Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

For those of you who already QUIT the Game tell us why?

JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
  Im currently considering quiting at this moment, From the toxic community to what i feel is a horrible korean mmo style grind not really my cup of tea, and although the graphics are decent when you really look at them there is just something lacking, almost dull about them. The ocean is gorgous though but that wears off very fast escpcially when you discover just how lifeless it is.Also the cash shop and Marketplace items will make you bankrupt, This game is HEAVY PAY 2 WIN you have been warned lol Just curious those of you who have already quit this game , why?
  • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

Comments

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    I just feel like I've played the game before.  Quest hubs, mediocre combat, people telling you have to get to a certain level before the game gets good, the usual.  I appreciate what AA is trying to do, and only for that reason do I hope it's a moderate success.  Otherwise, too many basic structures were lacking polish and just weren't fun.  I can't really stand by games that keep giving us the same thing.
  • zzaxzzax Member UncommonPosts: 324

The whole game feels very amateurish and cheap. It doesnt play like AAA title.

Technical:

1. Too much info accessible on client side makes the game too easy to hack (its coded too deeply and will never be fixed).

2. Theres no ability queue (lag compensation), makes the combat clunky, laggy and unfair

3. Very poor optimalization, I have 50 FPS solo, and 5 FPS in raid. Theres too much unnecessary 3D loaded and performance related options are not adjusted on fly: you have to change it manually to use same model for everyone - big lol

Gameplay:

1. Pay2Win - do I need to say more?

2. Imbalanced and completely broken PVP (no DRs on CC, one shotting of perma CC'd targets)

3. Weapon market killed by Hasla, PVP weapons made obsolete

4. Cheating, cheating, cheating... (people are teleporting trade-packs , or exploiting the way through the mountain, 30sec = 6g)

5. Everything gameplay wise is bad, generic and outdated

The only thing I like about this game is graphics and cat race, yep, thats it.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by thunderC
       why?

too generic. I tried to overlook it so i could get to become a pirate and do all the sandbox stuff but i failed to endure the generic content in the first half of the game because they failed to make the first half fun. If your game doesnt hook me from level 1, you are doing it wrong. This is the main reason why i quit. Any other cons the game might have are just extra negative points.

To everyone enjoying the game, have fun. I personally wont put up with generic boring content in order to get to the fun part anymore.

• MavolenceMavolence Member UncommonPosts: 635

I quit before the actual launch for quite a few reasons but the main reason is i found that everything Archeage is trying to do with its pvp content in terms of creating guild wars and politics over trade runs and such EVE just does it better. I found the content miniscule and amateur compared to the pvp depth offered in eve in corp wars,territories,politics,espionage and all that ilk.

edit- I have some issues with the world design layout as well. Also the skateboarding,cars, weird stuff they say is steampunk but is most assuredly not steampunk. Also LP is another top reason, and cash shop/f2p model. Also faction lock races. Also reasons.

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Originally posted by Eir_S
    I just feel like I've played the game before.  Quest hubs, mediocre combat, people telling you have to get to a certain level before the game gets good, the usual.  I appreciate what AA is trying to do, and only for that reason do I hope it's a moderate success.  Otherwise, too many basic structures were lacking polish and just weren't fun.  I can't really stand by games that keep giving us the same thing.

Thats the the thing, I actually played and hit well beyond that lv (30+) that everyone said is the sweet spot and when the game opens up. Its true at that point the 30 lvl tutorial ends and for me, Thats when it become clear just how much time i was going to have to invest in this game to even began what i wanted to achieve.  Im not one for having everything handed to me in a game but ArcheAge is a HUGEEEEE time investment if you really want to progress, And a boring as shit one at that. Ugh PLant farm avoid gankers Plant Farm Avoid gankers zzzzzzz

• Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• TezcatTezcat Member UncommonPosts: 82
    Originally posted by thunderC
      Im currently considering quiting at this moment, From the toxic community to what i feel is a horrible korean mmo style grind not really my cup of tea, and although the graphics are decent when you really look at them there is just something lacking, almost dull about them. The ocean is gorgous though but that wears off very fast escpcially when you discover just how lifeless it is.Also the cash shop and Marketplace items will make you bankrupt, This game is HEAVY PAY 2 WIN you have been warned lol Just curious those of you who have already quit this game , why?

Pay 2 win? You obviously don't know what that term means. If you don't like the game then man up and leave but trying to make feeble excuses just makes you look bad.

You do realize that the long game hasn't even started yet? Some games take longer than 10 days to esablish your character but I guess your not up for that.

Bye.

• proflooneyproflooney Member Posts: 2

i quit because the game is too linear it didnt seems to be an open world sandbox it was advertized at it was all dringing you the same direction with no choices to send off in diferent directions. I hate linear grindfest gameplay

not to mention like said before heavy pay to win. and most guilds dont want you unless you a patron player so with a community geared towards pay to win not worth it.

I dont mind patronizing a game if its worth patronizing but this one definately isnt

• xenoracexenorace Member UncommonPosts: 205

-I dislike the community. Turned all chat off on the first day I logged in to play.

-WAY to many restrictions on what you can do as a free player. (remember free players WILL spend money if they feel its a sound investment. These restrictions make exploring what the game has to offer way to difficult, thus limiting players to actually want to invest money.

-Really boring PvE mechanics. I can handle an RNG tab target MMO, but this one feel dull.

-LP system is a joke. Since 2002 I have been playing MMOs, and this is the first time (to my knowledge) I have ever seen anything like this...I don't like it. I get the concept, but it's poorly placed and overused. If you want to charge LP for doing anything labor intensive, I get that (outside of combat) but placing all loot dropped behind the LP system is the most alien idea of any MMO I have ever played.

