Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why you should not waste your time & money on ArcheAge

swedagoswedago Member UncommonPosts: 78

I bought the Archeum Patron pack ($168) ...  This is my 2 cents:

1) You do not get what you pay for:  I have yet to receive what I paid for.  Missing 90% of the items!

2) Terrible customer service:  I put a ticket in 2 weeks ago and still no response. 

3) The queues are extremely long and if you are a working and can only play when you get home forget it...

4)  Terrible chat:  You can never see the players since the gold spammers fill the chat with their services.

5) Limited PvP: Have a 5 vs. 5 arena, and some open zones which are always one sided.

6) Housng: Good luck finding a plot to build.  Even the new servers are completed booked.

To top it off the NPCs still speak Korean even thought the text is in English!

Comments

• bebopdrumsbebopdrums Member UncommonPosts: 168
    You know...i think you went into this game with wrong idea. Im not even going to waste my time defending the points you bring up. Clearly the game is not for you. Yes, archeage is lacking "some" polish. . in my opinion, its all excusable, because for once, i see a developer GOING for somehting bigger than whats come before. Its like seeing an artist push himself to create a better work. There are going to be things people dont like, but these games are necessary. For everything Archeage does wrong or annoys me (and that honestly, is so trivial ((like having to constantly resize my UI because it doesnt always remember my default setting))), i step back and look at what these guys have achieved and are trying to achieve, and my old crusty heart goes, "damn, this is pretty amazing". Im glad to have that feeling back and archeage, despite its tiny little niggles (which strangely remind me of Vanguard), this one has got my heart. Now, Ive got lavender that just came to fruition so if you'll excuse me...
  • PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977

Originally posted by swedago I bought the Archeum Patron pack ($168) ...  This is my 2 cents: 1) You do not get what you pay for:  I have yet to receive what I paid for.  Missing 90% of the items! 2) Terrible customer service:  I put a ticket in 2 weeks ago and still no response.  3) The queues are extremely long and if you are a working and can only play when you get home forget it... 4)  Terrible chat:  You can never see the players since the gold spammers fill the chat with their services. 5) Limited PvP: Have a 5 vs. 5 arena, and some open zones which are always one sided. 6) Housng: Good luck finding a plot to build.  Even the new servers are completed booked. To top it off the NPCs still speak Korean even thought the text is in English!

They stated from the get-go that the non-quest related NPC voices were not going to be translated.

PVP is everywhere you want to find it. Just CTRL-F and there you go... head off into contested areas... there you go... you don't need to be in a zone at war to PVP.

Nothing worth reading is in regular chat. Guild chat or raid/party chat is all you need for conversing. Turn off the extra chat content and your gold spam free and still get all the important messages.

Housing plots exist... just not in the best areas... head out to contested areas and you will find some.

Repost your ticket if you still haven't received your stuff.

Queues aren't that bad, I get in everyday and play for several hours.

• swedagoswedago Member UncommonPosts: 78
    Originally posted by bebopdrums
    You know...i think you went into this game with wrong idea. Im not even going to waste my time defending the points you bring up. Clearly the game is not for you. Yes, archeage is lacking "some" polish. . in my opinion, its all excusable, because for once, i see a developer GOING for somehting bigger than whats come before. Its like seeing an artist push himself to create a better work. There are going to be things people dont like, but these games are necessary. For everything Archeage does wrong or annoys me, i step back and look at what these guys have achieved and are trying to achieve, and my old crusty heart goes, "damn, this is pretty amazing". Im glad to have that feeling back and archeage, despite its tiny little niggles (which strangely remind me of Vanguard), this one has got my heart. Now, Ive got lavender that just came to fruition so if you'll excuse me...

You have good points if I did not pay.  Charging people and not delivering what they promised is very bad business.

These talented guys have nothing to do with it.  It is the C-Levels that permitted this to happen that should be fired.

• britzbanbritzban Member UncommonPosts: 260
    <div showborder"="">

1) You do not get what you pay for:  I have yet to receive what I paid for.  Missing 90% of the items!

I received all my items, I can not comment. I recall opening several boxes to get all my items, make sure you did not miss it in your inventory.

2) Terrible customer service:  I put a ticket in 2 weeks ago and still no response. 

Never used so can not comment.

3) The queues are extremely long and if you are a working and can only play when you get home forget it...

They implemented AFK timers , the hold times are now about 2 minutes or less

4)  Terrible chat:  You can never see the players since the gold spammers fill the chat with their services.

Chat tabs can be customized.  You can also block spammers in chat by right clicking on them and blocking.  This is no different from any other mmo. 

