Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LF Mature, friendly, active community

ZenIrishChaiZenIrishChai Member UncommonPosts: 527

Basically I'm looking for a good, mellow companion game to GW2 with a mature, friendly community. After spending a week in Archeage, I realize I'm too old for the amount of immature garbage and griefers flocking to that game and any MMO like it. I need something played by adults who act like adults enjoying hanging out and staying chill with something fun.

I'm heavily leaning towards something like EVE Online, Secret World, or continuing to play TESO but I haven't spent more than a month or two in any of them yet. I'd like to hear from others before investing more time and money in them if I'm just going to run in to the same nonsense from other players later down the road.

I know it might sound like I'm just looking for a good guild, but I have a very erratic schedule and often end up playing with strangers regardless of the guild I'm in. I want to know that the majority of random people I encounter will be cool and mature, whether it be random grouping for PVE or competing with each other in PVP.

Any other games along those lines that you would recommend? I don't care much about theme. I do care a lot about graphics, mechanics, UI, etc. I've played MMOs heavily since UO and want to continue moving forward in design rather than play anything dated or archaic.

TL:DR

LF something with mature, friendly community regardless of guild affiliation, active development, modern graphics and mechanics - looking for feedback on EVE, TSW, or TESO or similar game communities especially. I'm already playing GW2.

Thanks for your help!

Comments

• erinyserinys Member UncommonPosts: 395

Hia,

Register on www.theoldergamers.com they have divisions in every mmo and shooter around.

You will love them!

• ZenIrishChaiZenIrishChai Member UncommonPosts: 527

Thanks erinys, I'll check them out.

I also forgot TSW is free now so I can go back to that for awhile and see how it is for myself until I get more feedback. :)

• TelondarielTelondariel Member Posts: 1,001
    LoTRO could be up your alley.  Granted, I haven't played in a couple of years, but the community was very mature and friendly.  It might be worth checking out.

Originally posted by Telondariel
    LoTRO could be up your alley.  Granted, I haven't played in a couple of years, but the community was very mature and friendly.  It might be worth checking out.

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm looking for community-wise. I had a great experience when playing it before although I had a hard time getting in to the combat. I haven't tried all the different classes though. There were also technical problems with my video card that drove me nuts trying to find a workaround. I'll have to see if they fixed it.

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Originally posted by IrishChai
    Originally posted by Telondariel

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm looking for community-wise. I had a great experience when playing it before although I had a hard time getting in to the combat. I haven't tried all the different classes though. There were also technical problems with my video card that drove me nuts trying to find a workaround. I'll have to see if they fixed it.

I'd put a +1 on LotRO. For the "I want to know that the majority of random people I encounter will be cool and mature, whether it be random grouping for PVE or competing with each other in PVP." part LotRO is maybe the most suited candidate, especially on the Rp servers. However, the combat is still pretty much the same... there's a chance your technical problems are solved, there were a few updates in the engine during the years.

And yep, TSW is now free, and also has a nice community. You need to put on ignore some elitists here and there, but beyond that it's cool. :)

• ArdnutArdnut Member Posts: 188

hi, you looking for eu/world or na company?

the server community can be different at times depending on where most of the community comes from.

i've been lucky in that the guild i'm in is a small guild on the eu server and most of us know each other from vanguard and gw2, es, rift and are now playing and enjoying esol on the eu server. there's non of the "you must do this" and you "must" do that etc. it's your sub, so play your way

we are casual, and  easy going group and you'll not find any bucket mouths amongst us. being small and slowly growing again can be an advantage as you get to know the people in the guild and if your rl takes over, and you vanish for a while you dont get greif over not being online.

the general community on the eu server isnt too bad either, you'll find the usual jokers around, but it's all in the best possible taste (well, it can be) and most people are friendly enough and helpful - yells in /zone can lead from one place to another if you get a decent pug going and the games not that bad in itself. loads to explore if your an explorer and you'll never know what you'll run into (or will run into you)

if you are looking in eso, drop me a pm here and can see if were what your lookin' for if you play on the eu server

i look this wrecked because i've got GIST.
    Whats your excuse?
    http://deadmanrambling.com/

Thanks Ardnut, but I would be playing on NA servers unfortunately! Still, the NA servers have had a pretty good community in from what I saw as well. I still wonder if that continues throughout the later levels and PVP zones (in NA), but it's probably something I will go back to eventually to find out myself if I have the time.

I remembered after reading some other posts about TESO that the main reason I left was because of all the talk of changes to the veteran endgame design. I want to find out more about that and what people think about it before returning after the changes are made. Sounds like good changes so far and I hope everyone likes where they go with it.

