Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are consoles the future of the MMO Genre?

Already, consoles have made vast improvements in the gaming industry. Easier games, easier to get into games, less hardcore games, better stories and less confusing open world style games of old...have made vast improvements in pretty much everything.

If it wasn't for consoles, games would be a very niche audience for basement dwellers like in the past. They would only cater to hardcore players or people with 100% free time. Consoles revolutionized gaming.

Some of course, especially gamers of old...do not like that...but gamers like me, who don't want a challenge, don't want to be confused with no direction...consoles pretty much fixed games for me.

Now only MMOs are stuck in the past. AND THAT IS WHY THEY FAIL. So many MMOs are released and die within months. If they want success, they need to make sure they are also on console for the console audience.

Already, the best MMO, Leagues of Legend (I play it on Xbox360, had to modify my old PC to play it...and some other stuff...not that hard)...but this was MADE for consoles even if it isn't officially on them. I've been playing it on my Xbox, and it is amazing. This is what a real MMO is. Not complicated, easy to get into, a great community of players that are hilarious as well...can play for one match and get off and accomplish a lot. It is why LoL is regarded as the #1 best MMO in the world. It was obviously designed with console players in mind.

To see success, and to EVOLVE the genre...more MMOs need to look at console players and decide if they want to fail, be horribly niche and degrade the industry, or evolve the MMO genre and become something greater than the MMOs of old. For me, and other gamers like me...this would be a great step forward.

Of course, I understand some players of old (again) will hate this great suggestion. Its like talking to MUD users and telling them how great next gen games are, and them hating it or arcade players hating next-gen games...but, I think for MMOs to see true success and evolve the genre, they need to be made for console players and even more success to release on the consoles. Not stick to the old and failed, horribly niche, MMOs of old.

I'm sure some won't agree, but I know many console players and new-gen players will.

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

Comments

• HrimnirHrimnir Member RarePosts: 2,415

I'm really getting sick of the console people.  I'm not going to really refute anything in particular you've said, i'll just leave you with a few articles:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2014/04/28/as-global-pc-game-revenue-surpasses-consoles-how-long-should-console-makers-keep-fighting/

"We’ve established repeatedly that PC gaming isn’t remotely close to being dead or dying, so perhaps it’s time to redirect that argument to consoles? DFC Intelligence owner David Cole tells PCR that revenue from PC gaming has surpassed that of consoles on a global scale. But beyond the claim, there is some fascinating peripheral data showing that PC gaming’s dominance will only continue. Should this be the last generation of proprietary Nintendo, Microsoft, and Sony platforms?"

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/14/pc-dominates-gaming-hardware-sales

"PC gaming has expanded its lead over consoles in the hardware market, and may safely be called "dominant" in the industry, according to a recent study by John Peddie Research.

The study found the PC gaming market is worth $21.5 billion USD - over twice the size of its competitors in the console industry. The report took into account market sales of personal computers, accessories, upgrades, and other such form of hardware used for gaming purposes. Senior Gaming Analyst Ted Pollak says it's being driven by both casual gamers moving to mobile platforms, and by more hardcore gamers who desire gaming experiences not available through console technology."

http://gearnuke.com/pc-dominates-market-51-console-30-mobile-13-according-new-report/

PC dominates market with 51%, Console at 30% and Mobile at 13%, according to new report

"A new report by SuperData, that was released by Digital River, suggests that the focus of gaming market has changed. Gone are the time when people used to game primarily on consoles; PC and Mobile has taken a significant chunk of gamers today.

According to this report, in 2008, consoles were leading the industry with about 42% user share, PCs at 37% and mobiles at just 5%. Seems like the tables have turned now as more users are turning towards PC and Mobile. While it is true that the numbers of gamers have also increased exponentially, the increase is happening mostly in PC or Mobile market share. Console market share, while still big, is starting to look smaller when compared to PC."

http://techcrunch.com/2014/03/09/console-crisis/

"A few days ago Sony announced it has now sold a total of 6 million PlayStation 4 consoles. Microsoft’s next-gen equivalent, the Xbox One, has likely racked up sales of around 4 million so far. Both flagship consoles were released around the same time in late November last year, in time for the 2013 holiday season. And both companies have been shouting loudly about who’s beating whom for cumulative console and games sales globally and in key markets like the U.S.

