Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thinking of Playing EvE? Perhaps reconsider.

191011121315»

Comments

• IkonoclastiaIkonoclastia Member UncommonPosts: 203
    Originally posted by Uccisore

So  a guy creates a thread to declare that other people playing a game he doesn't play based on things he doesnt want to play with are terrible human beings, and that the game they enjoy playing shouldn't exist.  A bunch of others chime in saying that people who play a style of video game they don't like must have a mental illness. 

If that's not %@#%@ing griefing, what is?  

My irony meter is off the charts here-  the foolish OP is declaring a video game shouldn't exist and the game developers are terrible people because some of the people in the game are doing vicious things to other people in the game.  Well guess what? Not only to the 'victims' not have to play, they are paying 14.95 a month to play, so apparently they like it. 

I like PVE games too-  most of the games I play are PVE, there's nothing wrong with getting together with a bunch of friends and pretending to overcome A.I. challenges that are designed to lay over and play dead dramatically to make you feel like you accomplished something.  But the OP comes dangerously close to saying that that's the only kind of video game that should be allowed to exist, and specifically says that Eve is for bad people. STFU- it's ok for their to be lots of different games for lots of different people. 

Learn to comprehend.  The post was about harrassment.  Specifically about harassment that is disallowed by the EULA and game rules - you may not follow a specific player around for the sole purpose of harassing them.  The issue was that despite that person breaching that game rule, admitting to the conduct which was screen-shotted, no action was taken.  That player then continued to harass by submitting a petition against my account for using the F-word.  Instead of realising that that petition was simply a further attempt at harassment (this player had been following me around with multiple alts, verbally harassing me) CCP took action against my account.  

In the area of null sec I was inhabiting there were sometimes up to 8 perma camping afk hot droppers in virtually every system we used.  Thats fine.  They're there to hot drop anyone.  I had no problem with those people.  

This was never about people not being allowed to play their style of game.  It was about a sick player who for some reason spent every waking moment over 4 months following another player (me) around in breach of the game rules for no reason but to annoy me.

I would have continued to ignore him however while ignoring his major breach of the rules, CCP instead chose to take action against me for a breach of the rules that is almost never enforced.  You only have to go to Amarr, Jita, Dodixie or another major hub or hang out in alliance space for a few seconds to hear the most offensive, sick and gross langauge being used a regular part of EvE chat system.

CCP's inability to be fair and transparent is legendary, I'm quite certain I know the identify of the person who was following me and his close association with CCP is very likely why he was allowed to do what he was without punishment.  That was issue.

• UccisoreUccisore Member UncommonPosts: 96
    Originally posted by Ikonoclastia

Learn to comprehend.  The post was about harrassment.  Specifically about harassment that is disallowed by the EULA and game rules - you may not follow a specific player around for the sole purpose of harassing them.as without punishment.  That was issue.

Really? Here's the last section of your opening post:

"So if you're an aweful person, you like to cause other players to feel bad, you like to cause pain to people who have cancer, you enjoy trolling, you enjoy making fun of people with disabilities, you like being led into a traps by developers, you're okay with developer favoritism, you enjoy flying around in space with corporations that have names like "Creampie Carpet Munchers" and your a general asshat then EvE online is likely for you."

Stop  backpeddling under the guise of insulting my comprehension skills. You're simply flaming people because they play a game you don't like. You're the forum equivalent of a griefer trying to make people feel bad for things that have nothing to do with you.   For that matter, do you think I or other people reading your comments here are too stupid to read what you say in other threads? You're all over the place denigrating Eve Online gameplay in general, and the player base in general.  You are clearly opposing more than just a few isolated incidents of CCP not enforcing their EULA, you are condemning the entire purpose and scope of the game, and personally attacking the people who play it.     Stop lying. 

This discussion has been closed.