Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tunare Is Dead

ChrysaorChrysaor Member UncommonPosts: 111

For those who believed Sony could not stray further off course, they recently made it known that Tunare is dead.  Apparently dying to a roving band of chaos magic monsters in the Kithicor Forest.  Her blood then helped corrupt the forest from which undead spawned.

This of course is entirely an outrage and runs counter to everything we know about Tunare.  Dying to some random mobs and then having her blood corrupt the forest is just so lame.  Add this to what appears to be a game designed for young children playing on their PS4 consoles and you have an incoming disaster of an MMO.

There appears to be nothing about Everquest Next that would ever give one the experience of playing Everquest.  And for that I am truly saddened.

If you feel like making your thoughts known, the link below will take you to the discussion on their official forums:

https://forums.station.sony.com/everquestnext/index.php?threads/tunare-is-dead.465/

Comments

• InfantryonlineInfantryonline Member Posts: 113
    Thousands of peoples' jobs depend on if you like their game or not and you also ruin the economy by being just negative for the sake of it. Noone has any idea of that in the scope of things...

...That's essentially what being smug is. Acting like you're so blatantly right that even the thought of someone disagreeing with you is appallingly stupid and comical. you have a good chance of bullying them into believing you.

• AlleinAllein Member RarePosts: 2,139

"Tunare who?" says the person running around EQN with zero experience with previous games.

Guess the names and what not of iconic things still being around in lands, items, races, classes, skills, lore etc isn't going to bring back memories for those that played previous games?

EQ2 was nothing like EQ, nor was EQOA like either. Crazy how that works. Be it different time lines, universes, or whatever random thing, these aren't the same games. EQN is not EQ, plain and simple.

They gave the list of Gods a long time ago and Tunare wasn't included, which to me is more off putting then having her life/death be part of the history of EQN.

Hopefully we see more of the missing come to life in some form in EQN. 

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999
    Originally posted by Chrysaor

For those who believed Sony could not stray further off course, they recently made it known that Tunare is dead.  Apparently dying to a roving band of chaos magic monsters in the Kithicor Forest.  Her blood then helped corrupt the forest from which undead spawned.

This of course is entirely an outrage and runs counter to everything we know about Tunare.  Dying to some random mobs and then having her blood corrupt the forest is just so lame.  Add this to what appears to be a game designed for young children playing on their PS4 consoles and you have an incoming disaster of an MMO.

There appears to be nothing about Everquest Next that would ever give one the experience of playing Everquest.  And for that I am truly saddened.

If you feel like making your thoughts known, the link below will take you to the discussion on their official forums:

https://forums.station.sony.com/everquestnext/index.php?threads/tunare-is-dead.465/

in eq1 i killed her with my guild a bunch of times, along with the other inhabitants of PoG

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    Originally believed Tunare was a designer/develper working on the game.  The post was meant to convey all is lost because this important person working on EQ Next is gone. Of course, as soon as I read the post I laughed at how ridiculous it was.  I love these forums.
  • SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257
    Didn't have any hopes left anyway. Being able to dig holes does not compensate the rest of crappiness SOE seems to be so excited of.
    Since we are on the topic of Freedom. Aren't you restricting peoples freedoms to where they can't criticize certain actions on principles because we have to allow in negativity "for the sake of it" but you are allowing to destroy a game in an economy that relies on good word of mouth? This isn't how society works. Step outside the bubble.

...That's essentially what being smug is. Acting like you're so blatantly right that even the thought of someone disagreeing with you is appallingly stupid and comical. you have a good chance of bullying them into believing you.

Originally posted by Infantryonline
    Since we are on the topic of Freedom. Aren't you restricting peoples freedoms to where they can't criticize certain actions on principles because we have to allow in negativity "for the sake of it" but you are allowing to destroy a game in an economy that relies on good word of mouth? This isn't how society works. Step outside the bubble.

In my opinion fanboism does much more harm than criticism. I'm not negative for the sake of it but because EQN looks like a GW2 spin off kiddie game. So far SOE hasn't shown anything interesting but that's just my personal opinion.

Originally posted by Siug

In my opinion fanboism does much more harm than criticism. I'm not negative for the sake of it but because EQN looks like a GW2 spin off kiddie game. So far SOE hasn't shown anything interesting but that's just my personal opinion.

No it doesn't. Im not promoting something that's shit. Otherwise i wouldn't even bother. Storybricks, the brand of Everquest is not going to do good because it is simply payed to much attention to? Sony has shown TONS of interesting stuff! Pay attention to everything. This stuff is good! The combat is REALLY interesting! the mechanics are better than single player Elder Scrolls. THis is a can't MISS!

(...Hopefully that worked)

• DatawarlockDatawarlock Member Posts: 338

No it doesn't. Im not promoting something that's shit. Otherwise i wouldn't even bother. Storybricks, the brand of Everquest is not going to do good because it is simply payed to much attention to? Sony has shown TONS of interesting stuff! Pay attention to everything. This stuff is good! The combat is REALLY interesting! the mechanics are better than single player Elder Scrolls. THis is a can't MISS!

