Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting tomorrow? Avoid Kyrios server

BlueProteusBlueProteus Member UncommonPosts: 85

You probably knew this already, but if you're starting tomorrow, avoid the Kyrios server.

It's been the busiest, and the one with the most waiting.

Playing: Various Stuff
Played: AC, AoC, ArcheAge, BDO, CoX, EQ2, Eve, GW, LotRO, Ryzom, SWG, SWtOR, Vanguard, WoW, Etc.

Comments

• HolophonistHolophonist Member UncommonPosts: 2,091
    Not sure if OP is nice and considerate, or plays on Kyrios already....
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • BlueProteusBlueProteus Member UncommonPosts: 85
    Haha, I do play on Kyrios, but am wishing I'd selected a different server. image

Played: AC, AoC, ArcheAge, BDO, CoX, EQ2, Eve, GW, LotRO, Ryzom, SWG, SWtOR, Vanguard, WoW, Etc.

• CalexCalex Member UncommonPosts: 99
    Yeah me too, Darkfall Clan decided to go to this server but it really is a pain in the ass waiting for 2+ hours in que only to play for 30 minutes and crash.
  • tachgbtachgb Member UncommonPosts: 791

Hei guis, don't play on my server, K ?

Tahnks!

(Intended)

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

Kyrios is definitely the busiest. It has queues at times when no other server does. This may have something to do with all the Oceanic guilds that chose this server - no real down time... good if you play at odd hours.

But unlike the OP, I won't tell you to avoid it. Busy servers at launch tend to keep healthy populations longer. Just be prepared for more Qs right now if you pick this one.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    OP will only serve to increase population on said server, except likely most reading this thread are likely already playing or aren't planning to.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Originally posted by Kyleran
    OP will only serve to increase population on said server, except likely most reading this thread are likely already playing or aren't planning to.

How will a warning about the longest wait times increase population? Are people masochists?

• CallidorCallidor Member Posts: 371
    Originally posted by BlueProteus
    Originally posted by Kyleran

How will a warning about the longest wait times increase population? Are people masochists?

I chuckled at that too. Unfortunately my guild wanted to start in Kyrios, and it was a nightmare, we couldnt even get NPC for the wind talisman quest to render because there were hundreds of people crowded around his spawn spot. It putt the kaibosh on getting land for a lot of people.

• SeariasSearias Member UncommonPosts: 743
    Too late now :P.

<InvalidTag type="text/javascript" src="http://www.gamebreaker.tv/cce/e.js"></script><div class="cce_pane" content-slug="which-world-of-warcraft-villain-are-you" ctype="quiz" d="http://www.gamebreaker.tv"></div>;

• holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    Namia has been fine.  I think there's even some land left in the pvp areas.
  • EcocesEcoces Member UncommonPosts: 879
    hopefully they open up some new servers
  • MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102
    Wish I could, but I'm a member of the Angry Army.  I kinda have to be on it if I want to be in the guild.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• AmbrosiaAmorAmbrosiaAmor Member Posts: 915
    Here is the queue list if anyone was curious at 3:30 pm EST (about 20 minutes ago from this post).

ENILA 120
    INOCH 140
    SALPHIRA 990
    TAHYANG 160
    OLLO 490
    KYRIOS 820
    NAIMA 120
    ARANZEB 490

I can see why many chose Kyrios due to its meaning, but I wonder why Salphira is so packed. I couldn't find anything in Google other than trying to auto-correct the word for jewel.

• JaedorJaedor Member UncommonPosts: 1,173

Originally posted by AmbrosiaAmor
    Here is the queue list if anyone was curious at 3:30 pm EST (about 20 minutes ago from this post).ENILA 120INOCH 140SALPHIRA 990TAHYANG 160OLLO 490KYRIOS 820NAIMA 120ARANZEB 490I can see why many chose Kyrios due to its meaning, but I wonder why Salphira is so packed. I couldn't find anything in Google other than trying to auto-correct the word for jewel.

There are a couple of very large guilds on Salphira.

Here is the queue list if anyone was curious at 3:30 pm EST (about 20 minutes ago from this post).

ENILA 120
    INOCH 140
    SALPHIRA 990
    TAHYANG 160
    OLLO 490
    KYRIOS 820
    NAIMA 120
    ARANZEB 490

How did you get the queue count? Any time I've tried to click on the "Try Another" on the server list, it won't even let me try to connect. (Connect button is ghosted for all buy Kyrios.)

• Leviathon77Leviathon77 Member UncommonPosts: 42
    Kyrios has had major ques since head start and it won't be slowing down any time soon.

ENILA 120
    INOCH 140
    SALPHIRA 990
    TAHYANG 160
    OLLO 490
    KYRIOS 820
    NAIMA 120
    ARANZEB 490

How did you get the queue count? Any time I've tried to click on the "Try Another" on the server list, it won't even let me try to connect. (Connect button is ghosted for all buy Kyrios.)

It should show up on your screen as a counter. I just woke up and took this screenshot about 10 minutes ago. I guess you were right about Kyrios. At 4:40 am EST the queue to get in is around 1k... the rest of the servers have no queue at this time.

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964

ENILA 120
    INOCH 140
    SALPHIRA 990
    TAHYANG 160
    OLLO 490
    KYRIOS 820
    NAIMA 120
    ARANZEB 490

It should show up on your screen as a counter. I just woke up and took this screenshot about 10 minutes ago. I guess you were right about Kyrios. At 4:40 am EST the queue to get in is around 1k... the rest of the servers have no queue at this time.

Them gold farmers must know something!

Get ready for some serious spam image

Yeah there was quite a bit of spam going on last night. From all my years MMO'ing, I usually end up picking the #1 or the #2 most populated server. It future-proofs (mostly) any issues that may arise like renaming your character or guild when merges are announced. I know this has started to be less of an issue with recent NCSOFT games (published or developed) as well as Zenimax/ESO and Blizzard/WOW but I'm not sure if XL Games has the tech to do a megaserver.

Has TRION ever talked about introducing megaservers for RIFT? I'm not sure if there are other companies out there that uses the megaserver technology... ah yes there is EVE Online. Almost forgot about that one!