Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Desert First Look+Extended Gameplay Uncut

SilentstormSilentstorm Member UncommonPosts: 1,126

First Look Extended Game Play 30 minutes

Extended Character Customization+Commentary

I decided not only to review the game. But also help along people stuck in certain parts of the game. The language barrier can be pretty annoying in this game. But a few things can always help you out. 

Well for starters if you're playing and you end up stuck. Log out to the character select. And then log back in. The game will basically show you where you can get quest. Or where to go for a quest in the loading screen. It's helped me quite a few times. Especially logging in for the first time in the day.

Another key thing to always do. Is when trying to auto path somewhere. Hit tab to force yourself out of combat. This will allow auto path to work. And this is also the case when needing to talk to a npc target. Put away those weapons and you can easily speak to them.

Now as for the game I love it. But i will not sell you a bridge here. The game does what other games have done. The only thing is Black Desert does it better. The game is a quester, this means quest are you best means to level. You can grind mobs in fact it's fun. And soloing world bosses is the best. But if you want to move the story and your levels. It's best to find every quest at your level and do them.

The music in this game is crazy. It's Final Fantasy good and crisp. Sets the mood every time. And I can't find a tune so far or a area. That i can really say "yuck cut this off." The sounds are on point too. Things that are violent sound exactly how you would expect.

The graphics as everyone knows is top notch. It stresses my pc and almost nothing does that. The landmarks in the game are gorgeous. And traveling places fighting things makes you feel really immersed.

The characters themselves have a lot of personality. And you can customize them almost in every way possible. To my sadness the games options. Are really not sensitive to a Afro American customization at all. Beyond the skin color everything else. You need to do some serious work to mold things out.

Now with that said the character creation. Maybe the most simple and hard one ever created. Now I know that sounds impossible. But here me out on why. You don't have a lot of options or areas to navigate. But the areas you do have are so robust. You can literally sit there for hours. Trying to get a face just right. Because you literally have complete control of the face regions. This is also the case for the whole body.

Action is this game makes me want to keep playing. You have total control over your character combos and positioning. This makes for an incredibly dynamic fight. Where enemies are harder to deal with. But you have more tools to dish out damage. You can button mash until something parries you or combo breaks you. You still need to play it smart on some enemies. Keep them at ranged or on the ground. I learned the hard way on a few things. Don't let your pride get the best of you.

I recommend this game to anyone who likes MMO's. It does have some flaws. Like the same npc's being over used in the world. And performance issues in world dungeons. Because it's not a instance it's live and everyone can run in and out of them. This is a loading nightmare. I think it's a good idea, but it maybe a better idea to instance them away from the world.

I will be doing a second and third look. Because I was told to put out long content. By Daum itself and be as truthful as I can. So for just this one time you will see more than two reviews.

Comments

• Painbringer7Painbringer7 Member UncommonPosts: 121
    The combat looks fun.  "A quester game" huh?. Well as long as you are not forced to do them in order to advance.  Not sure how I feel about the auto-running to quests....feels kinda lazy to me. Some of that combat music reminds me of FF Crystal Chronicles, I like it.

The code of the pessimistic loner: "We unpopular loners are realists, who follow the three non- popular principles: Not having any (Hope), Not making any (Gaps in your heart); And not giving into (Sweet talk)".