Failed.

There's been very little of the GAMEPLAY shown. SOE has spent more time relying on people like you that will covet a lump of coal solely because with enough pressure it COULD become a diamond, but how far they stick it up your ass for the attempt will still have to be seen.

• AlleinAllein Member RarePosts: 2,139
     EQN looks like a GW2 spin off kiddie game. So far SOE hasn't shown anything interesting but that's just my personal opinion.

Really wish I could find the "mature" games out there. Try as I do, every one seems like it was designed for a younger generation, almost like these are games to have fun in for all ages.

Of course I don't mind you supporting something you are interested in, I'm just expressing my own opinions here. I was quite hyped about EQN until SOE revealed it. After that I started to lose interest very quickly. Maybe I was expecting EQ3. I liked both EQ and EQ2 but for me personally EQN looks like a game for the console generation.
  • evilizedevilized Member UncommonPosts: 576

oh look, it's this stupid argument again.

incoming 30 pages of how EQN isn't innovative and is terrible because "cartoony" from camp #1; counter pointed by camp #2 explaining, in great detail, exactly what is innovative and good about what SOE is doing just to be ignored by camp #1.

back and forth, around we go, this is the mmorpg.com forum merry-go-round of tears.

Originally posted by Datawarlock

Failed.

There's been very little of the GAMEPLAY shown. SOE has spent more time relying on people like you that will covet a lump of coal solely because with enough pressure it COULD become a diamond, but how far they stick it up your ass for the attempt will still have to be seen.

This is next gen. Get it through your head! If you don't know fucking learn. Theres tons of material out there that would blow your mind if you had one. This is better than anything ive ever heard of attempted. They made leaps and bounds over ALL games in general with the possibilities. Theres like a MILLION possibities in combat builds and actual tactical replay value. 10,000 hours of unscripted AI. Look at the document of design. They changed EVERYTHING. You're complaining about having to sit and wait? And you criticize me? w..t...f...

^^^^^^

This is your brain on the billions of dollars spent yearly on marketing.

Any questions?

Failed.

This is next gen. Get it through your head! If you don't know fucking learn. Theres tons of material out there that would blow your mind if you had one. This is better than anything ive ever heard of attempted. They made leaps and bounds over ALL games in general with the possibilities. Theres like a MILLION possibities in combat builds and actual tactical replay value. 10,000 hours of unscripted AI. Look at the document of design. They changed EVERYTHING. You're complaining about having to sit and wait? And you criticize me? w..t...f...

Critical thinking means that you don't take dev talk aka complete bullshit as facts. If they make a great game, then we all win. But so far they have made tons of promises and that's it. 

Dev: "Permanent change". player: "Bullshit". Dev: "We're adding 40 classes with each class borrowing secondary abilities into multiclass system". Player: "Bullshit". Dev: "there are no stats on items but each affects your playstyle (shows magic the gathering type info on slide". Player: "I bet there are stats...Bullshit". Siug: "What the devs say shouldn't be taken as facts..."

...wtf

Dev: "Permanent change". player: "Bullshit". Dev: "We're adding 40 classes with each class borrowing secondary abilities into multiclass system". Player: "Bullshit". Dev: "there are no stats on items but each affects your playstyle (shows magic the gathering type info on slide". Player: "I bet there are stats...Bullshit". Siug: "What the devs say shouldn't be taken as facts..."

...wtf

Smedley: SOE's new unannounced MMO is dedicated to SWG players ... "Once we launch it... you can come home now."

SWG players: WTF? It's a fkn ZOMBIE GAME? Bullshit!

Failed.

Critical thinking means that you don't take dev talk aka complete bullshit as facts. If they make a great game, then we all win. But so far they have made tons of promises and that's it. 

You can't see the genius of what they created? It will be clearer once they dumb it down [the info] for the general population like you. My IQ is 26 points above average or in the 73% percentile group. I stay up and think about this stuff. Don't worry, they will dumb it down so the WoW crowd can also follow along or everyone who is typically negative for who knows why.

The broken keyboard - $25

The monitor stuck in the wall - $400

The ripped Smedley nude poster = 50,000,000SC

This guys face on youtube if this game tanks - FKN PRICELESS!

I'll just say strike another casualty up for popular opinion. America made a winner out of Nutella and 8 bit Minecraft... But thats not going to happen because we're going to win. Now degeneracy is another problem. What do we do with all the degenerates.?

...wtf

Smedley: SOE's new unannounced MMO is dedicated to SWG players ... "Once we launch it... you can come home now."

When did he say that? Was it before H1Z1 was announced because if it wasn't that wouldn't make it H1Z1...

