Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The feature pack is out. Official forums exploded a bit.

Comments

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Originally posted by Gaia_Hunter
    Originally posted by bcbully
    Originally posted by Dakeru

Third skill unlocks at level 35 - am I the only one who thinks this is madness?

I feel sorry for any player who may join the game fresh at this point.

wtf? lmao 2 skills until level 35?! So instead of adding more which people have been asking for for ages they just gate the current ones further? geez

No.

It is the 3rd utility skill that unlocks at 35.

You will have the 5 weapon skills at level 10 , skill 7 at 13, skill 8 at 25 and skill 7 at 35.

You will be level 15 in around 2 hours.

Counting the weapon skills as actual skills is a desperate move, Gaia.

Harbinger of Fools
  • ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426
    The removal of bundle items from newbie areas is a really weird move. If someone is so stupid they're overwhelmed by picking up an item and taking it somewhere, could that person even install GW2?
    Originally posted by Scalpless
    The removal of bundle items from newbie areas is a really weird move. If someone is so stupid they're overwhelmed by picking up an item and taking it somewhere, could that person even install GW2?

Yeah it feels like Anet just called all their players idiots to the face.

Harbinger of Fools
  • ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    Well now this is different, with the new patch out I decided to log back in and take a look. As soon as I did a message poped up saying my account was blocked for unacceptable behavior. Have not logged on for more then 30-60 days. Submitted a ticket there looking into it.
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • PioneerStewPioneerStew Member Posts: 874
    Originally posted by Albatroes
    Originally posted by Logos1326
    Originally posted by Carnicide
    How did they make lvling harder? I was thinking of getting Gw2 and trying it, but the made the new experience a lot harder?

Actually the game is insanely easy now. You don't have to worry about thinking anymore or figuring stuff out. It's all handed to you very slowly so that one new skill you get won't blow your mind. This video kind of sums it up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y#t=61

Well hopefully you knew the vid was just a troll vid. But anyway these changes are pretty stupid and I wont be releveling till they change them.

This video was kind of amusing, troll or not.  

• Leon1eLeon1e Member UncommonPosts: 791
    Originally posted by Elsabolts
    Well now this is different, with the new patch out I decided to log back in and take a look. As soon as I did a message poped up saying my account was blocked for unacceptable behavior. Have not logged on for more then 30-60 days. Submitted a ticket there looking into it.

Congratulations, your account have been stolen because you are using the same freaking password everywhere. In the event of the latest gmail leak, you might want to check this website https://isleaked.com/en to see if your email address is compromised. Have a nice day. 

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066

wtf? lmao 2 skills until level 35?! So instead of adding more which people have been asking for for ages they just gate the current ones further? geez

No.

You will have the 5 weapon skills at level 10 , skill 7 at 13, skill 8 at 25 and skill 7 at 35.

Are you trolling, being sarcastic or something else?

I agree it is a stupid and bad change (If I was the game designer I would let people have all the skills and traits really early in the game, possibly after a short optional tutorial).but the weapon skills (#1-5) alongside dodge and heal (#6) are the main and mostly used skills.

No need to distort reality to make it look worse than it is.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• AmbrosiaAmorAmbrosiaAmor Member Posts: 915
    Originally posted by Octagon7711
    My Mesmer is a monster now.  I'm gonna have to start playing him more.

Oh how so? O;

Going to log in later tonight to try out my Mesmer.

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426
    Originally posted by AmbrosiaAmor
    Originally posted by Octagon7711
    My Mesmer is a monster now.  I'm gonna have to start playing him more.

Oh how so? O;

Going to log in later tonight to try out my Mesmer.

Instant and fixed iLeap, fixed iWarden.

Illusionary Elasticity works with Winds of Chaos.

AoE Mantra of Pain/Distraction.

Scepter and its clones inflict Torment on AA.

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    'counting weapon skills as skills is desperate'. My new favourite comment of the year!

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• MerideusxMerideusx Member Posts: 12
    An Still my lvl 80 necro (The only class I enjoy) is still forced 2 be Full Power Build cause conditions In PvE are broken.. Still. Can pretty much 3 shot people In 1v1 situations in PvP lol. 
  • DimTheDungeonMasterDimTheDungeonMaster Member UncommonPosts: 21

Not gonna lie, I haven't played in 2 years and I logged back onto my level 25 thief.

I had NO idea how any of my skills or anything worked, which ones were best to use or any synergies. It took me about an hour and a few after that to even have any idea what I was doing. I think their choices to restrict abilities was a good idea for newer players.

All the hate is from hardcore players complaining about the leveling experience? I just don't know if the right people are talking..

No.

Are you trolling, being sarcastic or something else?

I agree it is a stupid and bad change (If I was the game designer I would let people have all the skills and traits really early in the game, possibly after a short optional tutorial).but the weapon skills (#1-5) alongside dodge and heal (#6) are the main and mostly used skills.

No need to distort reality to make it look worse than it is.

Trolling? No.

As usual I feel you are defending the game to a level that you are doing it a big disservice.

Listing weapon skills as actual skills is.. yeah...

Harbinger of Fools
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by flizzer
    Originally posted by Azaron_Nightblade
    From what I understand most people are simply annoyed that it makes key farming harder.

Key Farming harder?  I never got any keys before this update so not sure how it could be any harder. 

