Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buying land

caine6621caine6621 Member UncommonPosts: 210
I was going to play but for obvious reasons I have decided to wait a bit.  I thought I saw in a post that you have to be a patron if you want to own land.  I was going to try it for free and then if I liked it I would subscribe but that seems kinda stupid.  Is that the case?

There are only 10 types of people in this world, those that understand binary and those that don't

Comments

• AnthurAnthur Member UncommonPosts: 961

Yes, you have to be patron to own any land as only patrons can pay the taxes for the land.

Also, I don't see a reason to buy land from people. Either start on a server with lower population or just wait 1-2 weeks. Land will become available from people who left after launch. Just check the infos on the built houses/farms etc when tax expires.

• mark2123mark2123 Member UncommonPosts: 450

If you play F2P only and you get no land, what realistic chance is there to achieve anything?

Is the game techincally free, but of no real use to anyone that doesn't pay?  If so, that's a bit sly, though in saying that, free or paid for, I haven't been able to log in more than once yet, though it was as 3am.

• tachgbtachgb Member UncommonPosts: 791
    It makes sense...Free to play users probably outweigh Patron users, it also acts as a filter, to make sure poeple don't make several F2P accounts and steal all the land.
  • caine6621caine6621 Member UncommonPosts: 210

Sorry, should have put "owning land" as the title, not buying.

Will I get an idea if I want to become a patron without owning any land?  I don't mind paying for a game but I feel ripped off lately by all the crap out there.

There are only 10 types of people in this world, those that understand binary and those that don't

• tachgbtachgb Member UncommonPosts: 791
    I'm sure once you start playing and see peoples homes and businesses as you embark on quests you'll decide pretty quickly if Patron is worth it or not. I became a Patron just so I can grow veg, fruit and livestock, heck, even grow some trees to sell the wood.