Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Preview] General: Transverse: Piranha Games Opens the Space Sandbox

Comments

• Arch280Arch280 Member Posts: 9
    I can't run starcitizen or elite dangerouse on my older computer but PGI made the cry engine in MWO run well enough to play on my crappy computer. I think PGI deserves credit as a good PC game developing company. Let them make more PC games. I don't want to buy console games for uniquely designed games. More crowd funding less publisher's is great for game design freedom! although publisher's do allow new designs because guild wars 2 is very different than the traditional mmo model. Maybe PGI can get the publisher that helped GW2 come into existence?
  • DatawarlockDatawarlock Member Posts: 338
    Originally posted by Arch280
    I can't run starcitizen or elite dangerouse on my older computer but PGI made the cry engine in MWO run well enough to play on my crappy computer. I think PGI deserves credit as a good PC game developing company. Let them make more PC games. I don't want to buy console games for uniquely designed games. More crowd funding less publisher's is great for game design freedom! although publisher's do allow new designs because guild wars 2 is very different than the traditional mmo model. Maybe PGI can get the publisher that helped GW2 come into existence?

It's not the devs or the publisher that's the problem there. It's that you're too cheap/poor/whatever to upgrade your system. Markets push ahead, standing still will only get you left behind.

• WylfWylf Member UncommonPosts: 376
    Originally posted by meataxe
    what the hell? $500,000 to fund.  Are we gamers that gullible, ...  We sure have fuc..ked our selves into a corner now with all these bu..lls..hit crowd funding strategies.

Many good comments so far. meataxe sums it up.

No quests, no NPC's, no enemies and "if a player doesn't make it, it doesn't exist" I have one of those MMO's already, it's called a pad of paper and a pencil.

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    I think CCP lawyers will be keeping an eye on this one.
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • OniDaimyo77OniDaimyo77 Member CommonPosts: 30
    And why should I play this instead of Star Citizen? It sounds a lot like that game in how it plays.
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    Originally posted by Stuka1000
    Nice vision, will never succeed.  When there are very loose rules or no rules at all then the game just becomes a griefers paradise, and when that happens the game ends up being niche at best or more commonly forgotten by the wayside along with all the others.  The cold reception with the attempted crowdfunding says it all really.

Totally this,leave it all up to the players lol. No thank you. Deos anyone remember Face of Mankind.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by Wylf
    what the hell? $500,000 to fund.  Are we gamers that gullible, ...  We sure have fuc..ked our selves into a corner now with all these bu..lls..hit crowd funding strategies.

No quests, no NPC's, no enemies and "if a player doesn't make it, it doesn't exist" I have one of those MMO's already, it's called a pad of paper and a pencil.

That quote should be changed to "If a player doesn't fund it, it doesn't exist"

• umcorianumcorian Member UncommonPosts: 519

I want to like the concept but the last thing we need is another Space Sandbox. I mean, what's their pitch: "You see those NPCs that are in EVE that play a completely minimal role. GONE in ours." 

• suckm3suckm3 Member UncommonPosts: 187
    what the hell? $500,000 to fund.  Are we gamers that gullible, that we would allow these nobodies 'pirahana'  to try to gouge us half a million dollars without a second thought.  We sure have fuc..ked our selves into a corner now with all these bu..lls..hit crowd funding strategies.

Well said. Also kinda bad that some idiotic players noticed it so late :P

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”? -Albert Einstein 

"The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn. After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that neither does the ability to write.
    So if you notice that I'm no longer answering your nonsense, stop trying... because you just joined my block list.

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926

it has PvE, just like Eve has PvE

and the universe will be player driven  like in Eve

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926
    Originally posted by OniDaimyo77
    And why should I play this instead of Star Citizen? It sounds a lot like that game in how it plays.

Because Transverse is a true player run sandbox, not a NPC run game

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,396

Doesn't look like the magic sandbox faerie sprinkled any pixie dust on this one.

I guess it saves money on writing up a world or campaign.....

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• ThorqemadaThorqemada Member UncommonPosts: 1,282

Link to the Transverse Homepage:
    https://transversegame.com/

I have my Money in MWO, Elite, Star Citizen and Wasteland - i do not bother about Transverse except the possible interferences into MWO development.

