Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Having a blast with this game

Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064

Just wanted to share, it is free to play so just try it. It is all about finding what frame (class) you enjoy. It is well worth the money to buy an advanced one if you like the playstyle of the basic free one. You actually can buy anything in game with game money, or if you are impatient drop a few bucks on it. 

The mobility of the game is what makes it so fun, flying around blasting stuff is good times and there are always a ton of group events going on all around. The newbie zones are sure to stay packed because like FFXIV you only need one toon. You can switch battleframes anytime at a batleframe garage. You have access to all the basic ones for free so you can try them all, when you switch you are level 1 again. This can be a little grindy of course because you already did the missions once, so you will be repeating them. It is not too bad though because the combat is a blast.

Anyway, from an old school disgruntled MMO vet, I am enjoying this. Give it a shot.

Make MMORPG's Great Again!

Comments

• MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015
    I also enjoyed the combat in the game. It was the quests and zones that didn't quite grab me. Have fun!

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

• xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854
    Originally posted by Viper482

Anyway, from an old school disgruntled MMO vet, I am enjoying this. Give it a shot.

Same here, enjoying it way more then i thought i ever would.

Being old school mmo player whom simply "accepts" what has happened to the mmo's of today, and a long time ago re"tired" fps player, i should hate this game with a passion, not even sure why i tried it (lol)... but it's probably the most hooked i've been into an mmo/game in eons.

Edit:

Alright... lets simplify this... i crave to play this game, i can't wait to play this game. These are feeling's i've not had since... well about 2006/2007 ish i'd say.

My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L
  • EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964

It can be addicting and again can get very repetitive if you like to switch up your battleframes from time to time, but a little pew pew goes very far in this game and your personal life hours melt away.

Some players already having 4 to 6 battleframes @ 40 image

• reygatdula11reygatdula11 Member Posts: 17
    glad to know I'm not the only one who feels great about this game, and this coming from a 2 hour per day player, I'm surprised that this game can keep me hooked even if I'm just playing at a relatively casual level.
    Originally posted by reygatdula11
    glad to know I'm not the only one who feels great about this game, and this coming from a 2 hour per day player, I'm surprised that this game can keep me hooked even if I'm just playing at a relatively casual level.

It's all about the image PEW PEW factor image

Also since you have only 1 character per account, but you can roll as many battleframes on the same character, makes it quite convenient to try other battleframes out you might like.

• blazehammerblazehammer Member UncommonPosts: 20
    After all changes in this game i think that this is what the devs could achieve in a working and stable way without go too far away from what they wanted from start. I like it too and about the battleframes, the stock ones gives a slight idea of the performance of the advanced one in that line; if you have any doubt about how an advanced battleframe will behave read its specific perks and even the wikia that their role in the game will be more clear. But in the end anything you can do in an advanced BF you can do in a stock too, the only difference is that you unlock the unique perks of that specific BF and have diferent abilities and weapons.
  • romaguilarmelromaguilarmel Member Posts: 11
    Originally posted by Viper482

Just wanted to share, it is free to play so just try it. It is all about finding what frame (class) you enjoy. It is well worth the money to buy an advanced one if you like the playstyle of the basic free one. You actually can buy anything in game with game money, or if you are impatient drop a few bucks on it. 

The mobility of the game is what makes it so fun, flying around blasting stuff is good times and there are always a ton of group events going on all around. The newbie zones are sure to stay packed because like FFXIV you only need one toon. You can switch battleframes anytime at a batleframe garage. You have access to all the basic ones for free so you can try them all, when you switch you are level 1 again. This can be a little grindy of course because you already did the missions once, so you will be repeating them. It is not too bad though because the combat is a blast.

I also started out this game from a recommendation by a friend, plus the fact that it was free to play. Still playing it now and am very much hooked!

• I just joined the site and I was thankful that there is a following here for Firefall. It's a game that I came to love - from the get-go I've been a Sci-Fi MMO fan (RF Online) and an FPS fanatic...having both elements in Firefall launched both my curiousity and my passion, and here I am still playing away. Sorry just had to share, thought I was in good company here ;)
  • katrjavikatrjavi Member Posts: 11
    gave it a shot after my friends started playing it, now I'm even more of an addict than they are, they can't beat me in PVP! :D I like how you can just change frames, although yeah it could get repetitive but Diablo 3 is repetitive as well, I guess. :P
  • HumonculousHumonculous Member Posts: 9
    Originally posted by IMPYRE

It can be addicting and again can get very repetitive if you like to switch up your battleframes from time to time, but a little pew pew goes very far in this game and your personal life hours melt away.

