Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Poll] Which pvp oriented sandbox mmo are you waiting for?

maccarthur2004maccarthur2004 Member UncommonPosts: 511
A Poll.

Comments

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

only Life is Feudal

ArcheAge looking good & very interesting but I hate asian shiny graphic,it is reason why I am not interested for that game

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

Kingdoms Under Fire 2

Looking forward to the beta.

• forcelimaforcelima Member UncommonPosts: 232

Gloria Victis

• Ex0dUs101Ex0dUs101 Member UncommonPosts: 273
    Other - The Repopulation
  • KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072
    Where's all the upcoming sci-fi sandbox titles? There's a bunch of them under development but none on that list.
  • maccarthur2004maccarthur2004 Member UncommonPosts: 511
    Originally posted by Ex0dUs101
    Other - The Repopulation

Althought having much pvp, The Repopulation seens not to be so "pvp centric" like the mmos listed on the poll.

Or maybe its pvp is so "light" to my refined tastes. :D

A good thing (a novelty) in Life Is Feudal and Camelot Unchained is the virtual or complete absency of pve.

In these 2 mmos (still more in CU), nobody will have to pve. There will be not forced pve on us. :D

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Other. The Repopulation.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770
    Originally posted by maccarthur2004
    Other - The Repopulation

Althought having much pvp, The Repopulation seens not to be so "pvp centric" like the mmos listed on the poll.

Or maybe its pvp is so "light" to my refined tastes. :D

Other: The Repopulation

Did you know there is going to be a hardcore rule set which has different game mechanics specifically designed for PVP?

• BlackLotusDragonBlackLotusDragon Member Posts: 33

Other - I'm looking forward to the survival fantasy Trials of Ascension. It has a combination of features I think will really stress player co-operation and community which is something I feel is missing in a lot of PvP-centric games.

They just released a video on their Dynamic Spawning system an hour or so ago for anyone interested in seeing their progress (pre-alpha)

From this poll, the carebears are around 30% in this forum. I thought  the percentage were bigger.

• MithrailMithrail Member Posts: 21
    To be fair, I'm not sure either of these would really become the next "king", but I sincerely hope the devs prove me wrong. I just don't want to get my hopes up and instead I expect a lot of buggy games. The ones which I really want to turn out good are - Black Desert, ArcheAge ( although the tab targeting ... it's been done to death already, come on), Kingdoms Under Fire 2 and last but not least, Trials of Ascension. PvP and the chances to impact and create an amazing society - bring it on ( and if anyone knows any sci-fi themed, I'd love to know them, as sci-fi is something lacking in the MMO genre).
    One of them is already live (ArcheAge). Still 4 or 5 more to come. 

• jacker1991jacker1991 Member UncommonPosts: 191
    One of them is already live (ArcheAge). Still 4 or 5 more to come. 

Will start hemorrhaging people as they start hitting Lvl 50 and face the harsh reality of such a game.

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,547

The Repopulation

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• KuviskiKuviski Member UncommonPosts: 215
    Shards Online and Pathfinder Online would be my first priorities, but Camelot Unchained doesn't seem horrible either. I'm just not that big into the RvR thing personally.
  • zzaxzzax Member UncommonPosts: 324
    Other - The Repopulation

The Repopulation seens not to be so "pvp centric" like the mmos listed on the poll.

Then Archeage shouldnt be on list either.

• QuirhidQuirhid Member UncommonPosts: 6,230
    I banish you, necrothread!

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    none. I don't like pvp oriented sandbox mmos.
  • BenediktBenedikt Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

From this poll, the carebears are around 30% in this forum. I thought  the percentage were bigger.

you are kidding, right?

do you think that when you name a topic "Which pvp oriented sandbox mmo are you waiting for.", normal person who doesnt wait for any will visit it and vote?

• jmcdermottukjmcdermottuk Member RarePosts: 1,571
    Originally posted by Benedikt

you are kidding, right?

do you think that when you name a topic "Which pvp oriented sandbox mmo are you waiting for.", normal person who doesnt wait for any will visit it and vote?

I have to agree, most people not interested in a pvp centric mmo won't even read the thread.

On a side note, is CU really a sandbox? I don't remember it ever being called one, just that it's a pvp game with very little or no pve.

• MalasorteMalasorte Member UncommonPosts: 56
    none of the ones listed .. i saw some ppl calling some games i also wait but none spoke of Albion Online
  • MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Life is Feudal and Camelot Unchained

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• VarossVaross Moderator UncommonPosts: 11,414
    Please do not necro old threads.
    To give feedback on moderation, please contact [email protected]
This discussion has been closed.