Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do these large ques mean we will see a huge drop off in a couple of months or does it mean we are ac

greatskysgreatskys Member UncommonPosts: 451

I can see Trions dilema . If they add more servers then if there is a drop off in two or three months then there will be dead servers and much needed server mergers . This would anger people with housing I imagine and lets face it people in forums such as this will be making comments like the game has "failed" . The same people who are probably complaining now about the que wait times . 

But the other possibility which I admit I'm a little dubious about myself but am not willing to rule out is that we are seeing so many people trying to get in because what we are seeing is the dawn of next massively successful mmo  . They kind of thing we have not seen in a decade . 

Its pretty obvious they will have to bite the bullet and offer new servers asap . If there is a drop off down the line then maybe they will need to offer free transfers for a while and some sort of compensation for land lost . 

My view on it is I won't be paying a patron pass until things are sorted out and I am quite happy to play some Rift when I cant get on at peak times . I have friends paying the patron pass and they are still seeing these waits of thousands to get in . It would be worth the patron status if you had que priority but that isn't happening it seems according to the people I know in the game . 

I love the game its the best mmo I have seen since Vanilla WoW so they will get my money eventually but they need to buck up their ideas first . 

Comments

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    No this is an artificial situation created by too few servers.

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556

It means its the first days of a FREE GAME that got TONS of media hype.

It'll die down, especially considering the first 30 levels are the worst part of the game.

• RoguewizRoguewiz Member UncommonPosts: 711

No.  Just about every new MMO undershoots their server requirements and experiences login problems.  They are normally forced to add more login servers and game servers to compensate.  It'll flush itself out in a few weeks.  After a month, it'll stabilize as the content locusts leave.

Raquelis in various games
    Played: Everything
    Playing: Nioh 2, Civ6
    Wants: The World
    Anticipating: Everquest Next Crowfall, Pantheon, Elden Ring

Tank - Healer - Support: The REAL Trinity
  • oldschoolpunkoldschoolpunk Member Posts: 281
    If you remember FFXIV:  Realm Reborn's launch, you know this is nothing.  They had TONS of servers and had the same queue issues at about the same rate.  They eventually turned them into megaservers (i believe) after the drifters drifted.

• IkonicIkonic Member UncommonPosts: 310
    Few servers and that fact that people are probably staying on while AFK to regen LP.
  • 3-4thElf3-4thElf Member Posts: 489

Just the same ol' growing pains we've seen for over a decade now.

The bad response it to add a ton of servers. The good response is to add more authentication servers and shorten that process to get a speedier que.

It's a F2P game, looks like it has enough to be interesting for a lot of folks, looks ok. I think it'll probably put a bigger strain on the folk who were OK with LotRO & similar games rather than be a game changing huge success.

Still I hope it hits the half a million active mark even if I don't play it. Might lead to more creative thinking over the next couple of years.

a yo ho ho

• DerrosDerros Member UncommonPosts: 1,216

You see these for a few reasons:

AA released in a sweet spot, right after wildstar died down and still early enough that WoD isnt on the radar yet.  

To add to that, its F2P and just released a few days ago, so everyone is giving it a shot.

F2P players dont gain LP while offline, thereby giving a major incentive to macro afk so that you can actually gain LP while not actively playing.

• thinktank001thinktank001 Member UncommonPosts: 2,144

These huge ques are only because of one simple design.  

Labor Points

LP is so important that players doing everything in their power not to log off the servers.   It goes all the way from macroing their chars so they won't be afk kicked to taking advantage of not being kicked while at the character select screen.   In most games there are only a few doing this, but because of the advantage to being logged in a large number of people are doing this.  

• DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181
    I see the vowel shortage is still spreading :(
  • JJ82JJ82 Member UncommonPosts: 1,258

It only points to how Trion is such a bad company. To launch a free game with such a small amount of servers coupled with servers that cannot hold many gamers is rather funny.

Didn't the Russian version launch with 12 servers? (I recall their opening a 10 during Beta) And here Trion is launching for America and Europe with less. The Japanese free version had 6 servers and that's just for Japan. Better yet, they are using hackshield, a resource hog that causes a lot of crashes/errors and it doesn't even stop people from botting!