On the cumulative console sales score at least, Sony’s PS4 appears to be edging out the Xbone, for now.

The thing is neither of these new generation console flagships is selling very well when compared with previous generations of flagship consoles. The console market appears to be shrinking significantly — and that’s evidently having a knock-on impact on games studios and game development. The big games studios don’t exclusively develop for a single platform, after all, so the health of the entire market is key to keeping games studios in business."

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

- Friedrich Nietzsche

• BoneserinoBoneserino Member UncommonPosts: 1,768

Its a valid question.    Certainly many here will vehemenently disagree, I am sure.   

For one thing it might draw all or some of the big name dev teams to move more to consoles if it appears they can be successful.   That might leave more room for the Indie teams to move into the leftover PC territory and actually work to fill some of the niches that the hardcore guys have been clamoring for.

Because honestly,I feel that it is really only the hardcore MMO players that will roll their eyes and rage against even the thought of MMO's on console.    The rest of us will simply look at whether it is a game that we want to play or not.

Best thing about consoles is that it will be like a sub game:  Everyone is equal.  Worst thing.  Most likely dumbed down mechanics, to compensate for the controller, but that is not a given.

In any case I am not concerned whether a good MMO is made for consoles or PC.   I just want a good MMO.

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

I would love to see consoles devs make mmos on consoles.

• orionblackorionblack Member UncommonPosts: 493

Welp..how shall I put this??

Remember how many new "gamers" we got with farmville and angry birds?

Think of how many new "mmo" players we will get.....

There have been better explanations given here but basically consoles reach that larger number of people out there that are not computer savvy.....

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355
    Originally posted by TheScavenger

If it wasn't for consoles, games would be a very niche audience for basement dwellers like in the past. They would only cater to hardcore players or people with 100% free time. Consoles revolutionized gaming.

Yes, consoles did revolutionize gaming.  But enough about the late 70s and early 80s.

The long term trend has been for relatively hardcore games (as opposed to, say, Solitaire) to move more from consoles to PCs, largely because of a shrinking price gap.  Did you see what a real PC cost in 1980 or so?

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

"better stories"? seriously?

with your mmo "flagship" on consoles being destiny, i'd go for er "naaaaaaaaa!" on that one.

same answer goes for your mainquestion btw :)

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• BoneserinoBoneserino Member UncommonPosts: 1,768
    Originally posted by Hrimnir

I'm really getting sick of the console people.  I'm not going to really refute anything in particular you've said, i'll just leave you with a few articles:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2014/04/28/as-global-pc-game-revenue-surpasses-consoles-how-long-should-console-makers-keep-fighting/

"PC gaming has expanded its lead over consoles in the hardware market, and may safely be called "dominant" in the industry, according to a recent study by John Peddie Research.

http://gearnuke.com/pc-dominates-market-51-console-30-mobile-13-according-new-report/

I am not really going to dispute these articles either, Hrminir.

However I think there are perfectly logical reasons why this is the way things are.   New consoles aren't selling as well as earlier ones did.  Lots of reasons for that.  Number one would be that the difference in the game experience to my mind is not that much of an upgrade going from say a 360 to an Xbone.  I have a 360 , am I in a hurry to get an Xbone?  No, I am happy with the 360 because I bought it cheap near the end of the cycle.  Plus I just spent 1500 on a nice PC gaming rig which I have never done before.   Later when Xbone prices come down I may look at one or even go back to PS, again who knows.    Point is there are plenty of perfectly good games still out there for the old consoles,  and its mainly the peeps that want the latest stuff that buy in first.

Technology and social attitudes are always changing and it is good to see PC gaming making a bit of a resurgence.

