Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Archeage server queues are a sign

Comments

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by Varex12
    Originally posted by ClippersNBA

A sign of how desperate people have been for a real open world MMORPG instead of all of these terrible casual lobby multiplayer adventure games we've been having to deal with.

Archaeage may not be perfect, and I don't like Asian themed MMOs, but it's way better than the other crap out there.

Hopefully developers start to wake up.

You do realize that nearly every single AAA themepark released in the last few years has had long server queues as well, right?  I'm not sure the AA queues are a sign of anything other than people wanting to try a new game.  It happens with nearly every new release these days, no matter the sub-category of MMO that we use to describe them.  

That's what I thought the moment I saw this attempt at "Sandbox uber alles" propaganda nonsense.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

A sign of how desperate people have been for a real open world MMORPG instead of all of these terrible casual lobby multiplayer adventure games we've been having to deal with.

Archaeage may not be perfect, and I don't like Asian themed MMOs, but it's way better than the other crap out there.

yea, if you have no idea of how servers work, you'd say of cors they have MORE Than enough servers and capacity, and since the queues are high, it's a clear sign!

orrrrrrrrrr.... you'd  say their server capacity sucks

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015
    only thing it tells me are that the servers are'nt big enough or they dont have enough servers. it does'nt tell me how many players the servers hold.. could just be a couple of thousand for all i know.

I had fun once, it was terrible.

• Astro6Astro6 Member UncommonPosts: 247
    Originally posted by muthax
    EVERY game released in the last 5-6 years (at least) without some 'megaserver' architecture had queues the first 1-2 weeks of release. Even Wildstar. So... I'd wait a month or two to see who sticks around

WRONG GW2 never had queues they had overflow servers you got to play the game

• WaterlilyWaterlily Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

A sign people are willing to spend €150 on a F2P game with a cash shop.

That's not a very good sign, I thought companies could milk MMO players, I didn't realise the could outright take advantage of them.

• Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    If they had 20+ servers, I might agree with that.
  • WaterlilyWaterlily Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

I looked at some video of the game, you're kidding me right.

Bad graphics, thempark quests and solo combat.

It also seems to have one of those pay2win cash shops that allow you to prevent breaking items or increase a chance to upgrade your item,  I tried a game like that once, never again.

• JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    If queues are still this long in 2-3 weeks, I predict they will add a couple more servers. If not, ...well there you go.  They are probably easing into any major server decisions atm due to the sensitivity of the required playerbase and inability to merger servers.
    Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Kyprosa (eu) had wait times of 7-9 hours last night. So lol at the guy saying that queues can't be longer than 1-4 hours. Although that server is the most populated server from all EU AND U.S. servers...

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• EridanixEridanix Member Posts: 426

Reporting From EU. Queues are extremely long; estimated time 4 hours. And I have a lot of thing to do. But it's good, adding servers would be the only solution; it has come clear that only those servers in EU are not enough and the lesser...

For other part: Brave Scotland, decide your path and destiny by yourself, We Hail thou! Whatever you decide, is your Right to do so, according to Law and International Law. We are on your side.

It is a question of fangs.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by Astro6
    Originally posted by muthax
    EVERY game released in the last 5-6 years (at least) without some 'megaserver' architecture had queues the first 1-2 weeks of release. Even Wildstar. So... I'd wait a month or two to see who sticks around

WRONG GW2 never had queues they had overflow servers you got to play the game

Which doesn't work in a game with open world resources to obtain and control. But that was Trion's responsibility to accommodate for this.

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785
    Oh I thought it was a sign that the next WoW expansion wasn't out yet.
  • tupodawg999tupodawg999 Member UncommonPosts: 724

Players owning land might make server merges much more difficult so in the long run it *might* be better for them to have queues now than merges later. It's hard to know for sure.

• JJ82JJ82 Member UncommonPosts: 1,258

A sign?

Lets see now, the short time I played the Russian Beta, it had 10 servers and I heard it went live with more. So, at least 11 or 12 servers at launch...for Russia. The Japanese launch was smooth, no queues and tons of players.

American/EU launch? 8 servers. 8? For America AND the EU?!?

Its a sign alright, that Trion is still a bad company when it comes to launching MMOs. Rift was a horrible launch, Defiance? OMG bad!

"People who tell you you’re awesome are useless. No, dangerous.

They are worse than useless because you want to believe them. They will defend you against critiques that are valid. They will seduce you into believing you are done learning, or into thinking that your work is better than it actually is." ~Raph Koster
    http://www.raphkoster.com/2013/10/14/on-getting-criticism/

• JorendoJorendo Member UncommonPosts: 275
    Originally posted by Gruug

And waiting 4 plus hours to get into a server is not going to go over well with many people. I predict that half of those attempting to log in today won't be playing one month from now. Better log in times for sure but the popularity factor also takes a hit.

Final Fantasy 14 a realm reborn had the exact same issues. To make it worse they didn't had a afk timer so players who managed to get in would never logoff cause they didn't want to wait in queues....but because they never logged out people got in 10+ hour queues.

That game was a subscription based game....guess what....its still there and many people still play. Even people who complained the loudest. O how that game had to burn and how SquareEnix where frauds and noobs. They didn't want to open new servers back then cause they didn't want to make the mistake so many MMO's done before (opening many servers to get the presure of the queues just to have ghost servers 2 months later).

ArcheAge has long massive queues too. It happens, this is nothing new for MMORPG's people. Really you are all making a huge drama out of it but most popular MMO's had big queues during the launch week. Sure maybe not all as long as this game. But MMO's are more popular then ever before. ArcheAge is also one of the more awaited MMO's and the fact that you don't have to buy it means even more people want to get in right from the start.