5) Limited PvP: Have a 5 vs. 5 arena, and some open zones which are always one sided.

I have not done yet so can not comment.

6) Housng: Good luck finding a plot to build.  Even the new servers are completed booked.

Land Rush was expected,  plots will start opening up when people do not pay their taxes, be patient.

These are few and far between and not game breaking.  I am sure these will be patched out over time..

• bebopdrumsbebopdrums Member UncommonPosts: 168
    Originally posted by swedago
    Originally posted by bebopdrums
    You know...i think you went into this game with wrong idea. Im not even going to waste my time defending the points you bring up. Clearly the game is not for you. Yes, archeage is lacking "some" polish. . in my opinion, its all excusable, because for once, i see a developer GOING for somehting bigger than whats come before. Its like seeing an artist push himself to create a better work. There are going to be things people dont like, but these games are necessary. For everything Archeage does wrong or annoys me, i step back and look at what these guys have achieved and are trying to achieve, and my old crusty heart goes, "damn, this is pretty amazing". Im glad to have that feeling back and archeage, despite its tiny little niggles (which strangely remind me of Vanguard), this one has got my heart. Now, Ive got lavender that just came to fruition so if you'll excuse me...

You have good points if I did not pay.  Charging people and not delivering what they promised is very bad business.

These talented guys have nothing to do with it.  It is the C-Levels that permitted this to happen that should be fired.

i bought the 50$ patron pack....i think i got what i paid for...dunno but its a game, i paid 50$...i own it now, i got to play a little early and got credits to buy an really nice glider. I dont know about your experience as a patron but that is a drag if you havent gotten your items.

• SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114

[mod edit]

1)  Not sure about missing items, all my guildmates got theirs immediately and those that didn't put a ticket in and got it within 2-days.

2) Patrons have LIVE CHAT capabilities for support and can talk directly to a CSA instead of just tickets.  Tickets unanswered can be resubmitted and extra effort on the person (instead of just "waiting")

3) The Queues last night were at most 5 minutes on the original -most packed- servers at Prime Time of 5pm PST, 8pm EST.  This is NA, so maybe EU is different because they only just recently got their extra hardware up and running (thanks, customs!). 

4) Yes, there are gold spammers in a FREE-2-PLAY game.  Chat is suckage at the moment.   However my 6 separate tabs all are quite fine (Guild, Raid, Party, Local, Whisper, Combat).   This is a player using the UI beyond the default settings.

[mod edit] Sure there are the "safe zones", but I've even been able to PvP in those thanks to reds traveling through our zones.  There's WAR in at least one zone all the time, others are in Danger level ??, and that allows players to kill enemies and flag themselves -Ctrl+F- for Bloodlust and even kill their own faction.  Yesterday there were 2 reds that went into Seachild port, got slaughtered, and then 10...10! of our Faction decided to flag themselves just to start killing over the single trade pack that the Reds dropped.  It was a FFA bloodbath.   The ocean is currently a danger of pirates, reds, and turncoat BL's trying to get free trade packs because they're too laze to craft their own.

6) Most of the housing plots keep changing positions because people demolishing and changing their property or upgrading to larger plots in other zones and not wanting to double-down on tax costs.   Just this week we had 3 members able to grab up small farm plots, 1 started construction on a Thatched Farmhouse, and yet another a large farm plot.  The "no land" myth was debunked a while ago.....

[mod edit]

• swedagoswedago Member UncommonPosts: 78
    Originally posted by Siphaed

Troll alert!.....I'll debunk most of these with little to no effort.

1)  Not sure about missing items, all my guildmates got theirs immediately and those that didn't put a ticket in and got it within 2-days.

2) Patrons have LIVE CHAT capabilities for support and can talk directly to a CSA instead of just tickets.  Tickets unanswered can be resubmitted and extra effort on the person (instead of just "waiting")

3) The Queues last night were at most 5 minutes on the original -most packed- servers at Prime Time of 5pm PST, 8pm EST.  This is NA, so maybe EU is different because they only just recently got their extra hardware up and running (thanks, customs!). 

4) Yes, there are gold spammers in a FREE-2-PLAY game.  Chat is suckage at the moment.   However my 6 separate tabs all are quite fine (Guild, Raid, Party, Local, Whisper, Combat).   This is a player using the UI beyond the default settings.

