Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gauntlet: Comic Giveaway!

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

MMORPG.com has partnered with WB Studios to give away five physical copies of the Gauntlet comic (US/Canada only).

Entering to win is simple: all you need to do is post below sharing with us your favorite memories from any game in the Gauntlet series.

We'll accept entries through Monday, September 29. Five winners will be selected at random on Tuesday, September 30.

Please only submit a single entry. Those found to have entered multiple times will be disqualified from the giveaway.

Comments

• Allanon6666Allanon6666 Member UncommonPosts: 34
    Probably my favorite memory from playing Gauntlet Legends on the Dreamcast was the first time I got the permanent pet/follower thing.  You get it when you hit level 30 (at least, I think it was 30).  I was so confused when I first got it, and then quite excited.
  • ArpaconArpacon Member CommonPosts: 2
    Playing Gauntlet on Gamecube with the wife and kids, good family fun time.
  • quidomquidom Member UncommonPosts: 17
    That one time, when that dude killed that guy...that was awesome!

My head smells like buzzing

• Wraith0Wraith0 Member UncommonPosts: 46
    Arcade meet ups with my friends to play Gauntlet for hours...
  • knightauditknightaudit Member UncommonPosts: 389

In the Arcade .. watching others or playing myself with friends .... and always loved it hearing the lines "*** has shot the food" Or "*** Needs food"

Ahh the joy and fun of the old days of top down action

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

played the game on college campus

it was a tabletop version which made it easy for 4 players to gather around  (air hockey style)

i think the game needed 2 quarters to start -- which was alot back in 1985

• Scott_JeslisScott_Jeslis Member RarePosts: 628
    Playing Gauntlet on the original arcade system. I remember how cool it was since 4 of us could play at once. I always picked the Warrior since all I knew how to do best back then was "hack-n-slash" :-)
  • Jubilee3Jubilee3 Member Posts: 2
    never played Gauntlet but i would love to play it now
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    played it on NES back in the days and killed the dragon in the last room long fight too, too bad I never really liked the new versions of it
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • BoltharBolthar Member Posts: 62
    Playing with 3 others and trying to take down all the generators before all our coins got gobbled up!
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

went to Disneyland in 8th grade with a class trip....spent the entire time in the PENNY ARCADE!!!! playing gauntlet for like 3$ all day.

never went on a ride lol

• toxicdragon96toxicdragon96 Member Posts: 2
    My dad and I played the game in an arcade that we used to frequent. I would always play the barbarian and he would be the wizard. I was only 5 at the time; so I wasn't very good. But that was some of the best father-son bonding a person could ask for.
  • greatskysgreatskys Member UncommonPosts: 451
    I have fond memories of Gauntlet from the 1980s . A bunch of friends of mine used to play it in a little beach cafe we used to hang around in when we were about 16 years old in the summer where we had all just finished school . Good to see it still going in some form . Its the first co-op game I ever remember playing . In some ways it was the precursor to what we do now when we do a dungeon in an mmo . 
  • EquintinEquintin Member UncommonPosts: 137
    Playing Gauntlet on Gamecube with friends, good times.

• sanatkumarasanatkumara Member UncommonPosts: 9
    For me Gauntlet was a quintessential arcade game. The big city Vancouver or Washington state movie theatres all had arcade rooms back in my elementary school days. And there was nothing like blowing through a pocket of quarters, and your gigantic soft drink, waiting for the movie to start... only to realize you've just missed the first 30 mins of it. That, and the arguments over who got to be the elven archer, were the only drawbacks to a game that otherwise forced four friends to work together; and to have fun!
  • Tgiordano92Tgiordano92 Member UncommonPosts: 168
    I remember playing gauntley:dark legacy with my friends way back, and actually until recently I could not remember what the game was called. Once I did find out I re-played it and it brought back so many good memories. I remember I went into a celebration station once and they actually had Dark legacy set up on one of the machines, was a great day!
  • YoofaloofYoofaloof Member UncommonPosts: 217
    Can't beat the original arcade cabinet.
  • rubydragon5rubydragon5 Member UncommonPosts: 693
    Playing 4 player mode was a blast

• CerthasCerthas Member UncommonPosts: 27
    the first page was awesome
  • RealedazedRealedazed Member UncommonPosts: 105
    I used to play with my best friend at the time. We had nothing but time on our hands, and no jobs, kids or responsibility. Those were the days :)
  • indybobindybob Member UncommonPosts: 18
    Blue Wizard is about to die!
  • PhoenixC13PhoenixC13 Member UncommonPosts: 119
    I remember having to blow out my cartridge in my nes to get it to play and I remember having to memorize he invisible way level.

• Charlie.CheswickCharlie.Cheswick Member UncommonPosts: 469
    Grizzly Bear muffin top.
    -Chuckles
  • SamhaelSamhael Member RarePosts: 1,498
    There was more than one game in the Gauntlet "series?"  Obviously, the new one... But my fondest memories of the original was that it was the only thing in our local arcade that four people could play together in a co-op mode. I think the closest thing to it was Double Dragon. :)
  • CoraxsangCoraxsang Member UncommonPosts: 3
    Playing the original arcade version and dumping quarter after quarter into it with my friends every chance we got. It was an amazing catalyst to my gaming today. Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.