Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tempers Flare Over Archeage Queues as CEO Jokes About Player Rage

2»

Comments

• fineflufffinefluff Member RarePosts: 561
    It would have been better if he just posted https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL8e2ujXe8g
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

I dont want to sound like im defending Hartsman, i am not... but i dont see why people go crazy about his comment. I dont see why or how his comment is deemed wrong coming from a CEO. OBVIOUSLY they are working on a fix for the queues, but a fix doesnt happen in the blink of an eye, specially when there are many more issues at hand.

And to the guy who posted those insults on his twitter or facebook, if i was Hartsman i would answer back telling him to enjoy the queues a bit longer. Being CEO doesnt mean one has to put up with crap from haters. If the haters want to rage, then why dont they go a fix the shit themselves. Otherwise stfu and wait.

People are just far too sensible these days.....

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Originally posted by rojoArcueid

I dont want to sound like im defending Hartsman, i am not... but i dont see why people go crazy about his comment. I dont see why or how his comment is deemed wrong coming from a CEO. OBVIOUSLY they are working on a fix for the queues, but a fix doesnt happen in the blink of an eye, specially when there are many more issues at hand.

And to the guy who posted those insults on his twitter or facebook, if i was Hartsman i would answer back telling him to enjoy the queues a bit longer. Being CEO doesnt mean one has to put up with crap from haters. If the haters want to rage, then why dont they go a fix the shit themselves. Otherwise stfu and wait.

I hate to say this, but your comments are bit naive. Because he is the CEO DOES mean he has to put up with it, publicly at least. He can say whatever he wants at home or whatever, but how he responds to ANYONE in public shows others how he represents his company. And just because one psycho is over the top doesn't mean that other customers don't feel the way that the person feels. Money is being paid for a service that is not being appropriately provided and you have the CEO saying how funny it is about how some people are reacting to it. Now if someone is F2P, then yes they should just shut up and take it since they didn't give anything. But if you're paying customer, you need to be shown respect and provided a service that was agreed to when money was exchanged.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by Albatroes

I hate to say this, but your comments are bit naive. Because he is the CEO DOES mean he has to put up with it, publicly at least. He can say whatever he wants at home or whatever, but how he responds to ANYONE in public shows others how he represents his company. And just because one psycho is over the top doesn't mean that other customers don't feel the way that the person feels. Money is being paid for a service that is not being appropriately provided and you have the CEO saying how funny it is about how some people are reacting to it. Now if someone is F2P, then yes they should just shut up and take it since they didn't give anything. But if you're paying customer, you need to be shown respect and provided a service that was agreed to when money was exchanged.

you do have a point, but it goes back to my comment, i dont see why his comment is wrong coming from a CEO. He didnt talk unprofessionally IMO. Sure F2P people can just stfu and wait, but founders too, why? because they already know XL/Trion are working on a fix and some of them still dont get it and go crazy like the one with the insulting comments. If Hartsman had a more attacking answer then sure, the ¨unprofessional¨ comments posted here would fit well. Thats all im saying. Nothing wrong with his actual comment. People need to chill. Again, it sucks that founders are going through this, but they are working on a fix. In what language do they have to repeat it for some of those guys to understand it?

• CryptorCryptor Member UncommonPosts: 523
    He should have known better, that is a really dumb comment.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Originally posted by Albatroes

you do have a point, but it goes back to my comment, i dont see why his comment is wrong coming from a CEO. He didnt talk unprofessionally IMO. Sure F2P people can just stfu and wait, but founders too, why? because they already know XL/Trion are working on a fix and some of them still dont get it and go crazy like the one with the insulting comments. If Hartsman had a more attacking answer then sure, the ¨unprofessional¨ comments posted here would fit well. Thats all im saying. Nothing wrong with his actual comment. People need to chill. Again, it sucks that founders are going through this, but they are working on a fix. In what language do they have to repeat it for some of those guys to understand it?

Its not about what he actually says, its about the context in which people can take it. And since he is CEO he knows full well how a comment he just med can infuriate the masses. That is why it is unprofessional. He already has people's money is pretty much belittle them in their eyes, hitting up social media and making jokes when he full attention could be elsewhere. That's business. In a position like his, you always have to carry yourself a certain way in the eyes of the public if you want their money or already have their money and want to avoid a lawsuit. Whether it should be seen that way or not is irrelevant. Plus if you think about it, dumping 150$ on something without anything to really show for it would make you pretty angry too. Maybe not that angry to threaten a life, but still pretty steamed.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    This idea of professionalism and gaming devs (in their more or less private lives) doesn't really make sense to me... They create entertainment products, (in this case, as well as many others) they offer free options. Like, don't like, spend.. don't spend... It's all up to you. Sales reps, Customer support... Yes professionalism should be expected. They're directly there to serve your needs, the companies CEO? Especially in such a genre.. No, what he said had nothing to do with you, the company or the service being offered, this is his off time, he's doing exactly what the linecooks do when they come home from the hot kitchen, destress... we all deserve that after a hard day's work...Stop stalking them, is what I say...

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426

You stop being a respected paying customer the moment you post crap like that. If you behave like an obnoxious brat, you deserve to be treated as such.

• AsariashaAsariasha Member UncommonPosts: 252

Unbelievable. A simple posting, yet many people seem not to be able to read and think. o.O

1) He doesn't care about internet hate.

=> Why should he? Is it helpful or any good to care about someone who offends you in a dumb way? Nope.

2) Internet hate is ubiquitous.

=> I tend to agree. 

3) Sometimes internet hate is over the edge.

=> Not sometimes but always.

• tachgbtachgb Member UncommonPosts: 791
    I'm confused, why are people getting mad over that? Gamers are just the worst bunch to deal with......
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101

I recall once Mark Jacobs that chap from Mythic had a sick son or relative and someone on the Vault boards wrote he hoped his son died because they nerfed some class. These are the kind of idiots you have and are game developers seriously supposed to take these insane over the top nonsense people sprout and give them any respect. 

What they should do is report them and have them taken to task for posting threats and have them brought to court for their idiocy.

EDIT : Just remembered it was around X'mas and Mark Jacobs was rushing back to see his kid and he said it was snowing and people posted they hoped he crashed and died.

Chamber of Chains
  • JJ82JJ82 Member UncommonPosts: 1,258
    Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by JJ82

Its Hartsman, he was called the Steve Ballmer of the video game world years ago...this isn't new.

I've never heard this - is this because you're the one who called him Steve Ballmer of video game world?

Nothing exists outside of your sphere of knowledge.

"People who tell you you’re awesome are useless. No, dangerous.

They are worse than useless because you want to believe them. They will defend you against critiques that are valid. They will seduce you into believing you are done learning, or into thinking that your work is better than it actually is." ~Raph Koster
    http://www.raphkoster.com/2013/10/14/on-getting-criticism/