Oh, and they fixed the issue with my video card crash in Lotro, so I'm a happy camper being able to check that out again. :)
  • serialMMOistserialMMOist Member Posts: 88

Basically I'm looking for a good, mellow companion game to GW2 with a mature, friendly community. After spending a week in Archeage, I realize I'm too old for the amount of immature garbage and griefers flocking to that game and any MMO like it. I need something played by adults who act like adults enjoying hanging out and staying chill with something fun.

I'm heavily leaning towards something like EVE Online, Secret World, or continuing to play TESO but I haven't spent more than a month or two in any of them yet. I'd like to hear from others before investing more time and money in them if I'm just going to run in to the same nonsense from other players later down the road.

I know it might sound like I'm just looking for a good guild, but I have a very erratic schedule and often end up playing with strangers regardless of the guild I'm in. I want to know that the majority of random people I encounter will be cool and mature, whether it be random grouping for PVE or competing with each other in PVP.

Any other games along those lines that you would recommend? I don't care much about theme. I do care a lot about graphics, mechanics, UI, etc. I've played MMOs heavily since UO and want to continue moving forward in design rather than play anything dated or archaic.

LF something with mature, friendly community regardless of guild affiliation, active development, modern graphics and mechanics - looking for feedback on EVE, TSW, or TESO or similar game communities especially. I'm already playing GW2.

Thanks for your help!

I started a guild in Archeage that is 25 yrs + to join which has basically formed around 30-40 yr olds. My only goal for the guild so far was to establish a social chat to avoid Faction/Nation/Trial. Its worked out pretty good. As we level and avoid the vial kids in chat it has been a very different enjoyable experience.

ESO I also play. I have met some 30 yr + people in a guild that is mature. Its a great game imo. Its definitely been effected by AA but its in a good way I think. A lot of immaturity has left and since its a mega NA server, you get to know they nice people.

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502

Basically I'm looking for a good, mellow companion game to GW2 with a mature, friendly community. After spending a week in Archeage, I realize I'm too old for the amount of immature garbage and griefers flocking to that game and any MMO like it. I need something played by adults who act like adults enjoying hanging out and staying chill with something fun. I'm heavily leaning towards something like EVE Online, Secret World, or continuing to play TESO but I haven't spent more than a month or two in any of them yet. I'd like to hear from others before investing more time and money in them if I'm just going to run in to the same nonsense from other players later down the road. I know it might sound like I'm just looking for a good guild, but I have a very erratic schedule and often end up playing with strangers regardless of the guild I'm in. I want to know that the majority of random people I encounter will be cool and mature, whether it be random grouping for PVE or competing with each other in PVP. Any other games along those lines that you would recommend? I don't care much about theme. I do care a lot about graphics, mechanics, UI, etc. I've played MMOs heavily since UO and want to continue moving forward in design rather than play anything dated or archaic. TL:DRLF something with mature, friendly community regardless of guild affiliation, active development, modern graphics and mechanics - looking for feedback on EVE, TSW, or TESO or similar game communities especially. I'm already playing GW2. Thanks for your help!

If you don't mind playing a MMO that is being developed (although pretty amazing for where it is in development) check out Project Gorgon. It is a Free MMO and it is amazing with a mostly great community. There are a couple bad apples but nothing like you see in archeage. And it is absolutely free no cash shop or pay to win.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• TelondarielTelondariel Member Posts: 1,001
    Originally posted by Hatefull

Thanks for your help!

If you don't mind playing a MMO that is being developed (although pretty amazing for where it is in development) check out Project Gorgon. It is a Free MMO and it is amazing with a mostly great community. There are a couple bad apples but nothing like you see in archeage. And it is absolutely free no cash shop or pay to win.

^  I'm actually going to give it a try this morning.  Downloading as I type this.

Originally posted by serialMMOist

Thanks for your help!

I started a guild in Archeage that is 25 yrs + to join which has basically formed around 30-40 yr olds. My only goal for the guild so far was to establish a social chat to avoid Faction/Nation/Trial. Its worked out pretty good. As we level and avoid the vial kids in chat it has been a very different enjoyable experience.

ESO I also play. I have met some 30 yr + people in a guild that is mature. Its a great game imo. Its definitely been effected by AA but its in a good way I think. A lot of immaturity has left and since its a mega NA server, you get to know they nice people.

Great goal with Archeage. I hope it works out for you guys. I had a similar experience with a good guild but spending so much time trying to avoid the majority of the rest of the community drove me out pretty fast. I hope it improves for everyone who loves the game. Thanks for the feedback on ESO!

Originally posted by Hatefull

Thanks for your help!

I've heard about this somewhere before.. I can't remember where but I'll give it a shot. Thanks!