Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can we get a Project Gorgon game and forum section?

RaagnarzRaagnarz Member RarePosts: 576

You guys did an article on this game a few days ago, yet there is no game section dedicated to hype this game or forum to discuss it in. It is free to play currently and in pre alpha form. There is a kickstarter running for it. The developers of it wanted to let people experience what they had done so far before asking for money to fund further development. Its being made by old Asheron Call dev's and this game is OLD school. Even at this pre alpha stage its incredible. This is exactly the type of thing Kick Starter should be used for.

But the problem is, I am many others learned about this game from this website article a few days ago. It would be really nice to be able to discuss it with others here, and hype it as well. Sadly it doesn't look like the KS will fund, but they won't be giving up on development if it doesn't. I encourage everyone to download it and try it if you long for the old days. This game is more complete than most "completed" mmo's that have launched lately.

http://projectgorgon.com/

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    I second this.
  • DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

+1

This game seems to be all positives at this point. I'm looking forward to it's launch.

• iridescenceiridescence Member UncommonPosts: 1,552

/signed

I've been following this game for a couple of years. It's one of the most promising low budget MMOs on the horizon. It just needs more exposure and publicity at this point.

• RaagnarzRaagnarz Member RarePosts: 576
    Yeah thats it, they've already proven how much they can do with zero budget, just their free time. The lead dev, his wife, and I think one other guy. He also had a friend do him a favor and donate music/sound. Imagine what they could do with a little money. The game is already of the deepest I've played since original UO as far as MMO's go. Its still pre-alpha and definitely rough. I would hope they could make some money and polish this thing up and it would blow AAA mmo's out of the water. Honestly it already is for me, played it two nights and I've uninstalled a bunch of games already.
  • ArmaelorArmaelor Member UncommonPosts: 7
    Agreed, game is promising, with this oldschool feeling that i need so much nowadays
    Yeah and the population seems to be going up day by day. I hate stratics forums, would be nice to get that section here instead lol.
  • GestankfaustGestankfaust Member UncommonPosts: 1,989
    Originally posted by MMOExposed

http://projectgorgon.com/more-info/game-systems/death-penalty/

I assume there a point to your post?

Otherwise...I agree. Great potential for sure.

"This may hurt a little, but it's something you'll get used to. Relax....."

• krondinkrondin Member UncommonPosts: 106

AGREED!

A section for this game on this site would be very nice! I am an old school mmo player and i am loving project Gorgon very much! I hope it hits its kickstarter goal and becomes a reality! 

Having to actually work to gain a skill is so rewarding after you earn it and so forgotten in todays other mmo games! TRY this game, you might just love it!  

PS: Thehiveleaders video on this website about his 1st impressions is awesome as well!

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    This is one of the first upcoming games that I've actually gotten excited about in a while. The only thing that I've seen so far that I don't like is the targeting boxes. Not sure if that will change at some point.
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Why is it that there's no entry for this game on this site?  Do they have to pay for admission?
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Originally posted by MightyUnclean
    Why is it that there's no entry for this game on this site?  Do they have to pay for admission?

From the FAQ: http://www.mmorpg.com/faq.cfm/showFaq/4/I-think-there-is-a-game-that-needs-to-be-added-to-your-list-How-do-I-submit-this.html

I think there is a game that needs to be added to your list. How do I submit this?

First, let us say thank you for taking the time to help us to maintain an up-to-date Game List. In order to get a game listed, whether you are the game's developer or just a fan who thinks the game belong here, there are a number of steps that need to be followed both in making sure that the game meets our requirements and in getting us the information that we need in order to list it:

Does it meet our requirements?

1. Make sure that the game isn't already on our list. We know that this sounds simple, but there are a lot of them and sometimes they get overlooked.
    2. The game should have the capability to support at least 500 congruent users on a single server. This is not a reflection of the game's current subscriber count, but rather reflects the capabilities of a game's technology.
    3. The game must include some form of common area where players can interact with one another inside of the persistent game world. This excludes lobby and chat room based interaction. Exceptions are made where logical (such as sports MMOs) that still fit within the spirit of what an MMO is.
    4. The game must make use of persistent characters. This means that you should be able to log in after logging out and find your character as advanced as you left them (or more).
    5. The game must contain some form of advancement.

So, what do we need in order to list the game?

When submitting a game to MMORPG.com for review for our Game List, we require the following:

• A visual representation of the game
    • A transparent .psd of your game's logo
    • A textual overview of your game
    • A professional website, name of publisher, name of developer, press contact information.
    • It can also be helpful (but is not required) to provide us with a 1,000 word + developer journal introducing the MMORPG.comreaders to your game. Just a general overview of what the game is about and some information about what you feel are the stand-out features of your game.

*A visual representation of the game

3-5 Screenshots: These screenshots must be in-engine, un-doctored screenshots. They must be representative of what a player would see when playing the game.

or

A Gameplay video: The short video does not have to be gameplay only, but should contain a significant and obvious example of un-altered gameplay footage

*Website Requirements

All games to be listed at MMORPG.com must have an active, professional website. The site must be completely free of pop-up ads and spyware.

