UncommonPosts: 346

To all those "you wond be missed", "good riddance" and "dont let the door hit you" people.

Players are CONTENT in any MMO. I have seen many games that flop because people like you tell others "you play the game wrong". And you know what? They WILL listen to you "kkthxbye" and they will leave. Then you realize how empty the game is, how stupid is gameplay. 

Nobody is forcing anyone to stay, and you just show everyone how bad you are to any MMO you play. 

• BroomyBroomy Member UncommonPosts: 487
    Originally posted by Onsaboo

Just cancelled Patron subscription due to -

1) HOUSING - the housing abomination has left a sour taste in my mouth, especially as one of the reasons I went patron in the first place was the promise of having your own land. What pushed me to cancel was hearing that houses being demolished are being snapped up by the same people, who're not even in the same area. Which leads to point 2:

2) HACKING - from people transporting in their Trade Packs directly to the buyer, to guilds suddenly appearing from nowhere,  to people managing to swipe demolished houses faster than anyone when not even present. This game has most hacking of any MMO I've ever experienced (in context, I've never seen ANY obvious hacking in other MMOs I've played; here it's everywhere).

3) COMMUNITY - some nice people here and there but for the most part horrible anti-social children and the dreadful free-to-play community

4) PvE - Leveling up is as dull as ditchwater

5) TRION - don't seem to give a shit about anything

^^This.  Same reason why I am leaving.  I bought Patron to own a home.  With Hackers and land grabbers its impossible if you have a job to go to.

Waiting on WOD...

Current Games: WOW, EVE Online

• BattlerockBattlerock Member CommonPosts: 1,393
    Originally posted by Battlerock
    Originally posted by Battlerock

I'm throwing in the white flag now.

I liked the game, but I don't like tweaking my pc and optimizing it for one game every other day. I have had days where I can play and days when I can not, ever since yesterdays update, it is crashing every 10 - 20 minutes now. Archeage is the only game that does that to my pc. I have ran dx9,dx10,dx,11, updated bios, windows, gpu ... and yes I even turned off my antivirus for a minute, tweaked in game settings to lowest quality .... 

8gb ram 

I7 4790K

GTX 660

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 motherboard

Win 8.1

750 watt psu

When I can play it looks beautiful on screen, and really my system should eat this game up like it's nothing, but that's not the case, I have no temp issues, and like I said this is the only game that does this. 

So at this point in time, I'm just going to put it down, I may come back or maybe not. Would have been cool to start trading, and be a part of everything that's going on, especially on the server and getting to know everyone, but hey no sweat, I have a ton of other games to play as well.

Good news!!! It works great today, been playing for 3 hours already no problems. Not sure what changed, but just going to keep marching on. 

Ok bad news again - game started acting up again - this is puzzling, I played this morning just fine, now this evening it's acting up. I have stopped again.

• ShortyBibleShortyBible Member UncommonPosts: 409
    Originally posted by kinido
    Originally posted by Reeper

Originally posted by Proudsoul1
    Originally posted by rojoArcueid
    Originally posted by JDis25
    This game isn't for everyone. Please leave quietly and let us have our fun.

OP asked everyone who has quit, why did they do it. If you still enjoy the game, have fun, but leave the thread quietly and let us discuss our topic.

But you see..the main reason people say they " Quit" is because they say its P2W but where is it p2w I want someone to tell me what they bought that made them more powerful than me and IF they are more powerful than me I would like them to show me. I have never bought a LP I have a house a large farm and im working on a Galleon. I have over 400 gold I made without selling APEX. I am level 50 and one of the (IMO) best PVPers on my server . So I ask again what makes AA P2W ..

lvl 50 so fast  sounds like a worth while game,

I quit, I just cant devote this kind of time so I know I cant cant compete against these kinds of players and add the ques, and gold spammers and the all the BOTS to come, good luck all.

Level 50 is fast because this is a PvP based game - and when they open the new island, then theres even more to do. This game isn't about PvE .. or questing .. it's pure PvP .. you PvE to PvP and you craft to PvP ... thats why they made leveling so simple. The game is really opened at 50.

They made levels for the only reason I can think .. so people will get use to the controls, mechanics, and skills ... so when you are 50, your ready to go. 