...wtf

When did he say that? Was it before H1Z1 was announced because if it wasn't that wouldn't make it H1Z1...

Actually, yes. Yes it was.

I just figured with your HUGE IQ, you'd have noticed in the quote where it said "UNANNOUNCED".

Originally posted by DMKano
     is next gen. Get it through your head! If you don't know fucking learn. Theres tons of material out there that would blow your mind if you had one. This is better than anything ive ever heard of attempted. They made leaps and bounds over ALL games in general with the possibilities. Theres like a MILLION possibities in combat builds and actual tactical replay value. 10,000 hours of unscripted AI. Look at the document of design. They changed EVERYTHING. You're complaining about having to sit and wait? And you criticize me? w..t...f...

None of the stuff you're talking about has actually produced anything tangible - as in actual playable game.

You are just talking pure 100% speculative hype nonesense.

Document of design???

Please.

10,000 hours of unscripted AI? - only exists inside your mind

Seriously now...

secondary abilities multiclassing a possible 240 x 40 classes (also 240, primary and secondary total of 480) x up to 65,000 statless items affecting playstyle. Id say a million. Its a large number of possibities. Are you waiting for a news article or are you actually doing all these facts in your head because when they 40 classes, i doubt they mean 12 and when they say 12 abilities each i doubt they mean 4 abilities each. Because they aim higher than what they have in pre alpha. Because you can't work backwards and only move forward. 

They can run storybicks perpetual as long as they want. So it can be from now on if the game lasts that long. I mean for all the people that criticize the game they are usually the ones the most uninformed. It because they are all WoW players and they hate everything Everquest. Its like talking to morons. They just don't get it.

is next gen. Get it through your head! If you don't know fucking learn. Theres tons of material out there that would blow your mind if you had one. This is better than anything ive ever heard of attempted. They made leaps and bounds over ALL games in general with the possibilities. Theres like a MILLION possibities in combat builds and actual tactical replay value. 10,000 hours of unscripted AI. Look at the document of design. They changed EVERYTHING. You're complaining about having to sit and wait? And you criticize me? w..t...f...

None of the stuff you're talking about has actually produced anything tangible - as in actual playable game.

Document of design???

Please.

Seriously now...

secondary abilities multiclassing a possible 240 x 40 classes (also 240, primary and secondary total of 480) x up to 65,000 statless items affecting playstyle. Id say a million. Its a large number of possibities. Are you waiting for a news article or are you actually doing all these facts in your head because when they 40 classes, i doubt they mean 12 and when they say 12 abilities each i doubt they mean 4 abilities each. Because they aim higher than what they have in pre alpha. Because you can't work backwards and only move forward. 

They can run storybicks perpetual as long as they want. So it can be from now on if the game lasts that long. I mean for all the people that criticize the game they are usually the ones the most uninformed. It because they are all WoW players and they hate everything Everquest. Its like talking to morons. They just don't get it.

You really should get a youtube channel, I could laugh for hours.

We won't even discuss your self-inflated high IQ in relation to your HORRIBLE math skills.

But as far as the critics being uninformed - They're actually far more informed than you yourself. We've seen all the slides, heard all the rhetoric, watched the video presentations full of pretty much nothing of substance, and have all asked "Where's the fkn gameplay?!?!?!"

• ArchlyteArchlyte Member RarePosts: 1,405

Document of design???

Please.

Seriously now...

Your overexuberant SOE stat sheet arguments are so over the top that they sound sarcastic. Can we Be any more lucky than to have EQNext?

At some point you are going to have to realize that you can't single handedly sell this game to everyone. Are you married to someone who works there or something? Because the Lose their Jobs argument is about as desperate a leap as I have seen to try and shut non-fans up. There are other jobs out there anyway, so no one is going to buy crap just to save some random person's position in an underperforming product situation.

MMORPG players are often like Hobbits: They don't like Adventures
    Originally posted by evilized

incoming 30 pages of how EQN isn't innovative and is terrible because "cartoony" from camp #1; counter pointed by camp #2 explaining, in great detail, exactly what is innovative and good about what SOE is doing just to be ignored by camp #1.

back and forth, around we go, this is the mmorpg.com forum merry-go-round of tears.

lookin good guys, we're right on track. keep it up and we'll be at 20 pages of argumentative stupidity by 9am eastern!

lookin good guys, we're right on track. keep it up and we'll be at 20 pages of argumentative stupidity by 9am eastern!

Workin' as fast as I can boss XD

Workin' as fast as I can boss XD

all of this has already been argued to death in this thread: http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/419758/page/1

you'll notice a lot of the same faces in there too. there's no point in arguing here... you're just wasting your time. if that's your goal then have fun but if you're actually wanting to try to convince people that the night really isn't so dark and not really all that terrifying, you'll just drive yourself crazy; best to move on from this place... at least that's the advice Dante got when he made it to this particular circle of hell.

This discussion has been closed.