"People who tell you you’re awesome are useless. No, dangerous.

They are worse than useless because you want to believe them. They will defend you against critiques that are valid. They will seduce you into believing you are done learning, or into thinking that your work is better than it actually is." ~Raph Koster
    http://www.raphkoster.com/2013/10/14/on-getting-criticism/

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    expect a die down in a month or so

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by oldschoolpunk
    If you remember FFXIV:  Realm Reborn's launch, you know this is nothing.  They had TONS of servers and had the same queue issues at about the same rate.  They eventually turned them into megaservers (i believe) after the drifters drifted.

Er completely inaccurate. FFXIV;ARR did have quite a few servers at launch, but SE underestimated player interest, its not often that a game relaunches all that successfully, in the end they had to stop sales of the game to prevent the servers becoming even more overloaded, while they brought more servers online. The servers are still to this day very well populated, but for the first few weeks/months it was a bit of an iffy thing if you could manage to log onto some of the servers, and queues still happen on occasion. They have not used megaservers, i think your thinking of GW2 as they recently incorporated that tech.image

• thinktank001thinktank001 Member UncommonPosts: 2,144
    Originally posted by Darwa
    I see the vowel shortage is still spreading :(

We are using the broken english dictionary where que and queue are the same. 

• JabasJabas Member UncommonPosts: 1,249

It just means Trion/XLGames didnt prepare this launch in a correct way. They had a long alpha, 4CB and 1 OB with only 4 days (OB should be at least 1 full week).

They didnt prepare for this, what is done cant be undone but they could improve the situation with little things:

- Afk kicker after 15min for players with no activity or loop activity, this could be a huge improvement in queues.

- I didnt mind playing in a mirror server where is not allow to owm land, for now i was happy only for lvl up and explore the class's.

• Paragus1Paragus1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,741

Honestly this look like amateur hour by Trion.   These people launched an MMO before, they should have known better.   The queues out of control, their forums are on fire, and there is no communication.   I was thinking about trying this game but in light of this I'm just not going to bother.  Regardless of how the game turns out, this reflects so poorly on the company that it is obvious they are not capable of handling this.

What did they think would happen when you have to be logged in to get LP?  It only takes a second to realize that nobody will log out, go AFK, and cock jam the server preventing people from playing.  They are doing immediate damage to the game with the people who actually are playing, and long term damage to onlookers like me who were potential customers.

Originally posted by Phry
    Originally posted by oldschoolpunk

Er completely inaccurate. FFXIV;ARR did have quite a few servers at launch, but SE underestimated player interest, its not often that a game relaunches all that successfully, in the end they had to stop sales of the game to prevent the servers becoming even more overloaded, while they brought more servers online. The servers are still to this day very well populated, but for the first few weeks/months it was a bit of an iffy thing if you could manage to log onto some of the servers, and queues still happen on occasion. They have not used megaservers, i think your thinking of GW2 as they recently incorporated that tech.image

LOL...you pretty much said what I said minus the megaservers....how was I completely inaccurate...I also said (I believe) meaning I wasnt sure.  Because last I logged in, the servers were mashed together in some kind of bracket, so I assumed it was a megaserver housing those servers.

• SulaaSulaa Member UncommonPosts: 1,329

Real test will be once majority of (still playing) players will hit a max level grind wall.  

In Korea and Rus, ArcheAge lost lot of population&popularity with most servers have low populations with only few of them having high pop.

by the way:

EU servers have higher queues because ArcheAge features (crafting, farming, open pvp, seamless) are features that EU players like more than US players. 

Similarly (but completly opposite)  was with Wildstar in which US servers were more busy and populated than EU ones since beginning and they took smaller population hit, since Wildstar aescethics, lore&humour and gameplay features is more to US gamers liking than to EU ones.