But what  does that have to do with someone making an MMO on a console?   And what is wrong with people enjoying the convenience of a console?   Is something wrong with that?  Are these people , myself included , second class citizens?

I just don't get the PC Master race mentality.

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

• jmcdermottukjmcdermottuk Member RarePosts: 1,571

I have no problem with consoles getting an MMO, as long as it's developed and released on PC primarily and then ported to console, and not the other way around.

The world is already full of shite console to PC ports. Go back 15 years and the PC to console ports were of a much higher standard. Given the current market trends and the fact that PC gaming is dominant I'm hopeful that a new shift back to PC development will take place.

Having said that, I personally believe that MMO's belong on the PC and should stay there. They're meant to be a bit more complex in design.

Oh, and by the way LoL is NOT an MMO, it's a MOBA, get your genres straight.

• DatawarlockDatawarlock Member Posts: 338
    Originally posted by Boneserino

However I think there are perfectly logical reasons why this is the way things are.   New consoles aren't selling as well as earlier ones did.  Lots of reasons for that.  Number one would be that the difference in the game experience to my mind is not that much of an upgrade going from say a 360 to an Xbone.  I have a 360 , am I in a hurry to get an Xbone?  No, I am happy with the 360 because I bought it cheap near the end of the cycle.  Plus I just spent 1500 on a nice PC gaming rig which I have never done before.   Later when Xbone prices come down I may look at one or even go back to PS, again who knows.    Point is there are plenty of perfectly good games still out there for the old consoles,  and its mainly the peeps that want the latest stuff that buy in first.

Technology and social attitudes are always changing and it is good to see PC gaming making a bit of a resurgence.

But what  does that have to do with someone making an MMO on a console?   And what is wrong with people enjoying the convenience of a console?   Is something wrong with that?  Are these people , myself included , second class citizens?

Old people are always dying, and the newer generations grow up around technology, so the excuses for non-pc-savvy people just plain fail.

MMO's on a console aren't really MMO's.... just like most of what people of today call MMO's = aren't MMO's by the original definition, but by a skewed new 'single player game where you're obviously the hero, along with the millions of other 'the heros',. and never needs anyone else to do anything' definition. Sure, MMO just means Massively Multiplayer Online.... but it also USED to mean social interaction, communities, and grouping. By today's standards, if you play something like Skyrim, you're playing an MMO, except the people you see aren't spamming gold sales or swearing. Seriously, there's absolutely no other real difference.... except maybe lack of AH, or noobs begging for money, or a forum full of whiners bitching about balance, or the 4 ways you HAVE to build and gear your toon or be an epic fail.

MMO on a console? Go for it, but you'll never really experience the true soul of what MMO's were built to be, and you all can keep deluding yourselves into thinking todays games are anything but a single player game like Fallout with AIM running in the background so you can once in a great while chat with someone. Hell, FARMVILLE is a fkn MMO by today's standards, enjoy, I'll be back in the early days playing MUDs again so I can at least do something other than kill 10 rats, rinse, repeat.

• HrimnirHrimnir Member RarePosts: 2,415

I never said anything about a PC Master race.  Though i can explain why those people feel that way.  Its because a very hefty portion, possibly even a majority, of console players, tend to be ignorant, non technical, bro gamer types.  They come on forums or in discussions about gaming and such and make completely ridiculous, baseless statements and generally just piss people off who actually know wtf they're talking about.

Personally thats why i get sick of console people.  I also don't like fans of Harry Potter, but generally i dont complain about them because they don't jump on message boards for fantasy novels and talk about how great harry potter is compared to other types of fantasy or fantasy authors, etc.  Just as an example

Edit:  Also, OP's post was insulting, and basically his entire argument when boiled down is "old people are old and don't 'get it' ".

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

- Friedrich Nietzsche

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    I'm hoping they aren't. I love my PC and I will hold onto it like I did with my Commodore VIC-20 and 64!!! I can still break out my AD&D Gold Box series for my 64, and Ultima 7 for my PC! I will never be a console nerd....