5) HA,......HA!...hahahahahaha!, You cannot be serious.  Are you level 15?  Sure there are the "safe zones", but I've even been able to PvP in those thanks to reds traveling through our zones.  There's WAR in at least one zone all the time, others are in Danger level ??, and that allows players to kill enemies and flag themselves -Ctrl+F- for Bloodlust and even kill their own faction.  Yesterday there were 2 reds that went into Seachild port, got slaughtered, and then 10...10! of our Faction decided to flag themselves just to start killing over the single trade pack that the Reds dropped.  It was a FFA bloodbath.   The ocean is currently a danger of pirates, reds, and turncoat BL's trying to get free trade packs because they're too laze to craft their own.

6) Most of the housing plots keep changing positions because people demolishing and changing their property or upgrading to larger plots in other zones and not wanting to double-down on tax costs.   Just this week we had 3 members able to grab up small farm plots, 1 started construction on a Thatched Farmhouse, and yet another a large farm plot.  The "no land" myth was debunked a while ago.....

Oh no! Korean NPC's.  God forbid you be exposed to another culture! Cover eyes with a Bible while wrapping your ears and head in a Confederate flag!  It's the only way to save yourself from being corrupted!

I will make this short.  I am not trolling, I am 50th lvl, and read what I wrote about one sided pvp in zones (apprently you did not comprehend or did not bother to read and understand).

I live in Europe so have plenty of culture.  I will end this post here since some kid wants to derail the thread with stupidity.

• OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,517

Usually Trion has decent customer service, not sure why it's taking so long for them to get back to you.

But yeah, I didn't enjoy ArcheAge in general, so.

When all is said and done, more is always said than done.
  • JabasJabas Member UncommonPosts: 1,249

You hate tottaly right to be upset and if i was a founder i didnt be very happy with Trion about this launch.

But im sure you know the point 1, 2 and 3 will be solve sooner then later, i know that it should be solve right now but Trion allready admit several times that is still some issue and they are keeping fixing.

The point 4 they allready are trying to clean it from 2 days ago. i see periodic annoucement about that and its much more clean this last 2 days, EU - Eanna server here.

Point 5, your opinion, nothing to comment.

Point 6, we need a little patience. Plots is part of AA economy, with time things will be solve, special when population will start droping.

I agree with NPCs voice, in RU the npcs speak russian not korean and we cant have voices in english? Trion fail in this point imo.

• AreWeLiveAreWeLive Member UncommonPosts: 201

Respect on open forums is not easy to come by, there is always someone coming along to tell you how they do not have these issues so you certainly can't either, some People are just ignorant of themselves and do not know they are being disrespectful/trolling.

5, If you want to be competitive in 5v5 you need to make your own group, chances are that's what your fighting and that's why it seems one sided.

I think people forget Trion is not the developer of AA, it is a Korean game that they have rights to translate over to english. There are going to be Korean speaking npcs in the game. 

Anyway, I hope you get your stuff sorted out, I know i would want what i paid for...

• SinakuSinaku Member UncommonPosts: 552

I bought the Archeum Patron pack ($168) ...  This is my 2 cents:1) You do not get what you pay for:  I have yet to receive what I paid for.  Missing 90% of the items!2) Terrible customer service:  I put a ticket in 2 weeks ago and still no response. 3) The queues are extremely long and if you are a working and can only play when you get home forget it...4)  Terrible chat:  You can never see the players since the gold spammers fill the chat with their services.5) Limited PvP: Have a 5 vs. 5 arena, and some open zones which are always one sided.6) Housng: Good luck finding a plot to build.  Even the new servers are completed booked.To top it off the NPCs still speak Korean even thought the text is in English!

I'm not necessarily defending ArcheAge because I have my own issues with the game but I just put down a large farm last week, and there is still tons and tons and tons like 70% of space for medium sized housing in Cinder Stone, White Arden, Sanddeep ect. in the western continent. Also, I have done like 15v15 or 10v15 or whatever multiple times outside of arena that wasnt totally one sided. I think you are still upset over the launch but I mean queues aren't bad at all anymore. I think I have like a 5-10 person queue every day when I try and log on as a patron which is like 5 minutes...so idk man sorry you had a bad experience but it doesn't mirror mine

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    From personal experience, this game is okay but its not worth my money yet. Mainly because the alpha/betas did nothing imo. The rush and push towards "true testing" only coming from alpha was just throwing too many "cash grab" flags in my face. Its a good game overall, it just could've and should've been better executed and managed. I understand games have problems after initial launch, but most of the problems either happened at the start of each beta phase and carried over to launch or just popped up during the launch phase.  If they had actually took a little more time and actually listened to feedback outside of the cash shop complaints, I wouldn't mind tossing money their way like I do with Rift.
  • BroomyBroomy Member UncommonPosts: 487

[mod edit]

UMM...NO.  There is NO LAND.  To state otherwise is blatant false advertising.    Hackers buy up ALL Land and them try to embezzle other players into buying it.  Check the AA forums....people are ADMITTING TO HACKING and TRION has done NOTHING.