I'm near 40 but I only have 4 frames :)

Originally posted by Humonculous

I'm near 40 but I only have 4 frames :)

Haha AWESOME! image

Originally posted by ChampionChupacabra
    I just joined the site and I was thankful that there is a following here for Firefall. It's a game that I came to love - from the get-go I've been a Sci-Fi MMO fan (RF Online) and an FPS fanatic...having both elements in Firefall launched both my curiousity and my passion, and here I am still playing away. Sorry just had to share, thought I was in good company here ;)

That's definitely cool, the game does have a niche following of players like myself and some players with guilty pleasures on the down low image

• lindzzamoralindzzamora Member Posts: 17
    Originally posted by ChampionChupacabra
    I just joined the site and I was thankful that there is a following here for Firefall. It's a game that I came to love - from the get-go I've been a Sci-Fi MMO fan (RF Online) and an FPS fanatic...having both elements in Firefall launched both my curiousity and my passion, and here I am still playing away. Sorry just had to share, thought I was in good company here ;)

That's definitely cool, the game does have a niche following of players like myself and some players with guilty pleasures on the down low image

you can count me in as one of those players... the guilty pleasure player, I meant. :p

• One thing I can credit Firefall for is it's not the click-move-click-attack MMO. It's the FPS combat that has me hooked from the start. More skill put into it rather than just stats.
  • l00kintoomiizel00kintoomiize Member Posts: 4
    It's a fun game with working components. Not too much on PvP, but everything else makes this game a good experience.
  • 3v3ntWh0r1z0n3v3ntWh0r1z0n Member Posts: 2
    Glad to see folks enjoying this game, too :)
  • sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    Are you crazy this game is horrible. how could you possibly play it.  Ok now that we got that out of the way (just trying to keep up the site reputation), I am glad you are having a blast and wish you continued enjoyment.  Finding a game you like and want to play is a good feeling.
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    It's pretty fun.  Wish there wasn't so much running back and forth though.

I self identify as a monkey.

• xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854
    Originally posted by mgilbrtsn

I've read this before and i imagine peoples perception's are different if anything i find that part of the exploring really fun, getting to know the lay of the land kinda thing. I must say i don't really grind tons of quests, usually after all events and dungeons i come across, i do a quest or two per board and i'm ready for priority then move on.

What i find puzzling is do people really think the distances are that far? I don't find 1500 in rare cases that far and usually are 200 to 400 which is a snap.

In addition, how is this different than any other mmo in existence today? The best part with firefall is the job board and not running to a thousand different hubs and npc locals trying to hand in a million quests. That there is a truck load of running back and forth.

My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L
  • impopimpop Member UncommonPosts: 13

Sometimes I get disappointed when a quest is too near. No reason to use my LGV motorcycle! :(

Seriously though, I'm not a fan of shooters but decided to give Firefall a go and don't regret it. Fun to ride around doing random activities, exploring and killing enemies. Devs seem to be improving the game frequently, and the game has a very lively feeling.

Originally posted by impop

Sometimes I get disappointed when a quest is too near. No reason to use my LGV motorcycle! :(

Seriously though, I'm not a fan of shooters but decided to give Firefall a go and don't regret it. Fun to ride around doing random activities, exploring and killing enemies. Devs seem to be improving the game frequently, and the game has a very lively feeling.

It kind of reminds me of 'Tabula Rasa with Jetpacks' in some way's, especially the scifi dynamic events. I like where other mobs are fighting other mobs, which to me gives it a lively feeling myself.

Here is 'Tabula Rasa' example..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EChK-DbZuv4

• GoutSmasherLivesGoutSmasherLives Member Posts: 13
    There are a number of ways to avoid having the running back and forth issue - the 'cycles, trucks, gliders, teleporting, etc.
  • reygatdula11reygatdula11 Member Posts: 17
    Originally posted by impop

It kind of reminds me of 'Tabula Rasa with Jetpacks' in some way's, especially the scifi dynamic events. I like where other mobs are fighting other mobs, which to me gives it a lively feeling myself.

Here is 'Tabula Rasa' example..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EChK-DbZuv4

I read somewhere that the Tribes reference here is strong, I agree with that. I do agree with your opinion too, now that you mention TR, great reference.