Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blog #103: Comprehensive Schedule Update (Early Enrollment = 30th October)

MumboJumboMumboJumbo Member UncommonPosts: 3,219

Comprehensive Schedule Update

Early Enrollment = 30th October

Early Enrollment Begins on October 30th

We are rescheduling the start of Early Enrollment for Thursday October 30th. During the period between now and the start of Early Enrollment the team is going to complete a number of tasks which will improve the stability of the server and the client, polish several existing features already in the Alpha, extend the account management system with new features, and complete work on several back office tools for customer service and live operations management.

We're focused on making the start of Early Enrollment an awesome expierence for our customers.

PvP Updates and Rescheduling War of Towers

We are also going to move the start of the War of Towers forward to keep the same timing as we described in our previous update about this feature. War of Towers will be deployed 2 weeks after the start of Early Enrollment, on Thursday November 13th.

We are not sure yet when the PvP Updates previously described will be deployed. They will be in the game no later than the deployment of the War of Towers, but they may be deployed with Early Enrollment on the 30th. We will provide more guidance about this feature when we've decided what the best timing for its deployment will be.

Both the PvP Update and the War of Towers will begin testing on Zog, our test server, in September. We will be updating the community about how that testing will be conducted and who will have access to Zog (and how to access it) it a future blog.

Our Thanks to the Community

We're deeply appreciative of the support the community has shown over the past several weeks as we've moved through the end stages of Alpha Testing. We know that it is frustrating to be expecting to start play on a certain date and then have the game release be rescheduled.

Starting a new MMO is a really, really hard task. At every stage we've tried to do our best to estimate our remaining workload and our ability to execute on that task list to hit our target dates. This is a very large, very complex engineering task and there are a lot of unknowns and uncertainties in the process which make such estimates always subject to to change.

In the push to get to Early Enrollment this Thursday we have put some excessive stress on our team and they've really gone above and beyond the call trying to get all the tasks on our checklists complete to hit this week's deadline. We need to pull back from that pace for a bit

Comments

• iridescenceiridescence Member UncommonPosts: 1,552

Good move. It is good they aren't charging for  the game  out before it is ready just to make a bit of extra cash. even with "minimal viable product" it is important that what is released makes a decent impression. Shows the integrity the Goblinworks people have.

• MumboJumboMumboJumbo Member UncommonPosts: 3,219

Originally posted by iridescence

Good move. It is good they aren't charging for  the game  out before it is ready just to make a bit of extra cash. even with "minimal viable product" it is important that what is released makes a decent impression. Shows the integrity the Goblinworks people have.

Agree, this is much more positive decision. Also the "nearly released" gets me gee'd up to get my computer ready on time now. image

I think ensuring the WOT addition follows fairly smartly after EE launch is kinda necessary too. The MVP idea does need to be at least fairly well polished even if it's a lot smaller is important too. There's bound to be a lot of bugs and so on to keep GW tourniqueting (!) too without having to band-aid additional MVP features post-launch.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983

Yes, the delay is a good thing.  Wish they hadn't announced a date and just gave themselves time to get things right.. the combat alone needs a ton of work.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018