Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Would a B2P or F2P or Unlimited Trial model help Elder Scrolls Online from this point forward?

2»

Comments

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    I would pick it up in a heartbeat for B2P.
  • MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Originally posted by Siug
    Arghh yet another weird thread from this one. OP you trolled ESO quite hard during the launch and what makes you think now that it should be f2p if there are enough players and the game is doing well?

Actually I stayed quiet about ESO around and before launch. I avoided this forum until after the hype part passed by. 

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• Painbringer7Painbringer7 Member UncommonPosts: 121
    B2P, I would already be playing it if it was.

The code of the pessimistic loner: "We unpopular loners are realists, who follow the three non- popular principles: Not having any (Hope), Not making any (Gaps in your heart); And not giving into (Sweet talk)".

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    B2P with cash shop similar to GW2's selling bag slots, character slots, exp boosts, etc.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by Octagon7711
    Originally posted by mgilbrtsn
    Can someone link their stats.  All I think I've seen is people just saying it's failing, or dead, or whatever.  I would like to have some facts before recomending another model.

http://www.steamcharts.com/app/306130#All

Thats a huge number of losses, i guess moving to steam did not help the game at all. Its a good job the game has megaservers after all, otherwise the game would look a bit empty. Its easy to see why Zenimax is not keen on releasing any metrics, though i can imagine their probably not all that happy that they can't stop Steam from releasing their own image

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Phry
    Originally posted by Octagon7711
    Originally posted by mgilbrtsn
    Can someone link their stats.  All I think I've seen is people just saying it's failing, or dead, or whatever.  I would like to have some facts before recomending another model.

http://www.steamcharts.com/app/306130#All

Thats a huge number of losses, i guess moving to steam did not help the game at all. Its a good job the game has megaservers after all, otherwise the game would look a bit empty. Its easy to see why Zenimax is not keen on releasing any metrics, though i can imagine their probably not all that happy that they can't stop Steam from releasing their own image

lol

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • Nope. Sells are good at the moment and lots of content every month.

Never change ESO, keep it up zenimax.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Originally posted by Albatroes
    B2P with cash shop similar to GW2's selling bag slots, character slots, exp boosts, etc.

XP boosts define what is wrong with cash shops, no thanks.

This discussion has been closed.