In the case of an active or in-beta game, the site must also provide access to some kind of user support system including, but not limited to: developer active help / support forums, direct petition system or support contact email.

Exception:

MMORPG.com will occasionally make an exception to the above visual representation rules only if the following conditions are met:

1. User demand for the game's listing is high enough to warrant the decision (as decided by MMORPG.com staff).
    2. The game is being developed by a professional, well known, registered company.
    3. Personal contact has been made between MMORPG.com editorial staff and the studio in quesiton.
    Ok here is an update, I PM'd one of the devs on the stratics forums. I included this thread for them to look at, as well as gave them a direct link to PM MikeB here to request it. I also PM'd MikeB myself to inquire about adding Gorgon to the game listing and creating forums for it. I asked if there was anything I could do help expedite the process, if they are open to adding the game that is. I have also worked for software companies for the last 10-15 years, one of them a game company. I managed social media and marketing for a few companies. I volunteered my services to the project if the KS doesn't fund and they intend on attempting another KS or something similar. It is presumptuous maybe on my part, but just trying to help something that I think I'll be playing for a long time to come.
    Originally posted by Raagnarz
    Ok here is an update, I PM'd one of the devs on the stratics forums. I included this thread for them to look at, as well as gave them a direct link to PM MikeB here to request it. I also PM'd MikeB myself to inquire about adding Gorgon to the game listing and creating forums for it. I asked if there was anything I could do help expedite the process, if they are open to adding the game that is. I have also worked for software companies for the last 10-15 years, one of them a game company. I managed social media and marketing for a few companies. I volunteered my services to the project if the KS doesn't fund and they intend on attempting another KS or something similar. It is presumptuous maybe on my part, but just trying to help something that I think I'll be playing for a long time to come.

Very cool!

I also have been sparking interest in the guild I belong to. So far, the spark is smoking good :D

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Originally posted by Gestankfaust

Yeah the point is to post a link to the game being talked about, which the OP did not do. I had no idea about the game, since the website is limited with info.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• IvidnaelaxIvidnaelax Member UncommonPosts: 67
    For an old school gamer like myself, this is the game that I have been looking for. I have nothing negative to say about the game. I hope it gets funded, or at least Eric will extend the funding for another month. The word of mouth is getting out and in the last week I have seen the population increase by over 300%.
    Originally posted by Gestankfaust

Yeah the point is to post a link to the game being talked about, which the OP did not do. I had no idea about the game, since the website is limited with info.

http://projectgorgon.com/

Was linked in the first post. And there's plenty of info other that the Death Penalty....but hey...

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by Raagnarz

You guys did an article on this game a few days ago, yet there is no game section dedicated to hype this game or forum to discuss it in.

According to the KS page, if the Kicstarter fails, there may not be a PG, so it might be worth it to wait it out and see where it goes. 

Then again, there's a Divergence section, so who knows. :) 

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• BraindomeBraindome Member UncommonPosts: 959

Guy streaming on Twitch for anyone interested, lots of gameplay going on, seems better than alot of the other pipe dream MMO's currently, they say it's like Everquest alot, but to me it seems more like a cross between Vanguard gameplay and Dungeons and Dragons rulesets, don't see the Everquest comparison personally, lots of good concepts and sandbox elements for sure.

http://www.twitch.tv/tsagh

Another update, I just got a PM back from MikeB. He said he doesn't handle the games list and sections Bill does. He has forwarded my PM over to him and hopefully that will get things moving quickly.  As an aside, I thought I linked the game in the first post. Actually looks like I did just messed up the link, which I'll fix later.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    I am actually going to be very disappointed if it doesn't do well in kickstarter. Hell I even pledged what I could to this game for the time being and I've never supported a game on KS. Hopefully others see this games true potential and realize this is what many in the gaming community have been waiting for.
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    At this time asking for a separate forum for Project Gorgon will have the opposite effect of getting the word out.  It will cause threads to be shuffled off to one of the hidden corridors of MMORPG.com
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
    I disagree with that. It would allow those playing it to discuss it, and the number of people playing it is growing daily. It would allow people to look for the game and find posts to talk in, instead of this being next to the only one around. If this thread falls off the front page int he general section, there isn't much in the way of places to discuss the game. The forums section would allow people to discuss specific topics within the game, where as most of the talk here is general. In addition having the separate forums means more opportunities for threads to be on the latest activity here on the front page because more than 1 thread will be going at once. The separate section would allow the game to be hyped as well, and maybe appear top 5 which would skyrocket its visibility.
  • KuviskiKuviski Member UncommonPosts: 215

Unfortunate as it is, looks like the Kickstarter is going to fail again. Mainly probably because the game wasn't advertised enough. Personally I couldn't bring myself to back the game either because I wasn't able to try it on Linux.

It's a shame, but hope they find another way to fund it.