Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LTI is back next week

motanilamotanila Member UncommonPosts: 152

Guys, CIG will allow us to buy new ships with LTI for one week while in concept phase.

I think this is great, as i did not got the chance to have ships with LTI.

HINT: with cross-chasis upgrade  you will be able to transform those ships in other ships, maybe even caps with LTI.

Spread the word and help CIG to reach 100 mil  for an amazing game !!

Comments

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,405
    Good LTI should not be available for a limited few, if it is not such a big deal or game changer then there shouldn't be any problems letting us help them via LTI purchases!

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502

Nothing more than a crappy cash grab.

Not surprising the industry is frakked when people can somehow justify paying ridiculous amounts of money for concept art.

• motanilamotanila Member UncommonPosts: 152
    Is only to make a better game. Imagine how great would be with 100mil. More solar systems, more planets, more ships 
  • ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,395
    Originally posted by rpmcmurphy

Nothing more than a crappy cash grab.

Not surprising the industry is frakked when people can somehow justify paying ridiculous amounts of money for concept art.

They've honed this to a fine art.  There's an audience that will continue to pay and pay, and so the SC guys will continue to take. 

Though I told an artist friend of mine that I thought it was kinda cool that they were raising so much money on just concept art.  And promises....

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

Originally posted by motanila
    Is only to make a better game. Imagine how great would be with 100mil. More solar systems, more planets, more ships 

More money does not equal a better game.  This game is already almost 2.5x past it's completion budget, if they can't make a superb game from what they have then they have no hope.

Remember Roberts preached that 1 crowdfunded dollar = 5 investor dollars, so they should have the equivalent of $250 million dollars to play with yet the search for more wallet warriors continues...

• motanilamotanila Member UncommonPosts: 152

More money does not equal a better game.  This game is already almost 2.5x past it's completion budget, if they can't make a superb game from what they have then they have no hope.

Remember Roberts preached that 1 crowdfunded dollar = 5 investor dollars, so they should have the equivalent of $250 million dollars to play with yet the search for more wallet warriors continues...

I think he said later that is not the case and rate is 1:1

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926

100 million would be okay, the more the better. I think 250 million sounds about right for the scope of the game, epic story, motion capturing, celebrity voice actors, dozens of nee ships, planet locations, factories, Player carrier ships..

Destiny had 500 million and it's just a FPS

I think he said later that is not the case and rate is 1:1

Never heard him say it was now 1:1 because that would imply 2 things. 

1. He didn't know what he was talking about .

2. He made up a romantic number to woo backers into thinking they were getting more bang for their buck.

Originally posted by DocBrody

100 million would be okay, the more the better. I think 250 million sounds about right for the scope of the game, epic story, motion capturing, celebrity voice actors, dozens of nee ships, planet locations, factories, Player carrier ships..

Destiny had 500 million and it's just a FPS

[mod edit]
  • ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,395

Never heard him say it was now 1:1 because that would imply 2 things. 

1. He didn't know what he was talking about .

2. He made up a romantic number to woo backers into thinking they were getting more bang for their buck.

My friends who worked with Roberts at Origins said that Chris always believed what he was saying, no matter how tenuously it was connected to reality.

Hope that his developer team is good, because that's what will make or break this game, not the figurehead at the top.  Though he is good at shilling for money.

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,405
    Originally posted by Arglebargle

Hope that his developer team is good, because that's what will make or break this game, not the figurehead at the top.  Though he is good at shilling for money.

I have to agree at this point. image

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• grndzrogrndzro Member UncommonPosts: 1,162

The scope of the game with the initial budget was much smaller. Did not include FPS, Moon mining, AI economics, and a ton of other things such as improved GFX.

You are pretty naieve to think that the monetary advantage of being a small crowdfunded project applies to a full blown development team of over 200 people.

• BraindomeBraindome Member UncommonPosts: 959

This doesn't bode well for the guys that bought multiple LTI ships to try and make a market of them at launch, nice way to slap them in the face, honestly this is the lowest blow yet and to me speaks volumes of their loyalty already.

Also before anyone thinks that i'm "that guy", you are wrong. The only ship I have purchased is the Aurora LX edition as I felt $40 was more than enough and feel comfy at that price point all things considered, but I know guys that have spent thousands buying extra LTI only cause they didn't think they would return.

• sparkatbsparkatb Member UncommonPosts: 175
    Originally posted by Braindome

This doesn't bode well for the guys that bought multiple LTI ships to try and make a market of them at launch, nice way to slap them in the face, honestly this is the lowest blow yet and to me speaks volumes of their loyalty already.

Also before anyone thinks that i'm "that guy", you are wrong. The only ship I have purchased is the Aurora LX edition as I felt $40 was more than enough and feel comfy at that price point all things considered, but I know guys that have spent thousands buying extra LTI only cause they didn't think they would return.

Why be so negative! No one cares, there is no low blow. 

I've spent about $4,500 on this game so far, all of my ships bought from the RSI website, half of which are LTI, some I've sold to guild mates all for no profit.

I used to be a jobless hardcore MMO raider, I adored hardcore MMO gaming and still do - I still consider those years as some of the best days in life ever. 6 years ago I got back into work and sort of quit MMO's mainly because they were all the same old stuff.

LTI is awesome imo, its only a small perk but that's ok. If this game turns out to be half as good as I hope I will be having fun with it for a few years at least.

No Mans Sky and Elite Dangerous look awesome too, but SC is my favourite. SC has the potential to be the greatest game ever, and like I said if its half as good as I hope then I'll be happy.

Backer since mid 2013 since the LTI days. Really looking forward to the PU in 2016, hopefully Dec 2015.