Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Such a liberating experience

mark2123mark2123 Member UncommonPosts: 450

After 5 days of trying to log in and play the game, only to be met with 2-5 hour queues, I finally decided to pull the plug and uninstall the game.  I figured that a company should be working hard to gain our custom and not us working hard to obtain their services.  If this is their technical capability now, then I doubt there is much to look forward to.

So all the fanboys desperate to move their life around, phone their wife from work so they can start the login process 5 hours before they get home, well, you are welcome to this pretty poor effort of a game release.

That's one less for your queues (EU server Shatigon - which is a pretty apt name)

Comments

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    I'm personally not playing AA.  And I'm not really that interested tbh.  But, if you were interested in the game.  You should just come back in a month or two when they smooth this out.  I might even give the game a shot a month or two after launch.  Well, I probably won't lol.  But, I'll try to keep an open mind on the game.
  • MitaraMitara Member UncommonPosts: 755

if you really wanna try the game, just wait like a month or two, then the queues will be gone. There is always a hype about a new game, until people figure out how poorly the game really is designed. That takes a little time. You are way too late to get some of the initial land in the game anyways and in 1-2 month you might find land that has been abandoned.

Give it 1-2 month, then join.

• An4thorAn4thor Member Posts: 524
    Originally posted by mark2123

After 5 days of trying to log in and play the game, only to be met with 2-5 hour queues, I finally decided to pull the plug and uninstall the game.  I figured that a company should be working hard to gain our custom and not us working hard to obtain their services.  If this is their technical capability now, then I doubt there is much to look forward to.

So all the fanboys desperate to move their life around, phone their wife from work so they can start the login process 5 hours before they get home, well, you are welcome to this pretty poor effort of a game release.

That's one less for your queues (EU server Shatigon - which is a pretty apt name)

Nobody forced you to play from day 1 :) it's a popular game and all these huge queues demonstrated it. Hell even i didn't expect it to be so bad; but it's a good thing for the game. Just play in a few months or roll on a low pop server. You won't be getting a house in a high pop server anyway at this point.

• GolelornGolelorn Member RarePosts: 1,395
    OP, I signed up for Patron yesterday. So far the experience is underwhelming. Typcial themepark game. I really feel like it will not magically get better at X level. People are being far too optimistic. This game will be a ghost town shortly.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Yeah I'm giving it a month but might be longer since Rift 3.0 will be next month so...
  • NegativeJoeNegativeJoe Member UncommonPosts: 213

good idea. ill just try in a month or 2 when all thats left are:
    1/4 gold sellers spamming
    1/4 f2p poor people/children whining about LP's
    1/4 afk bots
    1/4 morons who don't even like the game but are too stuborn to quit because they preordered and got goodies.

::::26:: ::::26:: ::::26::

• tachgbtachgb Member UncommonPosts: 791
    Originally posted by Golelorn
    OP, I signed up for Patron yesterday. So far the experience is underwhelming. Typcial themepark game. I really feel like it will not magically get better at X level. People are being far too optimistic. This game will be a ghost town shortly.

Or you could walk away from the hand holding quests, join a guild and head out into the world and fight wars and help build supplies and defend your land, be a part of the bigger picture. This is one game you can happily play as a theme park if that's your thing or head on out and do your own thing.

• An4thorAn4thor Member Posts: 524
    Originally posted by Golelorn

There goes another prophet of doom. If you don't like it there are still many left and more that will get interested in the game ^^ You are not the center of the world.

• DelusiveDelusive Member Posts: 151
    Originally posted by mark2123

I can't comment on EU servers, but Tahyang in US is locked out for new creation, so it is pretty full, and I can login at 5:30pm after I get in from work and have 0-30 minutes of wait time. I hear that EU is receiving some new hardware for server loads soon. Maybe try again in a couple weeks.