WOW ! For months supporters of this game has been telling us that the game opens at level 30, and now you tell us it really opens up at level 50.

Thanks. I appreciate the information :)

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964

AA may not be for the majority of mmo players, but it will have a tight niche player base like DF and EvE. I have many guild members enjoying this game even in it's current state.

However me personally, I come to the conclusion the game isn't made for the majority like myself that are looking for a place that can call home for months on out. I belong to a fantastic guild in this game, however I just don't see the incentive to keep playing unless your into PvP as endgame content. I want a little more depth instead of just PvP centric in my mmo's today.

Hopefully TRION incorporates more things for the majority of players in future patches, instead of the niche bunch of players that thrive on PvP, but for some reason I see the gaming turning out to be Dark Fall type player base on energy drinks due to the F2P option.

For players that are loving the game, that is awesome, glad you found a mmorpg you can call home.

• PixelPersonaPixelPersona Member UncommonPosts: 23

I am playing it as an off game to some of my other games I enjoy.

I will say the game is in fact not pay to win. All the people saying that in this thread have 0 clue what that term means or have not actually played the game and are just spewing shit cause other people are saying it. It is pay to progress at a faster rate but does in fact not give you any significant gain over another player pvp/pve wise.

No game is ever going to be completely free to play.

• Tyvolus4Tyvolus4 Member UncommonPosts: 192

Originally posted by xAPOCx
    all i see are the same people that didnt like the game before launch, not liking it now. Big whoop. You're not missed.

PWND.

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039

It has been  6 to 7 years now i have been reading response like yours every time players leave due to various problems.

I have read 'you won't be missed' or 'i am glad you left' etc. on forums of

Vanguard

Warhammer Online

Star Wars Galaxies

Tabula Rasa

AOC

Wildstar

And we all know how it ends everytime. Any official who read forums would be much more worried about players like you who find joy in chasing people away from their game than those who complain and quit. Atleast later offer some feedback no matter how angry or badly worded sometimes. What does people like you offer to the game or community?

• rnor6084rnor6084 Member UncommonPosts: 111
    Originally posted by Bigdaddyx

It has been  6 to 7 years now i have been reading response like yours every time players leave due to various problems.

I have read 'you won't be missed' or 'i am glad you left' etc. on forums of

Vanguard

Warhammer Online

Star Wars Galaxies

Tabula Rasa

AOC

Wildstar

And we all know how it ends everytime. Any official who read forums would be much more worried about players like you who find joy in chasing people away from their game than those who complain and quit. Atleast later offer some feedback no matter how angry or badly worded sometimes. What does people like you offer to the game or community?

Perfect examples. This should scare the mess out of any AA fan but it will not. Love is blind.

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Originally posted by thunderC
      Im currently considering quiting at this moment, From the toxic community to what i feel is a horrible korean mmo style grind not really my cup of tea, and although the graphics are decent when you really look at them there is just something lacking, almost dull about them. The ocean is gorgous though but that wears off very fast escpcially when you discover just how lifeless it is.Also the cash shop and Marketplace items will make you bankrupt, This game is HEAVY PAY 2 WIN you have been warned lol Just curious those of you who have already quit this game , why?

Funny thing, my first hour or two (when I was able to login at all as trial account, would not know for patrons) were one big "MEH".  But after few hours more in trial, servers have now acceptable queues if at all, I have started to like the game. But .... I do not enjoy (anymore) at all PVP. If game would have PVE servers and would not be default PVP only (even with "safe" zones as I understand) I would probably sub for some time. But here main problem now for me playing AA is another, Rift new expansion is coming in short, have already purchased, currently of course playing Rift, ... but then WOD coming and will be busy at full capacity :-) for at least half year, .... then will guess go back to continue to play Rift, ... hope some TRUE expansion then come out for my 2nd favorite SWTOR, ... Once were one game or max. one additional to fill the gap, but now there are more and more and time fast runs out to play all that I would love to.

• ButtskiButtski Member UncommonPosts: 187

terribly boring p2w korean grinder with clunky cc spamfest gameplay.

no real pvper takes this game serious.

and finally 99,999% of the community are terrible terrible trashy pvp'ers... i don't see any competition there so i left.

in a couple of weeks nobody will be talking about this game anymore.

