Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Xbox One Vs. PS4 question

Elevenb4Elevenb4 Member UncommonPosts: 362

I'm a little pissed. I bought my PS4 at release, my other friends had to wait till about a week ago to get  a new console, but all 3 of them went with a Xbox one. So here I am playing Destiny solo, they are playing it all together. I'm so tempted to take my ps4 and xbox360 in and get a xbox one just so I can play with those guys. Except I'm scared I'll regret it, but at the same time, it sucks not being able to play with your friends, even if they are stupid and left me hanging. We've been gaming together for about 6 years now so you know, I feel lonely lol. 

Any thoughts on this? Would I completely regret it? Shoudl I just wait till X-mas time frame and get an Xbox One then? 

-Unconstitutional laws aren't laws.-

Comments

• JJ82JJ82 Member UncommonPosts: 1,258

Your friends have shown themselevs to be idiots, get better friends.

No one is worth downgrading your system for.

"People who tell you you’re awesome are useless. No, dangerous.

They are worse than useless because you want to believe them. They will defend you against critiques that are valid. They will seduce you into believing you are done learning, or into thinking that your work is better than it actually is." ~Raph Koster
    http://www.raphkoster.com/2013/10/14/on-getting-criticism/

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

if you like your PS4 then keep it.

If you have a GameStop store near home then check it out, GameSto most of the time offers extra credit for trade ins. Every time i trade in i wait for extra credit deals. Check on their website. You could trade in your 360 (if you dont need it) with an extra credit deal during holiday and get an XBONE cheaper that way. Playing with friends friends will always be worth any platform you get.

But if you dont want to wait then take a loss and trade everything for an XBONE. 

I traded in my PS3 and 360 for a PS4 and, even though i dont regret it, i miss my PS3 again so i will get one as soon as i can find a good deal.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

Get an Xbox One if you really want to play with your friends. Xbox one is the same as PS4.

Also Sony looks like an unstable company at the moment, making loss after loss ;D

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by Elevenb4

I'm a little pissed. I bought my PS4 at release, my other friends had to wait till about a week ago to get  a new console, but all 3 of them went with a Xbox one. So here I am playing Destiny solo, they are playing it all together. I'm so tempted to take my ps4 and xbox360 in and get a xbox one just so I can play with those guys. Except I'm scared I'll regret it, but at the same time, it sucks not being able to play with your friends, even if they are stupid and left me hanging. We've been gaming together for about 6 years now so you know, I feel lonely lol. 

Any thoughts on this? Would I completely regret it? Shoudl I just wait till X-mas time frame and get an Xbox One then? 

isn't Destiny also on the 360, if so why not just buy that copy of the game, and you can join them then, the difference between the MS versions is probably not that great anyway image

• hunt55511hunt55511 Member UncommonPosts: 25

Honestly, it doesn't overly matter. The only real difference between the XOne and PS4 are their UIs, controllers, and exclusive content. I'd go into a Gamestop/Anywhere with an XOne on display and test out the controller, and if you feel you can get used to the controller differences then the rest doesn't overly matter. UI is easy to adapt to after a day or two, and so far the exclusive content for each console has been rather unappealing.

Just value the pros vs the cons for each system:

• Specs are nigh-on identical (PS4 slightly higher)
    • Looks don't overly matter (The PS4 is way better to look at, IMO)
    • Controller is personal preference (Pro or Con depending on you)
    • Exclusives are personal preference (Pro or Con depending on you)
    • Playing with friends is a pro for just about everyone.

Weigh the two consoles based on their actual merits as gaming consoles and not all of the fluff that doesn't matter, like features you'll rarely (ever) use.

Originally posted by JJ82

how can they be idiots for choosing the platform they like? They would be real idiots if they choose what you tell them to choose.

Originally posted by fivoroth

Get an Xbox One if you really want to play with your friends. Xbox one is the same as PS4.

Also Sony looks like an unstable company at the moment, making loss after loss ;D

Sony´s losses come from mobile and computer departments. Playstation gives them more money than those departments combined right now.

Originally posted by rojoArcueid
    Originally posted by fivoroth

Sony´s losses come from mobile and computer departments. Playstation gives them more money than those departments combined right now.

Given that Sony's losses pale into insignificance compared to Microsofts, i don't think thats an argument thats really going to work, besides, Sony is actually making a profit with the PS4, which is something Microsoft is definitely not doing. image

• KalmarthKalmarth Member Posts: 443

Buy a Good PC and forget the console, play a game the way its ment to be played in 4k

Originally posted by Kalmarth

Buy a Good PC and forget the console, play a game the way its ment to be played in 4k

Why? Each platform has a purpose and a target audience. A good PC is mor powerful, but its not the god of gaming.

And 4k is still irrelevant today.

Why? Each platform has a purpose and a target audience. A good PC is mor powerful, but its not the god of gaming.

And 4k is still irrelevant today.

4K is much the same as 3D, a bit of a gimmick at the moment, and not really all that serious, one day in the future maybe, but not yet. Me i would rather have a game run well at 1080 x 60fps than worry about whether it had either of the other features, although if it could make a great coffee at the same time i'd be more interested image

• Elevenb4Elevenb4 Member UncommonPosts: 362

Thanks for all the replies. After thinking about it and reading what you all posted, I think I'll keep it. One big reason is because if I did trade it in, I would just go get another once Gran Turismo 7 came out. I had my old xbox60 and PS3 + games to trade in, so I know I could get a good deal regardless. 