To all thinking of buying this game for the sandbox type home ownership who love to craft and want a farm to grow things on...FORGET THIS GAME.  Its a hackers paradise and there is NO LAND at all available.  As I said...its not players looking to own land to play the game...BUT HACKERS looking to rob you.  STAY AWAY.

Also P.S.  THE OP IS CORRECT ON EACH POINT>

Current Games: WOW, EVE Online

Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by Broomy

[mod edit]

UMM...NO.  There is NO LAND.  To state otherwise is blatant false advertising.    Hackers buy up ALL Land and them try to embezzle other players into buying it.  Check the AA forums....people are ADMITTING TO HACKING and TRION has done NOTHING.

To all thinking of buying this game for the sandbox type home ownership who love to craft and want a farm to grow things on...FORGET THIS GAME.  Its a hackers paradise and there is NO LAND at all available.  As I said...its not players looking to own land to play the game...BUT HACKERS looking to rob you.  STAY AWAY.

Hackers???

/tinfoilhat on

I guess everyone in my guild is a hacker - TIL

P.S. There is land in PvP areas - ArcheAge is not supposed to have 100% safe land for all players - by design.

I could care less about YOUR guild...maybe they are hackers too.  READ THE ARCHEAGE forums were people are ADMITTING they hacked buying up land.  Stop promoting this POS game with FALSE ADVERTISING.  Are you some kind of TRION Agent?  I am currently fighting for my refund, money isn't easy to come by.  And again...if this game does not guarantee land for all patrons IT SHOULD STATE SO CLEARLY IN ITS ADVERTISING!  I would have NEVER bought this game if I had know that.  Stop misleading people about this.  Come clean and if people STILL want to give it a shot, then fine, but at least they know the TRUTH.  I have been waiting for a sandbox (other than EVE which I do play) for years.  Very disappointed, but OK I'll live.  However they need to be HONEST and tell people that some of the sandbox elements (owning a home, land etc) will NEVER be available for everyone.  PERIOD.

• Charlie.CheswickCharlie.Cheswick Member UncommonPosts: 469

Heh - I spent $50 on the founder package but got all the trailblazer goods by mistake. Very satisfied.

No need for it myself, but I agree 2 weeks is too long.

Longest queue I've had was 45 mins.... /shrug

Block spammers, problem solved.

PvP anytime you want. Not sure what game you're playing...

No problem finding land. Try the PvP areas.

Call me crazy but I actually enjoy this...

-Chuckles
    Encouraging people to buy land in PVP areas so that guilds (maybe yours) can harrass and bully them into protection money payments.  Dude I play EVE where that crap is part of the game.  I am not looking for it in Archeage.  Boy Bye!

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387

Funny how on pvp OP only mentions 5v5 arenas...

Arenas is not even the main point if pvp in this game. In fact, most people don't even play it for that.

People play this for faction/guild wars, building keeps and sieges, and pirating on high seas.

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131
    Originally posted by aRtFuLThinG

Arenas is not even the main point if pvp in this game. In fact, most people don't even play it for that.

People play this for faction/guild wars, building keeps and sieges, and pirating on high seas.

Is sort of strange isn't  it,,,,,sometimes things are a little bit too obvious , but I really don't care

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713

OP should reword the topic to:

"Why I should not have wasted my time & money on ArcheAge."

Don't presume to tell me what I should or should not do!

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by Dreamo84

Unless he is warning someone like me who is thinking of buying into the game. I appreciate the information he has given me.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• BeastnBeastn Member UncommonPosts: 111
    This game is bad. Generic crapy Asian grinder with shitty f2p implementation. If you spent 170$ on a game in alpha...only person to blame is yourself.
  • sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    Originally posted by Amjoco
    Originally posted by Dreamo84

Unless he is warning someone like me who is thinking of buying into the game. I appreciate the information he has given me.

I agree as well, appreciate the info

• saurus123saurus123 Member UncommonPosts: 678
    Originally posted by aRtFuLThinG

every server is dominated by 1 alliance if your on the other side well bad for you and reroll

pirating? yes its very funny to see a boat and 1 sec later the boat is gone becouse a guy unsummoned it on the middle of the sea

and ofc there are other things like

bots

trade hacks

chat filled with gold spammers

and ofc LP

plus few other minor things