"Torquemada... do not implore him for compassion. Torquemada... do not beg him for forgiveness. Torquemada... do not ask him for mercy. Let's face it, you can't Torquemada anything!"

MWO Music Video - What does the Mech say: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF6HYNqCDLI
    Johnny Cash - The Man Comes Around: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0x2iwK0BKM

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by Wylf

I think there's a big difference between that and a world populated by real people. There are a lot of people out there that want a game that isn't populated by NPCs and spend their day doing jobs for people that don't really exist and never make anything with the quest items you turn into them.

I'm not advocating backing this game, but the idea behind it does sound appealing. I just don't trust this company to be able to follow through.

• PrecursorPrecursor Member UncommonPosts: 150

Holy cash grab Batman!

Looks like a cheap ripoff of what two other studios are doing.

The whales have already sunk their money into Star Citizen.

Elite is almost in Beta 2 now and very playable.

EVE still lurks.

No Man's Sky is on a somewhat distant horizon.

Umm..... Best of luck to them I guess....

• grimfallgrimfall Member UncommonPosts: 1,153
    Originally posted by Stuka1000
    Nice vision, will never succeed.  When there are very loose rules or no rules at all then the game just becomes a griefers paradise, and when that happens the game ends up being niche at best or more commonly forgotten by the wayside along with all the others.  The cold reception with the attempted crowdfunding says it all really.

Not sure there is much demand for Eve Online2.

• EnikEnik Member UncommonPosts: 99

Seems like a potentially cool concept but the lack of structure tells me that it won't work very well. Right now EVE is controlled by a few powerful entities, so null and even lowsec is pretty dead. And everyone is in highsec is doing nothing but griefing and ganking.

I don't know, it sounds too much like Entropia meets EVE and frankly I don't think that's a good thing...

• IXJacIXJac Member UncommonPosts: 13

To those saying Transverse is failing due to the market having been gobbled up by SC and E:D, there's actually been plenty of other space games crowdfunded on Kickstarter, including a couple being crowdfunded right this instant.

"Flagship" started crowdfunding around the same time as Transverse and has made over $40,000 in five days. "Reassembly" is at $22,000.  Those aren't SC or E:D numbers, but they're still much better than Transverse is doing - and Transverse has the benefit of all the press attention, with mentions on a dozen gaming sites.

No, the problem is that no one trusts PGI to make the game.

• sethman75sethman75 Member UncommonPosts: 212

I hope this fails for one reason.

Devs should not make any money if they create no content.

Simple as that.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Eve works because it has NPCs and semi safe areas.  Not having them makes the game a gank fest which soon ends up with low population servers.

This format will not work and that has been proven time and time again.  How dense does a developer have to be?

• Drunk-fuDrunk-fu Member UncommonPosts: 133
    K, but what makes this rpg?
  • ChromeBallzChromeBallz Member UncommonPosts: 342

It's Piranha.....

Mopar63 echoes my feelings about this. MWO is an unmitigated disaster unless you like a shooter that doesn't have much to do with the license it's based on and like to spend a lot of cash for meaningless content. 

I seriously doubt that Transverse is anything but an attempt to ride the Elite/SC hypetrain by implying that it's a 'true MMO' version of those games. Even if it did get funded, this concept plus Piranha's history of mistreating their own games would make sure it crashed and burned in less time than it takes you to say 'Black Prophecy'.

Playing: WF
    Played: WoW, GW2, L2, WAR, AoC, DnL (2005), GW, LotRO, EQ2, TOR, CoH (RIP), STO, TSW, TERA, EVE, ESO, BDO
    Tried: EQ, UO, AO, EnB, TCoS, Fury, Ryzom, EU, DDO, TR, RF, CO, Aion, VG, DN, Vindictus, AA

• BuddyDudeBuddyDude Member UncommonPosts: 52
    I smell another scam coming.  Caveat Emptor!
  • BuddyDudeBuddyDude Member UncommonPosts: 52
    Originally posted by Datawarlock

you're too cheap/poor/whatever to upgrade your system. 

Ahh yes the classic: attack the player. 

• DatawarlockDatawarlock Member Posts: 338
    Originally posted by BuddyDude
    Originally posted by Datawarlock

you're too cheap/poor/whatever to upgrade your system. 

Ahh yes the classic: attack the player. 

Forum PvP is fun, no?