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361

The thing is neither of these new generation console flagships is selling very well when compared with previous generations of flagship consoles. The console market appears to be shrinking significantly — and that’s evidently having a knock-on impact on games studios and game development. The big games studios don’t exclusively develop for a single platform, after all, so the health of the entire market is key to keeping games studios in business."

Actually they are selling at a more faster rate than the last gen consoles when they first released and those sold faster than the ones before them also.  I remember when PS2 selling 500 thousand at release time was a big deal and it was sold out for many months, now PS4 sold 4.3 million in its first month and it was sold out also.

http://time.com/3340260/august-ps4-and-xbox-one-sales-continue-to-break-records/

The most reliable thing NPD can say about August’s video game retail sales figures, then, since no one’s yet buying PS4s or Xbox Ones using Star Trek-ian matter replicators, is that sales of the PS4 and Xbox One, 10 months along and combined, are “greater by over 70 percent compared to their predecessors.”

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/12/12/playstation-4-had-largest-console-launch-in-history

PlayStation 4 Had 'Largest Console Launch in History

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361

Even Diablo is more famous on consoles now and rising

Consoles made shooter genre more popular (Golden Eye, Halo, Uncharted, Gears of War, Killzone) Even the shooter games that started on PC and ported to consoles became more popular and way more polished in quality (Battlefield, Call of Duty, Wolfenstein, Grand Theft Auto)

Consoles had some of the most epic RPGs and story, including JRPGs (Final Fantasy series, Xeno series, Chrono Trigger/Cross, Persona, Demons Souls, Mass Effect and the list could go on.

One of the highest quality of mmos is cross-platform and also one of the best story in a mmo Final Fantasy XIV.  Before that Final Fantasy 11

PS4 version of Planetside 2 will be the definitive version

All the best action/adventure games are on consoles or gets ported from consoles

Zelda, Metal Gear Solid, God of War, Devil May Cry series, Ninja Gaiden, Batman Arkham Series, Red Dead Redemption, Assassins Creed, Last of Us, Infamous, Ratchet and Clank, Bloodborne, and more.

I cant wait to play Everquest Next on PS4

• NevulusNevulus Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

What's with this constant attack on "gamers of old" ? What's with the subliminal name calling?

Here is a newsflash: most of these "old" gamers you keep picking on played on consoles. Commodore 64ks, Tandy's, and IBMs were VERY expensive, and these gamers who you consider old were children during the times of Atari, Coleco and Nintendo.

Social gaming for these "old" gamers you keep attacking was them basically grabbing their NES controller and heading over to their friends house to play RC Pro am, Super Mario Brothers, or Metroids. One person would buy a new game and everyone would flock to that kids house to check it out. There were no DLCs, no content updates, no patches. You can hold an ENTIRE GAME in your HAND.

As a fan of consoles I am unsure what fantasy world you live in. If I want a premium gaming experience I unfortunately have to boot up my PC. WoW revolutionized MMOs, LOL revolutionized MOBAS (i know DOTA DOTA DOTA), DOOM/Wolfenstien revolutionized gaming period - once again on PC. Owning a console lately feels like I'm at the butt-end of a marketing campaign while the real revolutionary games keep popping up on PC, for example Minecraft and Gone Home.

About the only thing, to my chagrin, that I can give consoles props for is Halo, GTA3 and side scrollers... that's it. And I love my consoles. I own an extensive collection, from Atari 2600 to PS4, but I refuse to live in a make believe world where everything is ok. It's not. The only thing "Next Gen" brought us was second rate hardware, subpar performance, more DLC rip offs, & even more microtransactions.

P.S. You call LOL an MMO which only furthers my suspicion you're trolling and this entire thread is a joke. Maybe that's why you did not post this in the console gaming section, where it belongs.

