Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Higher standards please?

Why the low standards? Why flood the site with ads of MMO's that no man in his right mind would play? Are MMORPG's really about cartoon-tits and unintentionally fribblish characters? Why sell wooden bikes as a car magazine?

Comments

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

Boobs sell.

Your morals, not so much.

/thread

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I have VERY high standards but if nothing strikes me as quality i will play the lesser graphics for better game play.However i cannot stand cheap looking cartoony graphics,there is a difference when comparing detailed textures and straight up one color cheap pastel looking textures.

What i have seen the last 10 years is NOTHING is being done with high end quality,it always looks like a rushed product.The VERY few that look like some effort started in the game like FFXIV for example often times have weaknesses in their systems.

It is like every single developer is following an identical pattern for game design.Grab a basic concept with one gimmick to sell your product as being different,rush it to market the whole while claiming to have Alpha-Beta phases when in reality they are placeholder dates to a definitive release date.There is not one game out there that has put the effort into the 4 areas which are graphics,game-play/systems,combat and peripheral content.Each of those 4 areas can be further broken down with levels of depth but so far we can't get developers to get just the 4 basic areas complete.

There is no such thing as charity gaming,f2p started because those devs know they could not compete in a sub market,their products are second rate and they know it.With the majority of devs all banding together to make f2p a reality,do not expect gaming with higher quality/standards.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Well, that is true. Innovation seems to degrade among game developers. Also it hurts somewhere deep inside seeing the biggest game developer companies repeat the same mistakes in succession over and over. Wait until I get into position ^^ . I've become a physicist with IT edge to create next gen graphics engines and massive persistent virtual worlds.