• TinybinaTinybina Member Posts: 2,130

1. Controls felt unresponsive and laggy

2. Graphics where not that good (even turned up to highest settings)

Those are my two major flaws with the game..I am used to SWTOR, Planetside 2, WOW and  GW2.  Controls and movement in this game just felt.. off... Like it was some type of UI lag or something...  It wasn't as laggy as WAR (if you ever played that) but it was close to it.

And I live in Dallas, where a few of their servers where suppose to be located.

------------------------------
    You see, every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You spread to an area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.-Mr.Smith

• GameboyMarcGameboyMarc Member UncommonPosts: 395
    The servers being packed and waiting was bothersome. Then when I did get in and played it had a very been there done that feeling for me. Granted I only played till level 10, and from what I understand stand the game starts at level 30, so maybe I didn't give it a fair run.

• InfiniteStrifeInfiniteStrife Member UncommonPosts: 36

Mount kill griefing and glider get-away abuse is horrible pvp design.

Not fun for me.

Knew it was an asian trash mmo anyway so I didnt really put high expectations...theire incompetent in making proper mmos.

• crabdogcrabdog Member Posts: 30

: The graphics look dated already. Some things look nice but no different from games of recent years. I could cook a roast turkey inside my case while playing...my gpu gets extremely hot in AA.

: The music is uninspiring and arcady asian style.

: The npc's all look the same with different hairstyles, they all look 16 years old.

: For a game that was hyped so much as a sandbox it seems generically linear to me.

: Combat feels dull.

: Gold sellers are rampant.

: Everything about the game feels 'old' as soon as you start.

• Jagwar_FangJagwar_Fang Member UncommonPosts: 264
    Originally posted by Adoni
    The servers being packed and waiting was bothersome. Then when I did get in and played it had a very been there done that feeling for me. Granted I only played till level 10, and from what I understand stand the game starts at level 30, so maybe I didn't give it a fair run.

A game that takes 30 levels to grab your attention is a game that was designed all wrong.   You shouldn't be forced to play to any specific level before you have fun.   Anyone that says otherwise has issues, serious issues.

• Jagwar_FangJagwar_Fang Member UncommonPosts: 264
    Originally posted by Tyvolus4

PWND.

So, in a PvP centric game the people leaving will not be missed?  You do know that those people ARE the content don't you?   Oh, wait, there are raids, dungeons, and so many quests to do though aren't there?   Yeah, they won't be missed until there aren't but a tiny fraction of the players playing anymore.   

They won't be missed until your next great hope for open world PVP sandboxy game is a ghost town in a month or two.  Then, when you are all standing around sucking your thumbs wondering what happened, remember comments like these.   You wont be missing the content that found better games with better communities to play though.  No you surely won't.

• Tyvolus4Tyvolus4 Member UncommonPosts: 192
    Originally posted by Bannuk

PWND.

So, in a PvP centric game the people leaving will not be missed?  You do know that those people ARE the content don't you?   Oh, wait, there are raids, dungeons, and so many quests to do though aren't there?   Yeah, they won't be missed until there aren't but a tiny fraction of the players playing anymore.   

They won't be missed until your next great hope for open world PVP sandboxy game is a ghost town in a month or two.  Then, when you are all standing around sucking your thumbs wondering what happened, remember comments like these.   You wont be missing the content that found better games with better communities to play though.  No you surely won't.

When someone starts a thread to troll for some drama, this is what happens...I wouldn't worry about it too much, people come and go from games all the time.  Its F2P, and it just released, lots of people trying the game.  Some will stay, some will go.  its all good.

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    Originally posted by Bannuk

PWND.

When someone starts a thread to troll for some drama, this is what happens...I wouldn't worry about it too much, people come and go from games all the time.  Its F2P, and it just released, lots of people trying the game.  Some will stay, some will go.  its all good.

Game is not F2P more like  free to trial. You people never learn do you? mocking players for problems they have and chasing them away is not good for business for any gaming company. It is ironic because you are doing more damage to the company you are so ferociously trying to defend. They don't need white knights but good revenue to survive.