• ArchlyteArchlyte Member RarePosts: 1,405
    Yes, and the Council on Foreign Relations has made this a priority for the New World Order. I think the next Gen consoles will use Ultra Low Frequency generators to mind control people into forgetting things like a mouse and a keyboard.
    MMORPG players are often like Hobbits: They don't like Adventures
  • kjempffkjempff Member RarePosts: 1,759

I used to play console games as a kid, and once I was done with that, I moved to better toys on better hardware with (for me) superior controls (mouse and keyboard). I am too old to judge or care if there is a opposite thing going on now.

Maybe (no not really maybe) there are just different games for various taste, and these games just work better on certain platforms.. For example I have yet to find any real intersting mobile games atleast more than a few days, and when console players mention great console games I either havent heard about them or their are so remote from my taste that I havent considered them even if they are on pc aswell.

As things are at the moment, I dont see this changing, but as history has proven, suddenly things change in a way no one would have expected. Hardly anyone 10 years ago foresaw that we would be in such a mobile reality now (this is typed on a tablet).

But a new turn in gaming controls and open console standards might change things, you never know. I am thinking about mind controlled, gesture controlled, vr linked, holodeck, etc...

• SinakuSinaku Member UncommonPosts: 552

I personally don't believe consoles are the future of anything considering it seems like Microsoft may be pulling out of the console race and in general I would say you will see a decline in console vs PCs.

Anyone else smart enough to realize the futility here? Arguing about consoles and their viability for MMO's..... but the only way to join the argument is to USE A PC.... or a cell phone, which is likely more powerful than your consoles >.>

p.s.

Wasn't an entirely true statement, as there ARE keyboards for the consoles... but I can at least fairly assume that no more than 15% of console owners have one, if they even know they exist.

• WarmakerWarmaker Member UncommonPosts: 2,246

"We’ve established repeatedly that PC gaming isn’t remotely close to being dead or dying, so perhaps it’s time to redirect that argument to consoles? DFC Intelligence owner David Cole tells PCR that revenue from PC gaming has surpassed that of consoles on a global scale. But beyond the claim, there is some fascinating peripheral data showing that PC gaming’s dominance will only continue. Should this be the last generation of proprietary Nintendo, Microsoft, and Sony platforms?"

The study found the PC gaming market is worth $21.5 billion USD - over twice the size of its competitors in the console industry. The report took into account market sales of personal computers, accessories, upgrades, and other such form of hardware used for gaming purposes. Senior Gaming Analyst Ted Pollak says it's being driven by both casual gamers moving to mobile platforms, and by more hardcore gamers who desire gaming experiences not available through console technology."

PC dominates market with 51%, Console at 30% and Mobile at 13%, according to new report

"A new report by SuperData, that was released by Digital River, suggests that the focus of gaming market has changed. Gone are the time when people used to game primarily on consoles; PC and Mobile has taken a significant chunk of gamers today.

According to this report, in 2008, consoles were leading the industry with about 42% user share, PCs at 37% and mobiles at just 5%. Seems like the tables have turned now as more users are turning towards PC and Mobile. While it is true that the numbers of gamers have also increased exponentially, the increase is happening mostly in PC or Mobile market share. Console market share, while still big, is starting to look smaller when compared to PC."

"A few days ago Sony announced it has now sold a total of 6 million PlayStation 4 consoles. Microsoft’s next-gen equivalent, the Xbox One, has likely racked up sales of around 4 million so far. Both flagship consoles were released around the same time in late November last year, in time for the 2013 holiday season. And both companies have been shouting loudly about who’s beating whom for cumulative console and games sales globally and in key markets like the U.S.

On the cumulative console sales score at least, Sony’s PS4 appears to be edging out the Xbone, for now.

From the mid-early 2000's, I had always enjoyed the mewlings that PC gaming was dying.  From internet articles, forum posts, to even once PC game development houses proclaiming their abandonment of PC games to go over to Console game development.

Yet... here's PC gaming.  Just as it's always been since I've moved my gaming from consoles to the PC in the mid-late 1990's.

Stories on PC gaming's decline and demise have been greatly exaggerated.