-Some of the art style I dislike.

I did however like the overall graphics quality. Ran very well and was not so bad to look at.

S.C.I.F.I
    <Sights, Clouded, In, False, Illusions>

• OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,517

From the biggest reason I quit to the least:

1) It's P2W, it really is. If I'm looking for a F2P game, it better be F2P.

2) Questing/PvE there's a lot better, more fun question & PvE elsewhere.

3) Weird UI, kind of like GW2s.

4) Animations are a bit odd, combat/movement/mounting feels clunky.

5) The community is horrible, even if you check some of the forum posts here, it's just not that great.

I could add some more but they aren't that important, those three are the main reason I uninstalled this game.

When all is said and done, more is always said than done.
  • angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,259
    I'm happy with the game. If I were too leave any time soon it would be because of queues and server downtime.
  • TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

Doing basic and boring quests hub chain up to lvl 30 and some gardneing in the between to see that lvl 30 are not that fun to begin with.

kuddos to all who enjoy this game, to be honest I dont see it.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by Eir_S

This was my experience, as well. 

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• ZenIrishChaiZenIrishChai Member UncommonPosts: 527

I lost all patience with the terrible mechanics, cheap UI, boring quests, restrictions imposed by labor pots, the amount of people I had to block, and all the chat channels I had to turn off due to all the childish idiots in this game. I don't play MMOs to avoid and ignore the community, and I don't play any game solo that is this poorly designed.

• pondicherypondichery Member UncommonPosts: 2
    Really wanted to like this game, archeum pack, played until level 35, house, farms and clipper but at the end, it´s a complete pay to win and i hate this: buy Apex in cash shop/site -> sell in Game for Gold (at this time around 75 gold !), rinse and repeat and buy everything you want in the game.
  • pantaropantaro Member RarePosts: 515
    I refuse to support trion as a company,I have many issues with the way they do business.
  • JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    This game isn't for everyone. Please leave quietly and let us have our fun.
    Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • Squeak69Squeak69 Member UncommonPosts: 959

i dont have all the answers here but a few toekns would be,

grapichs over astetics.

very gankfest style PvP ( yes i know lets not argue about this subject here)

limited amount of land for purchase

and in the end the same problem with all sandbox style games, it gets boring fast

sorry but its true everyone looks down on theme park MMOs these days butt sandbox game are just empty at laucnh normally and boreing till they get built up, and with the turn and burn way people play now they never have enough time to get that built up.

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage
    Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    That's funny because I thought people have been telling us why for the last 6 months for so...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • Squeak69Squeak69 Member UncommonPosts: 959
    Originally posted by DamonVile
    That's funny because I thought people have been telling us why for the last 6 months for so...

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage
    Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Originally posted by pondichery
    Really wanted to like this game, archeum pack, played until level 35, house, farms and clipper but at the end, it´s a complete pay to win and i hate this: buy Apex in cash shop/site -> sell in Game for Gold (at this time around 75 gold !), rinse and repeat and buy everything you want in the game.

It is true that if you wanted to dump a lot of money on the game, you could buy stuff. But does anyone do it in reality? Certainly not on a massive scale. This is no more pay to win than games like EVE or Guild Wars 2. In those games you can again exchange real money for in-game currency.

I notice a lot of the people in this thread are complaining about F2P restrictions. Well, if you are playing the game without subbing then you are better off playing something else. This game is not playable without a sub in my opnion.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• BattlerockBattlerock Member CommonPosts: 1,393

I'm throwing in the white flag now.

I liked the game, but I don't like tweaking my pc and optimizing it for one game every other day. I have had days where I can play and days when I can not, ever since yesterdays update, it is crashing every 10 - 20 minutes now. Archeage is the only game that does that to my pc. I have ran dx9,dx10,dx,11, updated bios, windows, gpu ... and yes I even turned off my antivirus for a minute, tweaked in game settings to lowest quality .... 

8gb ram 

I7 4790K

GTX 660

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 motherboard

Win 8.1

750 watt psu

When I can play it looks beautiful on screen, and really my system should eat this game up like it's nothing, but that's not the case, I have no temp issues, and like I said this is the only game that does this. 

So at this point in time, I'm just going to put it down, I may come back or maybe not. Would have been cool to start trading, and be a part of everything that's going on, especially on the server and getting to know everyone, but hey no sweat, I have a ton of other games to play as well.

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Generic asian game MMO no. 15635.
    Sub-par graphics.
    Dull world.
    Dated game design.
    ArchMage - basically no melee choice.
    Lack of content.
    Uninspiring combat.

The game is just bland and lacks quality compared to western titles.

• oldschoolpunkoldschoolpunk Member Posts: 281

Im still playing but on the brink of stopping.  Im at level 15 right now.

The biggest problems I can see are:

Crafting:  You have to craft 1 million different things to make anything substantial.  The amount of mats you need are ludicrous.  It really feels like a grind rather than fun.

farms:  It feels the same as some R2 games farming system.  Put stuff in a straight line, go to the next straight line and plant more....wait a long time and pick.  I don't think it's just AA, I think it's farming in general is boring as a turd.

These are the things I was looking forward to, not really the PVP so do I have the right to complain?  Yes....this game was supposed to offer sandbox options and those options are not at all appealing.

Before the PVP'ers start ranting about open pvp being sandbox, it's not...Open PVP is a guaranteed curse on any game.

• zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796

Pvp type game will bring very bad community in to the game, as people just like power and they will kick you to the side for it.

And people hope for a real free to play game there are some but not to updated as lack of funds just to keep it going with no Major updates.

But more and fast content cost money,  people will leave anyhow so there no win win on this one in how fast people eat up content thats not grind base.