Patrons do go before in queue over none patrons. But there are still so many patrons that you still end up in long queues. A friend of mine isn't patron. He was in a queue of 2,5 hour. I logged in 10 minutes later as him with Patron access, i stood in line for 1,5 hour.

Though it would suit Trion well to compensate this week for patron owners. Give them free day's as most people who have jobs don't get to play the game during the week day's. The queues are to long if you only have a few hours per evening. On top of that i haven't been able to login cause everytime i wait the hours given....i get a "connection lost to server" once I'm finally allowed in and they put you at the back of the queue again.

But the queues where to be expected. Even with Patron access seeing how many people have a patron status.

• Painbringer7Painbringer7 Member UncommonPosts: 121

So, your saying it may be garbage but it is shinier garbage than the rest.......ggreaat that makes me feel so much better. How about somebody just make a good MMORPG instead.  Yeah yeah I know good games are hard to make, just saying (and no I am not making one, so don't pull that one on me).

The code of the pessimistic loner: "We unpopular loners are realists, who follow the three non- popular principles: Not having any (Hope), Not making any (Gaps in your heart); And not giving into (Sweet talk)".

• Squeak69Squeak69 Member UncommonPosts: 959

funny Final Fantasy had the exact same issue, isnt it more a sign or poor launch planning

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage
    Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    These queues are not normal.
    I've seen launches for every single MMO on earth and although all had queues problems the first 2 days on AA is now 7 days with massive queues with some people waiting up to 6 hours.
    So either this game is really popular or Trion understimated the interest on this kind of game.

Originally posted by DMKano

I like ArcheAge a great deal - been playing it for 2 years now (started on Korean servers)

Is it a perfect game - no it's not, but it is IMO the best hybrid/sandpark game on the market currently.

What makes AA work is that a themepark player on first play does not feel completely lost - as the game eases you into sandbox elements. I know that AA gets a lot of flack for being "the same old ? thing" at first - its because of majority of playerbase is used to following ? in MMORPGs due to WoW.

Ask any average WoW player to give EvE a shot - see how long they'll last - I doubt that most make it past 1 hour.

Or remember vanilla SWG - yeah I doubt that any WoW player would last very long there - as open sandbox play is totally new and alienating experience to many who are not familiar with it.

I'd love to see more AAA western studios go for more of a sandpark game - heavy sandbox gameplay is just too risky as far as AAA investment - as the return on heavy investment would not be there.

But a sandpark western game would work very well IMO.

i played both EvE and SWG and didnt get lost i enjoyed both for the most part, although SWG more then EvE. but i also still enjoy WoW.

so i would disagree with that thoery

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage

Originally posted by ste2000
    These queues are not normal. I've seen launches for every single MMO on earth and although all had queues problems the first 2 days on AA is now 7 days with massive queues with some people waiting up to 6 hours. So either this game is really popular or Trion understimated the interest on this kind of game.

you apprently where not around for final fantasy 14 reborn launch

• LanfeaLanfea Member UncommonPosts: 223
    over this blind archeage hype people forgot how this game managed the first months after its launch in korea ... no other mmog, not even swtor, was converted from p2p to f2p that fast. and the reason why people droped out of this game wasn't the payment model. archeage did and does have some major issues. sure, the fanboy won't see it and will defend his love with naive passion and he has all rights to do so, but the reallity is something else.
  • Atis-nobAtis-nob Member UncommonPosts: 98
    Originally posted by ste2000
    These queues are not normal. I've seen launches for every single MMO on earth and although all had queues problems the first 2 days on AA is now 7 days with massive queues with some people waiting up to 6 hours. So either this game is really popular or Trion understimated the interest on this kind of game.

Underestimated how? They knew exactly how much founders and patrons they got.

BTW, do you really saw few hundreds of launches?

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by immodium
    Plus it's F2P.

Right - F2P - that's it. That is why they also have a sub and a Founders pak or what ever they are calling it now.  People don't want to believe all the negatives in this game because it has housing in it. OH WAIT, a F2P player CAN'T have a house or a farm. You have to be online playing in order for your LP points to increase and at 60 LP per hr, it takes a long time to do anything in game.

People see the sign of a large queues as a sign of a good game, not in the first week. Heck, when WoW first came out, it was nigh impossible to log in for the first month.

This is a mediocre Korean grind game as I have played it in Beta. I found nothing rewarding or exciting on first blush and that is important, isn't it. The first experience determines whether or not you will continue playing. Also full loot PvP will turn people off quickly too, when they can lose their precious items form the Founders pak.

if you are not part of one of the massive guilds that got in first, you not have ANY impact on the games economy or PvP.

• PraxusPraxus Member Posts: 266
    Yeah its a sign. A sign of the worst mmorpg release ever. Seriously who planned this launch, chimps? Lol, my cat would have made a better call as to number of servers needed. 4000 spot queues... haha unbelievable.
  • Dragoncline00Dragoncline00 Member Posts: 21
    Originally posted by WNxbadboy3
    the game is so popluar thats why there's queues.  but far enough if people can't wait for a few days for trions world so sort out the servers then sorry but  go play a diffrent game archeage is not a soical game at end game it requires Time!.  I got a better idea buy patron status if you want to skip the queue.

There are thousands of people who have bought "Patron status" and still cannot get into the game.
     Look at their forums it is full of people who can't play because of the fucked up server que's and all

of the "AFKer's not even playing the game.