It's always been funny hearing about people recently talking about 64 player FPS matches on the consoles, when PC FPS titles had been doing that since the early 2000's.

Anyways, I never fault anyone for choosing their platform of their choice to enjoy their gaming time with.  What I did have fun with was all the calls that "PC's are dying" or some such B.S.

"I have only two out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (First Lieutenant Clifton B. Cates, US Marine Corps, Soissons, 19 July 1918)

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    it doesnt take a rocket scientist to deduce that consoles are (just like PC is) other gaming options. That means, mmos have more platforms to expand to now. That doesnt mean consoles are the future of mmos. The more options the better, but it sucks that consoles will be plagued with f2p microtransactions now.

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

Its a valid question.    Certainly many here will vehemenently disagree, I am sure.    For one thing it might draw all or some of the big name dev teams to move more to consoles if it appears they can be successful.   That might leave more room for the Indie teams to move into the leftover PC territory and actually work to fill some of the niches that the hardcore guys have been clamoring for. Because honestly,I feel that it is really only the hardcore MMO players that will roll their eyes and rage against even the thought of MMO's on console.    The rest of us will simply look at whether it is a game that we want to play or not. Best thing about consoles is that it will be like a sub game:  Everyone is equal.  Worst thing.  Most likely dumbed down mechanics, to compensate for the controller, but that is not a given. In any case I am not concerned whether a good MMO is made for consoles or PC.   I just want a good MMO. 

A ton of people have both and will still say PC is the obvious winner. Perhaps is the console makers didn't give incentives to game makers to put out console first, we would see something different. Release games on PC and consoles at the same time, then let us see.
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

Originally posted by waynejr2

Its a valid question.    Certainly many here will vehemenently disagree, I am sure.   

For one thing it might draw all or some of the big name dev teams to move more to consoles if it appears they can be successful.   That might leave more room for the Indie teams to move into the leftover PC territory and actually work to fill some of the niches that the hardcore guys have been clamoring for.

Because honestly,I feel that it is really only the hardcore MMO players that will roll their eyes and rage against even the thought of MMO's on console.    The rest of us will simply look at whether it is a game that we want to play or not.

Best thing about consoles is that it will be like a sub game:  Everyone is equal.  Worst thing.  Most likely dumbed down mechanics, to compensate for the controller, but that is not a given.

In any case I am not concerned whether a good MMO is made for consoles or PC.   I just want a good MMO.

A ton of people have both and will still say PC is the obvious winner. Perhaps is the console makers didn't give incentives to game makers to put out console first, we would see something different. Release games on PC and consoles at the same time, then let us see.

You do realize that's not entirely feasible. Some titles don't have the manpower for that. Some don't have that kind of money to toss out all at once. Some get themselves fkd over by exclusivity contracts. The other problem is that if it comes out on console first, PC ends up with a bad console port. If it comes out on PC first, it's simpler to 'dumb down' for consoles.

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387

I think consoles days have come and gone, it has nothing to do with the "PC Master race" mentality but rather that fact what it can do, you can either do it using a PC, or more portably on a PDA phone/ipad, or through something like an Android box or Steam box.

There is simply no reason for console to exist. It is expensive to develop because of propriety OS and only serves 1 purpose, a purpose that you can buy 10 games for the price 1 console game if you play on other platforms (PC, or phones, or iPad, or Android).

Not to mention console is only very good for 2 types of games - driving games and sports games.

• ScypherothScypheroth Member Posts: 264

ahahahahahah consoles are the future of mmo genre hahahahahahaha n i suppose FPS games are best played  on cosoles too? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA H AHA HAHAHAHAHAh ug ugggggggggg uggggggggg AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

.............................................thank you....i needed a good laugh.....

• WingclipWingclip Member UncommonPosts: 54
    For me a console would be an expensive option to smarting up a dumb tv to play netflix (400 buck roku). Sure there may be one or two really good single player games that are not PC available but heck I spend more money on my video card than a console so they can keep it. Plus dual,triple monitors and real voice chat are standard..
This discussion has been closed.