Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GAUNTLET is upon us!!

That's right kids!  Forget ArcheAge, forget TESO, FireFall, WildStar, LoTro, SW:TOR, GW2, FF14:ARR, WoW, D3, ect, ect ...  Gauntlet is unlocking in 2 hours 30 minutes (13:00 PM EST)  !!!      

wOOOOOOOOOOt~!    imageimageimageimage

Comments

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    Awesome!  Just ordered!
  • KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

Half of these clowns never even played Gauntlet, and would have no idea what an arcade was unless you took the time to explain it to them - at which point they would respond that having to bring quarters to play is too much effort.

I'm pumped though, and I'm sure most old school dudes are as well.

• punkindonutspunkindonuts Member UncommonPosts: 13

Looking forward to it, it will give me something to play while im waiting in Queueage.

I hope I can still hold down symbol shift and walk through the walls like I could when I used to play Gauntlet on the ZX Spectrum image

• BattlerockBattlerock Member CommonPosts: 1,393
    My brother in law and I used to play Gauntlet all day. My friends and I just bought Xbox ones, so I have access to 4 native controllers for pc now too, looks like I will be setting up my pc in the living room for some couch Co op, going to be good fun. I won't be forgetting ArcheAge though :-)
  • KazuhiroKazuhiro Member UncommonPosts: 607
    While I'm sure it would be a blast, there is no way I could get 4 friends to play at the same time these days. And it just wouldn't be guantlet without a full party of 4 like back in the arcade.

To find an intelligent person in a PUG is not that rare, but to find a PUG made up of "all" intelligent people is one of the rarest phenomenons in the known universe.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Originally posted by Kost

Half of these clowns never even played Gauntlet, and would have no idea what an arcade was unless you took the time to explain it to them - at which point they would respond that having to bring quarters to play is too much effort.

I discovered Gauntlet in college as there was a console in our student union. Many a late night did we traipse across campus, quarters jingling in our pockets so that we could play a few games.

This should be fun.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    cant wait ! :D , wizard all the way!
  • KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975
    Originally posted by Sovrath
    Originally posted by Kost

I discovered Gauntlet in college as there was a console in our student union. Many a late night did we traipse across campus, quarters jingling in our pockets so that we could play a few games.

This should be fun.

I like you more and more with every post you make.

/tiphat

• RateroRatero Member UncommonPosts: 440

I ordered a 4pack from Steam and gave a copy to my 85 year old mother and my two sisters.  When I downloaded the game I tried to use the keyboard... What a mistake that was...  I then tried to use our PS2 controller and it would on work at all.  I tried to download some software that would allow the controller to work but so far it still will not work properly.  I'm going to head to Wal-Mart and pick up a new PS4 controller in the hopes it will work.

Anyone ele have this problem?

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910
    Originally posted by Ratero

I ordered a 4pack from Steam and gave a copy to my 85 year old mother and my two sisters.  When I downloaded the game I tried to use the keyboard... What a mistake that was...  I then tried to use our PS2 controller and it would on work at all.  I tried to download some software that would allow the controller to work but so far it still will not work properly.  I'm going to head to Wal-Mart and pick up a new PS4 controller in the hopes it will work.

Anyone ele have this problem?

It may be expecting a native PC controller, so picking up a Logitech controller shaped like a Sony controller might work better than picking up an actual Sony controller.  That or an XBox type controller might work better.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• RateroRatero Member UncommonPosts: 440

I did not even think about a Logitech controller.  That may be exactly what I'm looking for.

Thanks.

Ratero.

• ElmberryElmberry Member UncommonPosts: 195

I played the game yesterday evening. The mouse+keyboard doesn't work "at all" for the Wizard. It feels almost like you trigger random spells. I hope they solve it soon when you can bind the spells to buttons you like. However the other classes worked fine with the keyboard+mouse.

Yesterday when I played I thought I would just play for a few hours, but all time when I died I thought...

"Just one more game! Just one more game!"

"Yeah! Why not. I can come to the work little later tomorrow. Just one more game."

I quit playing, not because I needed food badly, but more because I needed to go to the work... :)