Like someone  said, playing with friends make a lot of difference anyways. Controller wise, i like the Xbox controller more as I have smaller hands. While I do love the PS4 controller, it feels big in my hands. 

-Unconstitutional laws aren't laws.-

• DeniZgDeniZg Member UncommonPosts: 697

Since you are obviously from US (no way that you would know 3 people who bought XB1 if you weren't), I suppose you might as well trade your PS4 for XB1 (if you can't have both that is).

XB1 has some nice features in US (Netflix, Hulu etc.) and you can also stream your TV to Smartglass, as I've heard.

PS4 has remote play thorugh Vita, but if you're not into that and all your friends are on XB1, I think it's actually not a tough choice to make.

Disclaimer: Written by X360 and PS4 owner from EU.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

Haha, how is Destiny running on your uber PC? Ooh, wait! Guess the "master race" will have to wait a year to play the game :D Nothing to do with the fact that PC might be a second tier platform for AAA games.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• grndzrogrndzro Member UncommonPosts: 1,162

If you like RPG's you should have a deathgrip on your PS4.

Destiny isn't all it's cracked up to be.

• RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029

I am going to buy a ps4 for bloodborne,i also see some other good exclusives and after the x-bone disaster at e3 lat year where they tried to force players to log on everytime and trying to stop pre-played game sales I have a bad taste about x-box.

but if the souls games was on x-box I would have bought one,i think ps4 is better.

pc master race though its so sad everything is not on pc!

• ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933

So because his friends chose to purchase a different console they are idiots ? Wow..

Furthermore, can you elaborate on "downgrading" ? Both consoles play Destiny at 1080p locked at 30 fps. 1080p@60 fps is a dream for both machines. 

• JJ82JJ82 Member UncommonPosts: 1,258

how can they be idiots for choosing the platform they like? They would be real idiots if they choose what you tell them to choose.

Now apply what you just said to the OP, who bought a PS4 and is asking if he should give up the platform he chose, because he liked it so he can play with his friends that knowingly bought a different system than he did........

"People who tell you you’re awesome are useless. No, dangerous.

They are worse than useless because you want to believe them. They will defend you against critiques that are valid. They will seduce you into believing you are done learning, or into thinking that your work is better than it actually is." ~Raph Koster
    http://www.raphkoster.com/2013/10/14/on-getting-criticism/

• NevulusNevulus Member UncommonPosts: 1,288
    If you are planning on playing multiple games with them down the road, then go ahead and trade it in. But if it's just for Destiny, I'd advise to just keep your PS4. It's a gamer's console, you can find lots of friends to play with on PS4, just make a post in this forum or on Bungie looking for a clan, or join a multigaming community. There are many around from Angry Army to Team Legacy who all play various games both on console & PC.
  • lovebuglovebug Member UncommonPosts: 260

I have the ps4 and xbox one

xbox one I hardly ever turn on.

ps4 is never off :)).

friends I know went with xbox one and  most have regret it.

• DeddmeatDeddmeat Member UncommonPosts: 387

Originally posted by hunt55511
    Honestly, it doesn't overly matter. The only real difference between the XOne and PS4 are their UIs, controllers, and exclusive content. I'd go into a Gamestop/Anywhere with an XOne on display and test out the controller, and if you feel you can get used to the controller differences then the rest doesn't overly matter. UI is easy to adapt to after a day or two, and so far the exclusive content for each console has been rather unappealing.Just value the pros vs the cons for each system: Specs are nigh-on identical (PS4 slightly higher) Looks don't overly matter (The PS4 is way better to look at, IMO) Controller is personal preference (Pro or Con depending on you) Exclusives are personal preference (Pro or Con depending on you) Playing with friends is a pro for just about everyone.Weigh the two consoles based on their actual merits as gaming consoles and not all of the fluff that doesn't matter, like features you'll rarely (ever) use.

Hunt is right, get both ;-) Your friends might get the PS4 version on a sale and you can play in both together then.

I got mine on the PS4 since i have Titanfall on the Xbox One, I'd still like to get Destiny on the Xbox One though but i'll wait a bit for that.

Stupidly I got the digital deluxe download on the PS4 not the PS3, if i had then i could download free on the PS4 as well.

• LethalBurstLethalBurst Member UncommonPosts: 367
    The PS4 is a WAY better console than XBOX One. I wouldn't take an XBOX One for free. OP, your friends chose poorly.
  • BattlerockBattlerock Member CommonPosts: 1,393
    Xb1 apps are better, services are better, playing with friends better, controllers better, games are a tie, graphics are a tie for all real purposes, xb1 ui better, I sold my ps4 and picked up an xb1 just like all my friends have too, ultimately the main difference is Xbox live service is better than psn and we don't have the patience, we all played 360 and psn in the past and dealing with psn just always sucked, it's been that way they said they would change but didn't, Xbox live is still solid. I hate downloading games and broken games though and that's what both new gen consoles have, it's par for the industry to today's standard though. Just buy an xb1 and have fun with your friends.
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Somehow I don't think the OP cares at this point since the first post was made  almost 4 and a half months ago.
  • BattlerockBattlerock Member CommonPosts: 1,393
    Originally posted by Kefo

Somehow I don't the ink the OP cares at this point since the first post was made  almost 4 and a half months ago.

That is true, but read through these and compare then to now. This is fun to do with much older games as well. Revive the perspectives.