Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Life is Feudal - Perma Banned on forums for no reason.

I basically said on the forums there is another game similar to this called Gloria Victus, which there is no rule against and i received a perma ban

http://i.cubeupload.com/0qARLl.pnghttp://i.cubeupload.com/0qARLl.png

Another bunch of corrupt indie devs who bribed their way onto steam, this post it to make others aware of their nature.

Comments

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805
    Maybe the mod just banned the wrong guy or maybe they thought you were peddling another game. Try contacting them. In any case I see the reason was edited out
  • wesjrwesjr Member UncommonPosts: 506
    Look like an advertisement for another game to me, you post nothing constructive and wonder why you were banned?
  • 40 min no reply, he banned and gave no reason, it was because i talked about another game and they did not like it i guess.
  • there is nothing against posting a link to another game and simply stating its similar is there, and a 1 or 2 day ban maybe, perma lifetime ban? are you one of the devs?
  • serialMMOistserialMMOist Member Posts: 88
    The Devs are not being as forgiving as you would expect when launching a game. Some of them have their backs up big time. I'll be staying far away from this as much as I hate to do so.
  • NevulusNevulus Member UncommonPosts: 1,288
    If you have a problem with Steam forum moderation, rules of participation, or the development team of the game in question, perhaps you should take it up with them. This is not the place to broadcast a personal grudge.
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,405
    Originally posted by Chattaway
    Originally posted by Nevulus
    If you have a problem with Steam forum moderation, rules of participation, or the development team of the game in question, perhaps you should take it up with them. This is not the place to broadcast a personal grudge.

Oh you know why? because it seems nearly all the devs are russian... guess what other game had russian devs that liked to ban people left right and center for no reason? The War Z.

And this is to warn people what they are like, i can't do it on steam so i'll do it here to show people that they can't be trusted. the game looked good and i wanted to buy and try it but with their devs banning me for no reason and saying the game may fail in their other post i think i'll stay away from the stalin corruption going on.

Not to be a big meanie here but most of us don't need any warning, talking about other games in a game forums is usually not a very bright thing to do until you know how strict or loose the moderation is.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    so the mo vs df war moves on to lif and gv
  • Originally posted by Asm0deus

Oh you know why? because it seems nearly all the devs are russian... guess what other game had russian devs that liked to ban people left right and center for no reason? The War Z.

And this is to warn people what they are like, i can't do it on steam so i'll do it here to show people that they can't be trusted. the game looked good and i wanted to buy and try it but with their devs banning me for no reason and saying the game may fail in their other post i think i'll stay away from the stalin corruption going on.

Not to be a big meanie here but most of us don't need any warning, talking about other games in a game forums is usually not a very bright thing to do until you know how strict or loose the moderation is.

Have i broke a rule on mmorpg.com? am i now not allowed the basic of human rights to voice my simple opinion and experiences with an mmo on an mmo website?

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Originally posted by Asm0deus

Have i broke a rule on mmorpg.com? am i now not allowed the basic of human rights to voice my simple opinion and experiences with an mmo on an mmo website?

No one said you cant say anything here and I am not a supporter of the direction lif is taken but I have given some money to GV and they seem to be on the same track they said from when I gave it. The problem is you really didn't have mention GV- you could have just said another game etc.

• JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,984
    Trolls they be a trolln.  You can't tell trolls the authorities got ya for no good reason.  That's like cream pie to them.  If it's consolation I'll believe you.  Been banned from many a forum myself.  Moderators are immature.  Kinda like government officials.  The only reason they have that job is because no one smart wants it.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003

I basically said on the forums there is another game similar to this called Gloria Victus, which there is no rule against and i received a perma ban

Another bunch of corrupt indie devs who bribed their way onto steam, this post it to make others aware of their nature.

I think context is very important.

what it "looks like" is someone concerned about several issues and you offering a "different game" for them to check out. Essentially turning people onto other games.

I admit it's a bit draconian but that's my sense when actually reading the posts.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,405

Silly, I didn't mean here I mean on the Life is feudal forums or the steam forums which ever one it was you got banned on!

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• augustgraceaugustgrace Member UncommonPosts: 628
    Given that the ban appears to be on a steam forum, what makes you think that someone from the Life team had anything to do with the ban?
  • OmaliOmali MMO Business CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,177
    Originally posted by augustgrace
    Given that the ban appears to be on a steam forum, what makes you think that someone from the Life team had anything to do with the ban?

The developers have control over their game's forums on Steam, Valve does not handle moderation of game-specific discussions.

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

First you advertise another game on THEIR forum - then you wonder why you get a ban.

Take the scene to mmorpg.com and draw a random connection to War Z and tell everyone that Russians have a "Stalin corruption" going on.

Tell me, are you trying to troll 2 forums at the same time or are you challenged by your own prejudices?

Harbinger of Fools
  • DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

When was posting opinions on forums included in basic human rights ? That one actually made me laugh. Anyhow...Why is it always the guys that were just minding their own business bringing cookies to orphans  that show up here after the big bad mod wolf bans them and never the " hey I was a total ass and got banned wtf" guy ?

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988

Because you responded to another posters questions about Life is Feudal by linking another game completely ignoring the posters questions.

• free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043

Been perma banned on 4 or 5 MMO forums, been 3 day banned here that many, been 3 day banned on SA at least half a dozen times,

gonna piss people off every so often. Fuckit.

• BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556

They said the final price would be between 20-30usd but then the final price was listed at $39.99.

A lot of people/are were upset because like myself they were actually following, looking forward to, and expecting to pay within the price range the devs had previously mentioned.

Not only the OP but other people have also been banned by their forum mobs today for even questioning them about their last minute price hike.

They can do w/e they like b/c it's their game but the way they are handling everything in the past 24 hours is not really too cool, imo.

I'm not entirely against purchasing the game in the future though if current players say it checks out and all the features they promised are there.

• kosackosac Member UncommonPosts: 206
    maybe russians dont like polish :D
  • DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203
    there is nothing against posting a link to another game and simply stating its similar is there, and a 1 or 2 day ban maybe, perma lifetime ban? are you one of the devs?

There is no enshrined right to Free Speech on the Internet.  Their forum, their rules.  That's the way it is.

• Proudsoul1Proudsoul1 Member UncommonPosts: 72

Well TBH you DID do something wrong. You advertised another game and they didnt like that.

Let me ask you a question if you owned a burger place and someone came in and was telling people " there is a place that is sellling burgers down the road" would you allow them to continue and stay in your place?

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    What can we do about it? I was in a game for 3+ years where you got banned just cause the admin was in a bad mood on that day. I still visit that game to this date. Just be careful what you say.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178

That right does not exist on a forum actually. There forum, there rules. Just as that I have the right to remove you from my house if I disagree with your opinion. Anyhow you advertised an other game in a thread that is saying "thinking of buying". Personally I would not have banned someone from that, there is competition and they should deal with the fact there is. However I do not find it to strange that they do so, especially in a thread that is called thinking about buying. You really do not want a link in there to a other website where someone might get a similar or even better product. In my opinion they have more right to protect there income then you have sharing links to the competition. 

This discussion has been closed.