You get them for completing some stuff in the personal story...

It is still stupid since farming dry tops or Orr for gold and get gems for it and actually buy them is faster and you have the chance to get something useful that way as well if keys are what you are after.

Nah, I give the update 3 of 5, some stuff like the AH change and the new collection achivements are pretty good but I think they could have used these resources better, like giving us new skills or adding a few more weapons to the game instead.

Not to mention having the people working on a new class for the expansion instead.

Some stuff are not good at all, like these stupid low level armors that cost loads of ecto. They are far too expensive to actually use compared to existing stuff.

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    It's not about key farming.  It's about leveling up new characters, and how much more restrictive it is than previously, with locked traits, locked skills, and game-breaking bugs, such as their down-scale feature completely breaking how class trainers function.  There's also the trading post revamp and personal story changes that have upset people too.  It's just a bad update overall.
  • adio01adio01 Member Posts: 2

The new update is a wreck for PvP. Now to start off i'm a warrior, and have no issues with the balance changed i've learned to adapt my build. Here's whats bad about this update though

- Way more power stomps, if you get downed count yourself out.

- Exponentially increased the burst damage of some classes. It's possible for me to be insta killed on a full def build from two rangers or a ranger /elementalist combo.

- Buffed some the games worst and most annoying build like turrent engineer. Now I love my engy, but roll and run in a circle to win is ridiculous.

- No new maps or PvP modes. Instead they call it a 'PvP' update by messing up the class balance even worse, and adding a new armor skin.

- Introduced more class bugs, failed to fix any of the old ones.

Read more complaints here -

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/pvp/pvp

Read people going crazy here (lol) -

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/professions/warrior

• chronoss2015chronoss2015 Member UncommonPosts: 217

they nerfed my two level 80s i left for ESO , ESO's bots are too much ....left tried archeage....i see in there forums the logins a mess...was gona come back and start a guy again but TWO SKILLS UNTIL LEVEL 35?

nvm ill go play off line games this mmo crazyness is nearing my end

• mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356
    As a new player who played with old leveling system before I prefer the new one
  • Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066

Trolling? No.

As usual I feel you are defending the game to a level that you are doing it a big disservice.

Listing weapon skills as actual skills is.. yeah...

Hang on a sec.

Lets look at WoW Mage for example.

It starts with shoot (auto attack) and frostfire bolt.

Then gets frost nova (level 3) and fire blast (5).

Then gets blink (7) and counterspell (9)

Loads of skills.

But in GW2 skills like fireball, flamestrike, dragon's tooth, geyser, ice spike, blast, lightning surge, magnetic aura aren't considered skills?

Makes no sense Dakeru.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

the 3rd utility skill that unlocks at 35.

doesnt sound bad to me

• laokokolaokoko Member UncommonPosts: 2,004

If you are a new player, you shouldn't be affected by it.  Since they boost lvl1-15 speed.  

I'm a bit bothered as a veteran though, since I have lvl20 scroll anyway.  I dont' get the benefit from lvl1-15, and it'll take much longer for me to get my utilities now.

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682
    Originally posted by laokoko

If you are a new player, you shouldn't be affected by it.  Since they boost lvl1-15 speed.  

I'm a bit bothered as a veteran though, since I have lvl20 scroll anyway.  I dont' get the benefit from lvl1-15, and it'll take much longer for me to get my utilities now.

They say they boosted leveling speed, but in my current test of the NPE, that hasn't been my experience.

Since you can't access Skill Point Challenges at all now until level 14 and POIs/Vistas don't show on the map until you unlock them via leveling, completing your starter zone actually takes more time than it used to. Of course, this is a bigger problem than just a greater time requirement, because the character gimping during the first half of the level progression, apparently so you'll have something to indicate progress sans traits and utility skills, makes the entire early leveling process extremely painful.

There might be some small justification for it if the new system actually taught new players the game, but it actually makes things more confusing and far less satisfying.

In beta, leveling to 15 in Queensdale had me completely hooked and I continued to favor the zone for most of my plethora of alts. Now, as a first impression, it's a horrible experience. If the game had been like this in beta, I would have asked for a refund and never looked back.

BTW, going to Kessex Hills after completing Queensdale, with a character gimped by the new system, has made the content there extremely challenging.  I'm enjoying the challenge, but many new players who make it through the starter zones revamped for untalented five year-olds, are probably going to find the transition akin to hitting a solid wall at high speed.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793

Character experience above level 40 was improved.

Character experience below level 40 was made faster, but imo, pointlessly dumbed down.

Thank god for that level 20 scroll + 20 level up tomes. That will be my alt experience.

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682
    Originally posted by observer
    It's not about key farming.  It's about leveling up new characters, and how much more restrictive it is than previously, with locked traits, locked skills, and game-breaking bugs, such as their down-scale feature completely breaking how class trainers function.  There's also the trading post revamp and personal story changes that have upset people too.  It's just a bad update overall.

Exactly. Every player of the game really owes it to themselves and the community to start a fresh character, with no scrolls or crafting to accelerate progression, and give the NPE a real spin. At least to level 20, but preferable to 40 or 80. I think most will be shocked just how poor an experience it is compared to leveling prior to the NPE and the earlier trait changes.

If I were just playing the game for the first time, I'd think this is one of the worst MMOs in several years and wonder what all the previous hype was about.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated