Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SWTOR and Ebola don't go well together. And Kittens.

DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=764214

dudes check out this hilarious thread on the SWTOR forum.

Wish I had still a sub to join the bizarre and pointless discussion, obviously SWTOR players

don't have any humor and get offended easily, and/or by mentioning "Ebola" 

Comments

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by DocBrody

Wish I had still a sub to join the bizarre and pointless discussion, obviously SWTOR players

Oh gawd. I was about to say "Dude! When did someone necro that monster?!" but it's even worse...

This is the Ebola thread 3.0 (since I've seen at least two others pass). /facepalm

Though the others seemed genuinely offended by the timing or the Rakghoul plague outbreak coinciding with the RL Ebola outbreak, while this guy's just messing around.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933
    Yeah, i left a reply in said post. It was an attempt towards humor on behalf the creator which instigated mixed reactions. What one perceives as humorous others find offensive or cruel or whatever. It happens in places where people from different countries and cultural backgrounds meet. 
    Originally posted by Shodanas
    Yeah, i left a reply in said post. It was an attempt towards humor on behalf the creator which instigated mixed reactions. What one perceives as humorous others find offensive or cruel or whatever. It happens in places where people from different countries and cultural backgrounds meet. 

I highly doubt any of the ones jumping on that poster have been personally affected by it, or even have relatives that were. It's more about the "political correctness" thing several mentioned. They simply like to jump on the chance to go "I'm a better human being than you, and here's why..." :P

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

• NilenyaNilenya Member UncommonPosts: 364

One of them actually said he had some personal experience with it due to family etc, and ended his post with basically saying; and I found it offensive.

Just one of those curiosities that allways baffles the mind, mainly were people who are offended have some outrageous sense of entitlement because they are offended, basically expecting you to feel responsible for their offended feelings, expecting you to drop all sense of logic and reason to cater to their needs.

God forbid people check their own feelings and deal with them, not when they can go on a woe is me crusade and make off like a victim - which mind you, can be very profitable these days, in different ways, mainly manipulating all context and debate, because someone claims to have gotten their feelings hurt. - Doesnt it make you cringe? - I dont even know how that kind of mindset survives daily dealings with reality.

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960

I especially loved the guy who said using 'the plague' would have been less offensive. Oh yes, let's instead refer to a disease which has killed nearly a hundred million people since the mid sixth century, and continues to kill several hundred people per year. That's so much better... lol.

God bless the politically correct crowd. Without them and their self-righteous overreactions this world would be a much more dull, humorless place.

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

In many ways the PC people are worse than the people that inspired them to become that way. When someone is a racist and says something really racist you know who the bad person is there. It was really clear cut that this is the person you don't want to be like.

Now you never know who's offended or why just everyone's decided something is wrong and everyone's offended about everything. Hell the other day at work I called a chair  that was black "black" and a woman said oh don't use that word it's offensive, that color is charcoal..... /facepalm

Originally posted by DamonVile

Hell the other day at work I called a chair  that was black "black" and a woman said oh don't use that word it's offensive, that color is charcoal..... /facepalm

LOL! That's just awful. (But oh so hilarious!)

I guess she was worried you'd hurt the poor thing's feelings. You jerk. =P

• ImpacthoundImpacthound Member UncommonPosts: 367
    Originally posted by DocBrody

I miss posting there too, but you quickly get suspensions and bans for the slightest offenses. I cancelled my sub because of it, I might dip into the game as preferred from time to time for a new flashpoint or two otherwise but now I just watch it on youtube. I'd love to argue with some of those people again but it's not worth starting a new account to just to probably get reported again when you start winning an argument.

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686

I think most of people do not read news or think that Ebola is too far away to touch us.  If they would,  post like this would never appear.

Based on article below  we face possibility of extinction of whole nations. This is not a joke. It's horrifying.

Ebola Virologist: fight against Ebola outbreaks in Sierra Leone and Liberia is already lost – 5 million people could die

Sooner or later Ebola will show itself here, as it's completely out of control - it's a matter of time. Are we ready for it? US government purchased 160,000 Ebola hazmat suits btw. That's a good move.

Also CDC prepared checklist for hospitals and healthcare sites stating that "Now it's time to prepare"

http://newsok.com/cdc-issues-ebola-checklist-now-is-the-time-to-prepare/article/5342170

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686
    Originally posted by Gorwe
    I believe mr.Rappoport on this.

It's just one big hoax. Look, the Tin can virus(remember that from 80s?) is suddenly killing millions? Wtf are they all eating canned beef? That's how ridiculous the statements are.

Their health is almost razed to the ground by constant and unremmiting war, poverty and dirtyness. Sewage is in their water for fks sake! They don't eat for days and sleep on the floor/dirt. And their leaders are selling them out for a slice in resource profits. And now the ordinary tin can virus is killing them. Seeing how razed their immunity is, it wouldn't surprise me a wee bit. But far more are dying of malnutrition, hunger and dirty living than is of ebola. And, I think I'm right on this one, most of "infected" come to the centres looking for any kind of help, not only against ebola. If they die(from whatever including old age) sev days later, it's automatically listed as an ebola infection(like wtf O.o).

Yet another Terror propaganda, yadda yadda. Nice try CIA, it doesn't work on me, see.

Actually I think that people there have much stronger immune system than we have here in States. Living in unsanitary condition have minuses but also one plus - you got to get immunity to most viruses and bacteria early in life or you would not survive.

Lets hope that the virus will burn itself out and won't mutate to airborne. And it never hurts to be prepare for the worst and hope for the best. The best for all the World.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• HokieHokie Member UncommonPosts: 1,063
    Originally posted by Impacthound

I miss posting there too, but you quickly get suspensions and bans for the slightest offenses. I cancelled my sub because of it, I might dip into the game as preferred from time to time for a new flashpoint or two otherwise but now I just watch it on youtube. I'd love to argue with some of those people again but it's not worth starting a new account to just to probably get reported again when you start winning an argument.

This reminded me of the 1st The Lost Boys when Corey Haim (or was it Feldman) says something like

"So where the TV  grandpa?"

and he says "I dont have a TV."

Corey says "But you have TV Guide"

And gramps says "Why would I need a TV when I have the TV Guide?!?"

Kind of like like, "Why play video games when you can watch other people play video games.", Huh Impacthound?

"I understand that if I hear any more words come pouring out of your **** mouth, Ill have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

• VicodinTacoVicodinTaco Member UncommonPosts: 804
    Originally posted by Nilenya

One of them actually said he had some personal experience with it due to family etc, and ended his post with basically saying; and I found it offensive.

Just one of those curiosities that allways baffles the mind, mainly were people who are offended have some outrageous sense of entitlement because they are offended, basically expecting you to feel responsible for their offended feelings, expecting you to drop all sense of logic and reason to cater to their needs.

God forbid people check their own feelings and deal with them, not when they can go on a woe is me crusade and make off like a victim - which mind you, can be very profitable these days, in different ways, mainly manipulating all context and debate, because someone claims to have gotten their feelings hurt. - Doesnt it make you cringe? - I dont even know how that kind of mindset survives daily dealings with reality.

*clap clap clap clap*

Well said.

• primetheusprimetheus Member UncommonPosts: 28

I am currently a SWTOR player and have been on and off since launch but seriously there are some real idiots on our forums who just need the slightest excuse to scream and throw toys from the pram .

The ratghoul plague has been part of the game since launch and the event runs every now and then .

The ratghoul plague is a fictional plague invented by the imps to wipe out the enemy get a life a its a game not real life and there is always an epidemic of some type running in our world to try and be PC about a game is ridiculous

• EridanixEridanix Member Posts: 426

In the last two weeks two cases of Ebola reported in Spain, EU. Health authorities got the knife and stopped it the right way. Total Isolation and lavish of meds and hi tech care. 

Spain is the natural border of the EU, as many times it's have been said. Italy, Greece and the Balkans are the other natural borders. Well, Spain is rich and can handle even what it was the worst fear for Spanish authorities; Ebola landing in the country. Once a black person -yes, is a black person, afro-american or whatever you want, we all know what the meaning is, so be it called new Super Men Utter Race To Be Respected or just poor people in countries ruled by greedy ignorants -, so that, once an infected being has surpassed the natural border of the EU, nothing can stop this person to move whereve He/She wants to. 

So that, if you get the infected being in an early stage and detect it, you can stop it using a big waste of human and technical resources that YOU hell need for other things as taking care of your own people. But EU is behaving as always: everything right here,  nothing happens. That double morale and hypocritical way of doing things is what most I hate from my country. Nothing happens? Everything right? Ah, yes, Ebola in your land and nohing is happening. 

Yesterday I was near the beach. We spend lot of money in spanish beaches; that's the most simmilar place to Heaven or Hell, depending on your POV, but for me is Hell. Everyone were in that scary good mood and apparent wellness so self-suficient I really thought it was a real nightmare after eating too much at night, but no, it was not the case; I was there spending a lot of money in change of nothing in a beautiful, luxurious, well-mannered part of the world; the good point was that the infected patient with Ebola was just in the hospital behind the beach, with all doors open and no one on control - but the beach was taken by the police, heavyly armed police all the time -.

For the most part it was the happiness of a good climate and all the people being ultra-hyper-mega-Nice and friendly and in the other, the big red Lights pointing where an infected Ebola person was on the brink to exhaust his/her life. Maybe at this time she or he is dead, as i never watch TV so i don't know such things. But tomorrow I will read the newspapers.

Don't know why but something there is daunting and absurd. Some piece of logic is lost on all this road.

Two weeks, two Ebola. First one, the  next week the second person gets here. EU is doing something right allowing all these people come in the borders and getting inside our national home?

I don't need to be political correct; I would hate it to die from Ebola because we want not to be thought as nazis, allowing all the uncontrolled people member of guerrilla, mafias and gangsters coming here, whining oh see I'm such a poor black person and you were so evil - not me, my grandparents or the enemies of my grandparents who knows -, that you must allow me be into your country and move freely by the whole EU as long as I don't have any professional qualification and I don't want to work because we don't know how, that is your debt to protect Me from you, grandsons of the Evil Bastard Nazis, and you are a nazi bastard anyway but you can't do anything as you must be good, happy, political correct and give us all the money as we are unable to kick a can in the street in order to win a dime... if it was a profession. 

Maybe the guy in the Swtor forum was rough, but he is laughing as all this mess is absurd, horrid, sleazy and short-sighted. 

But nothing happens here; everything right in this part of the world; as always.

It is a question of fangs.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • ImpacthoundImpacthound Member UncommonPosts: 367
    Originally posted by Hokie
    Originally posted by Impacthound

This reminded me of the 1st The Lost Boys when Corey Haim (or was it Feldman) says something like

"So where the TV  grandpa?"

and he says "I dont have a TV."

Corey says "But you have TV Guide"

And gramps says "Why would I need a TV when I have the TV Guide?!?"

Kind of like like, "Why play video games when you can watch other people play video games.", Huh Impacthound?

In this specific situation, I get to see dialogues and story without personally toiling over the 40+ hours of collecting droid asses and sand people fingers 30 at a time.

If it were a game where the gameplay itself is rewarding like a Devil May Cry, then yeah, you're missing out by only watching. With a tab-target global cooldown MMO, I'm arguably getting the best part on youtube and not missing much by giving up the interactivity and skipping to the better watchable parts.