Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tunare Is Dead

13»

Comments

• DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 21,550
    Originally posted by Ganksinatra

Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by Dreamo84
    Didn't people kill all the gods all the time in EQ1? Pretty sure gods getting killed by scrubs is nothing new.

Players killed gods avatars - never gods themselves.

Untrue. To begin with, this was true. Then Planes of Power came out. And we were slaughtering gods.

Then post plane of power the same gods were still alive in different planes of existence - because as one Dev said they were truly immortal in eq1.

But whatever - it's a game if you want to believe you killed gods why do they keep coming back to life?

Gameplay mechanics - how did the devs explain those???
    Just say - infinite avatars and say EQ1 gods exist in multiple dimensions and can never be killed.

• TelondarielTelondariel Member Posts: 1,001
    Originally posted by Markusrind
    Originally posted by Phry

logic is pathetic, or is that more a case of, if you can't counter an argument then you insult someone instead, hardly furthers your own argument does it, how about instead of just trying to be insulting, you actually answer the argument.

Personally i don't have much faith in SOE's ability to deliver the features they are promising, if they prove me wrong then all to the good, but until then, i will remain sceptical,  and it would not surprise me at all if they do fail to deliver on all this so called 'emergent' gameplay, all i see is just more scripting incoming, but lets see if they manage to even handle that better than its done in other games already image

I didn't insult the person but the logic being used. If you want you can break down anything into the argument "oh but it is all just a series of 0's and 1's". Hell that argument can be used logically to explain how we work which was my point. It is a pathetic argument to use.

As for answering the argument, been done many times in many threads at many times but always ignored. Not my fault.

Best answers you can get are the lore panels, recent AI conference discussions, Storybricks discussions etc.

The information is out there, but some people are just so lazy they will deny everything or simplify the argument down to ones and zeroes rather then actually take the time and effort to become educated.

Actually, you were quite insulting.  Even if you didn't like him criticizing your favorite game, he was still correct.  There isn't anything magical about the AI.  The characters aren't "alive".  Storybricks simply allows for an easier and more in-depth action-->reaction set of variables.  It's still heavily scripted.  No need to get bent out of shape.

• RoguewizRoguewiz Member UncommonPosts: 695

I'm going to play this game with the understanding that it isn't the Everquest that I know.  It is new and different.  The Devs have said consistently that this is a different Everquest with different Lore.  Is it Everquest?  Yes.  Is it in Norrath?  Yes.  Will you see some other elements that you've seen in the other Everquest games?  Yes.

That is where the similarities stop.  The Story is different.  Period.  End of Story.  That means certain things will not please people, like Tunare.  Who cares if she died.  They'll probably have a nice story arc to learn it in game.  You can always RP your character as worshipping a dead god.

Now, imagine if they corrupted her, killed Innoruk, and made her the new god of Hate :P.  Now THAT would be cool :p

(runs for cover)

Raquelis in various games
    Played: Everything
    Playing: League of Legends, anything Dark Souls-like, Hearthstone, DDO
    Wants: The World
    Anticipating: Everquest Next Crowfall, Pantheon

Tank - Healer - Support: The REAL Trinity
  • sgtalonsgtalon Member UncommonPosts: 129

With the crap MMO's that have come out for the last 5-10 years, why in the world would anyone care if some random NPC from a previous game isn't in?

I just want an MMO that is engaging, and deep, with lots for me to do. I am sick of the themepark, everyone does the same thing, same quests,  same equipment, same look, same storylines... 

I hope EQN delivers, but I get the impression that it might not. There just aren't any games that are scratching my MMO itch anymore. 

• TelondarielTelondariel Member Posts: 1,001
    Originally posted by sgtalon

With the crap MMO's that have come out for the last 5-10 years, why in the world would anyone care if some random NPC from a previous game isn't in?

I just want an MMO that is engaging, and deep, with lots for me to do. I am sick of the themepark, everyone does the same thing, same quests,  same equipment, same look, same storylines... 

I hope EQN delivers, but I get the impression that it might not. There just aren't any games that are scratching my MMO itch anymore. 

I'm pretty much in the same boat.  I would have loved to have seen the iteration of EQ3 they originally had, the one that really got people excited, rather than what they are doing now.  They just seem to be chasing the tails of what a couple popular games are doing rather than sticking to the roots of what EQ is (was).  *shrug*  I guess we'll see.

I will check it out.  I've waited far too long to not do that.  Will it grab me?  I really hope so, but my faith in the current management of SOE isn't that high.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member EpicPosts: 7,766
    Its a re-imagining of the EQ universe. A parallel universe and IMO its much needed. If the writers dont mix it up in a large way we will be very board when we get there and know everything. If they just change the little things, where will the big plot twits come from? Major events need to be very different. In this, I say WTG SoE. They have said the gods will take a back seat in this game compared to the other EQ games. I hope they are nothing by myths myself. 

This discussion has been closed.