Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EverQuest Next: Omeed Dariani Resigns from SOE

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

A new Tweet has been released by Omeed Dariani, now formerly the Senior Global Brand Manager at Sony Online Entertainment. According to he post, Dariani resigned from SOE last Friday.

Hey folks – I resigned from SOE on Friday, so I won’t be on #LandmarkLive. I will miss being on the show and hanging out with you all! :)

— Omeed Dariani (@omeed) September 17, 2014

We will keep you posted as the story develops.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• VikingGamerVikingGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,350

Bummer, Omeed is pretty cool. 

Hopefully Landmark will keep the /onod.

All die, so die well.

• DrecapzDrecapz Member UncommonPosts: 38
    Have any details been released on why?
  • LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    I was literally just reading the tweet and all the responses when I went back to my homepage and saw the Tweet about this article. What in the heck is going on?! That's definitely big news. I have to wonder if they were trying to shove him out the door and let him resign instead, because the way that tweet came out was a shady "Oh by the way" kind of thing. Normally if he just got a new job (which he clearly didn't from the Riot comment) it would have been announced weeks before he left and they'd have done a very nice goodbye for him. Will need to keep an eye on this... O.o
  • TyggsTyggs Member UncommonPosts: 456
    Hmm.... Signs point to something happened which left him extremely unhappy with SOE.

SWTOR Referral Link

Free Goodies for new or returning players.

See what it gets you Here

Originally posted by Tyggs
    Hmm.... Signs point to something happened which left him extremely unhappy with SOE.

What signs?

• JaedorJaedor Member UncommonPosts: 1,173

Saw a tweet that said he's the new Stage Manager for Nickleback? Can anyone confirm?

Originally posted by Jaedor

Saw a tweet that said he's the new Stage Manager for Nickleback? Can anyone confirm?

>>>>

<<<<

lolno

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Very sad news. But a lot of these people don't like to stay in one place for long. Hopefully he left on good terms. I can't imagine SOE was unhappy with him although we don't know what goes on behind the scenes.

• superconductingsuperconducting Member UncommonPosts: 871

Edit:

Thought it could've been some kind of financial disagreement  --- but --->

Kano definitely has the reason.

I agree it was Misconduct.

• nuttobnuttob Member Posts: 291
    Bummer!  He was the funniest guy on Landmark Live!
    I really doubt that was the reason. Like someone else pointed out what about all the others who were doing it?

As a whole the community loved him and that whole thing barely became an issue.

Nice try though

I could be wrong, but I don't think any formal apologies were even issued for that. Which the company certainly would have made him/them do or have done on his behalf if it was a big enough issue to fire him over.

• DakirnDakirn Member UncommonPosts: 372

Wow, people are digging deep for some conspiracy here. If you guys think that a couple comments about a few builds are the reason you really have no clue about the Landmark team or the community. Watch a few episodes of Landmark Live and you'll know how much BS they throw around.

A lot of up tight people out there.

• MarkusrindMarkusrind Member Posts: 359
    Originally posted by DMKano

Ok I'll refresh everyones memory:

This is the reason he was let go - remember he tweeted stuff that that he wasn't supposed to:

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/982/view/forums/thread/413907/Appalling-Treatment-of-Landmark-Contest-Entries.html

As a brand manager/public relations guy - you simply can't mess up that bad and still have a job.

Again - my 2c

It wasn't an issue when this first came out and it still isn't.

The only people wielding pitchforks were people not part of the community and with axes to grind.

And from the conversations and jokes the guys at SOE are having with the community and Omeed it certainly seems to me just one of those things where another opportunity has come up. The community has expressed it's sadness at his leaving but also understands. Certainly not a community in uproar that the Evil overlord has left that is for sure. He is even promising to come to SOELive next year.

[mod edit]

• hinge645hinge645 Member UncommonPosts: 63

Was it that naked twister incident? I guess what happened in vegas didn't stay in vegas.

Seriously though Omeed was alot of fun but not really the type of personality that sony wanted as their brand manager for their golden child EQ. Yes its a video game but its still a business and the stuffed shirts won't tolerate people like Omeed who basically just said what he thought with no bullshit candy coating. He made too many enemies and was forced out.

I will miss him.

Before I criticize a man, I walk a mile in his shoes.
    That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot.
  • AsamofAsamof Member UncommonPosts: 824
    who?
  • HolyAvengerOneHolyAvengerOne Member UncommonPosts: 708
    Originally posted by threefeet
    hopefully everyone at soe will get the hint: these eq series arent going anywhere. soe was abt to dump online gaming anyway, just get it over with and bail on all the eq already.

No, SOE is not doing that. Especially not since the "O" in SOE stands for "Online" :P

• WightyWighty Member UncommonPosts: 699
    This guy needs to apply for a chin...

What are your other Hobbies?

Gaming is Dirt Cheap compared to this...

• tabarjacktabarjack Member UncommonPosts: 249

Good riddance

He has censored people in the past, has no heart and has made the rest of the team look like a bunch of morons. They must feel great over at SOE. When they fix the Radeon problems in Landmark, I am going right back into the game, only positivity ahead with that guy gone.
  • SimsuSimsu Member UncommonPosts: 386

That's two people who "left" SOE recently and just to give some perspective.

Margaret "Luperza" Krohn gave her two weeks before moving on to work at Curse. It was a big deal and all the SOE personnel had kinds things to say and made a big deal about wishing her well (lots of tweets etc).

Omeed "resigns" on a Friday and the first we hear about is is next Wednesday. No other SOE folks talking about it and Omeed isn't giving any details.

The difference between what happened in those two events should be enough for people to figure out Omeed didn't "resign" on good terms.

I understand that people like him (and others hate SOE), but his live "persona" was filled with questionable and or suggestive comments that I wouldn't want coming from the person in charge of brand management. Personally, I'd guess he was given the option of resigning or being fired (for whatever the reasons).

• oilthuoilthu Member UncommonPosts: 42
    Its because he realised he can make much more money hosting a four way chaterbate stream with himself, echoics, ara_gaming and tessachka obviously...  bad jokes aside, i watched landmark live and they wished him well just like they did with luperza - i dont think there was any melodrama, simply someone moving from one job to the next.
  • BlinkennBlinkenn Member UncommonPosts: 166
    Originally posted by oilthu
    Its because he realised he can make much more money hosting a four way chaterbate stream with himself, echoics, ara_gaming and tessachka obviously...  bad jokes aside, i watched landmark live and they wished him well just like they did with luperza - i dont think there was any melodrama, simply someone moving from one job to the next.

I wouldnt be surprised, his Twitch channel is prepped and ready to rake it in like all the other streamers.

• OmaliOmali MMO Business CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,177
    hopefully everyone at soe will get the hint: these eq series arent going anywhere. soe was abt to dump online gaming anyway, just get it over with and bail on all the eq already.

I'm sure SOE will get a hint more grounded in reality than one drummed up by a bitter person.

• ArchlyteArchlyte Member RarePosts: 1,405
    Originally posted by Omali

I'm sure SOE will get a hint more grounded in reality than one drummed up by a bitter person.

Play Landmark and we will talk about reality. EQNext is falling further into the suck vortex the more that is known about it. I think this guy moved on at a good time. Once EQNext underperforms the only thing they will be able to do is sell off the AI technology or use it to make a serious game if they can pool enough money from the founders packs to fund future projects.

MMORPG players are often like Hobbits: They don't like Adventures
  • Nemesis7884Nemesis7884 Member UncommonPosts: 1,023
    Maybe he justgota better offer...but its weird in the middle of a project...hopefully not a bad sign