• chronoss2015chronoss2015 Member UncommonPosts: 217

launch day 5K queues per server

next day 4K launch ques

today launch ques 1.5K

everyone is giving up already by next week the game will be a ghost town

the population per server is awful .....

the stability is awful

and the wait time on queue is still same time as it was even with less people in queue....hows that work?

looks like some scam system they put in....

Originally posted by chronoss2015

launch day 5K queues per server

next day 4K launch ques

today launch ques 1.5K

everyone is giving up already by next week the game will be a ghost town

the population per server is awful .....

the stability is awful

and the wait time on queue is still same time as it was even with less people in queue....hows that work?

looks like some scam system they put in....

In other news...the sky is falling

Originally posted by Paragus1

Honestly this look like amateur hour by Trion.   These people launched an MMO before, they should have known better.   The queues out of control, their forums are on fire, and there is no communication.   I was thinking about trying this game but in light of this I'm just not going to bother.  Regardless of how the game turns out, this reflects so poorly on the company that it is obvious they are not capable of handling this.

What did they think would happen when you have to be logged in to get LP?  It only takes a second to realize that nobody will log out, go AFK, and cock jam the server preventing people from playing.  They are doing immediate damage to the game with the people who actually are playing, and long term damage to onlookers like me who were potential customers.

this guy nailed it hardcore

this style of economy should in fact be solved in this fashion

founders/patrons online get 10 labour per 5 mins , offline give em 20/15 ( there goes incentive to be online as much

as to f2p

3 labour online and 3 offline...there by reducing the affects of queing

SERIOUSLY SOMEONE SHOULD TOSS IT AT THEM

Originally posted by chronoss2015
    Originally posted by Paragus1

this guy nailed it hardcore

this style of economy should in fact be solved in this fashion

founders/patrons online get 10 labour per 5 mins , offline give em 20/15 ( there goes incentive to be online as much

as to f2p

3 labour online and 3 offline...there by reducing the affects of queing

SERIOUSLY SOMEONE SHOULD TOSS IT AT THEM

It's pretty funny, FFXIV (again) didnt have autokick after being afk for so long at first, so people would leave their toons online all day, making the queue'ing even worse...

All they did was put in an autokick after being afk for so long and the problem was solved.  Don't really need to mess with anything else...

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    Originally posted by kitarad

This, no doubt to save $$$$$.

Edit:

Keep in mind they have the data on how many Alpha and Beta testers played, how many Founders Packs were sold and how many client downloads have occurred from the people intending to F2P.  

well the above i posted would achieve both results

if a founder wanted ot get a load a labour points he'd not want ot be on for a time OR BUY potions

which means either a server savings or a profit of money

the f2p is hwere at least if i cant log in trion is giving me something there fore i dont yell scream and otherwise get irate ....ill just keep trying later or wait a bit more....come back have 2K labour and go to town...

i get they need ot make money but if you want me in the patron ranks you have to show your not this mean to f2p

and then we get people buying patron and not actually having it in the system/game.....thats a huge killer for this game....one they MUST address or the game dies right here right now

• ScypherothScypheroth Member Posts: 264

Large q's LOLOL MUAHAHAHAH BAWHWHWHWHWHWWHAAA LOL

every time i log on (every day after 5pm central) there is literally NO servers with a q for me....the highest one i see is a red UP sign.....

oh wait.....im a NA person but i play on EU....guess im beating the q system :p

• g0m0rrahg0m0rrah Member UncommonPosts: 325
    Originally posted by MMOGamer71
    Originally posted by kitarad

This, no doubt to save $$$$$.

I agree that they are already trying to save cash.  Its confuses me as to why someone would take the time and effort to push out an MMO and then get cold feet and put forth the bare minimum on servers.  It was obvious during head start that they would get a sizable influx of players. 

I am simply going to avoid new mmo's from this point on.  I will give them atleast a 2 month grace period before I give it a try.  The majority of developers have shown that they do not know how to handle a game launch.  I mean seriously imagine if Netflix just launched today and there were hour long Queue's to watch a movie.  I can give a pass to bugs and crashes because no one is perfect so no code will be perfect.  The sad thing about this is that it isnt simply poor code at fault, its a complete lack of confidence in your own product.