Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

wod beta your not really missing anything

2»

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

For what its worth, the WOD beta tester in my household is really enjoying the experience regardless of the missing content and has opened 12 tickets on what he's found so far.

He's eagerly looking forward to the roll out of additional functionality currently missing and plans to continue to test until launch.

As I'm not sure what is under NDA, all I can say is he's likes some of the changes, others have him puzzled and he is trying to understand them better, and he's going to miss some abilities that seem to be changing.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• OmnifishOmnifish Member Posts: 616
    Originally posted by Kyleran

For what its worth, the WOD beta tester in my household is really enjoying the experience regardless of the missing content and has opened 12 tickets on what he's found so far.

He's eagerly looking forward to the roll out of additional functionality currently missing and plans to continue to test until launch.

As I'm not sure what is under NDA, all I can say is he's likes some of the changes, others have him puzzled and he is trying to understand them better, and he's going to miss some abilities that seem to be changing.

Well there seems to be plenty of youtubers talking openly so not really sure how the NDA stacks up....

The biggest problems are the same issues with the beginning of MOP, some classes work really well, others are a mess, at the moment.

The other issue is the new secondary stats, it seems they've thrown out a lot of the rubbish and inserted alternative things which can't be modified so going down the line they'll end up being more issues of balance.

Also the biggest thing and the most surprising and SPOILER ALERT!!!!

The beginning quests in WOD are really bad, like vanilla wow bad. Bit like Wildsatr it take a while to warm up...

Spoiler gone...

I will come back for WOD,I wasn't going to because I do like Wildstar but I can't see it lasting me more then a few months at most. Why? Guess I'll have to post about it ;)

This looks like a job for....The Riviera Kid!

• ImpacthoundImpacthound Member UncommonPosts: 367
    Originally posted by canhascow

Actually being a paid games tester I see the WoD "beta" as a joke, The only real testing that happens is stress testing and minor instance tuning. Apart from that it's marketing, It's why the past 3 expacs have had no NDA's allowing people to stream, Record and promote the coming game. 

Most games companies don't do that during "beta". They expect people to have an expressed knowledge of issues in games, Know work arounds and for the most part know known exploits so that they can be addressed.

Given that I've played wow since 2005 and still want to be a apart of this beta purely because I like to know where I can farm happily and exploit morons on the AH :P

Streaming Wrath of the Lich King in 2008, that's a funny joke. Did you forget how new streaming video is? Even Cataclysm was just short youtube/quicktime clips, mainly from the emergingly popular British web personalities like TotalBiscuit. 

• TankYou88TankYou88 Member Posts: 310
    Originally posted by Impacthound
    Originally posted by canhascow

Actually being a paid games tester I see the WoD "beta" as a joke, The only real testing that happens is stress testing and minor instance tuning. Apart from that it's marketing, It's why the past 3 expacs have had no NDA's allowing people to stream, Record and promote the coming game. 

Most games companies don't do that during "beta". They expect people to have an expressed knowledge of issues in games, Know work arounds and for the most part know known exploits so that they can be addressed.

Given that I've played wow since 2005 and still want to be a apart of this beta purely because I like to know where I can farm happily and exploit morons on the AH :P

Streaming Wrath of the Lich King in 2008, that's a funny joke. Did you forget how new streaming video is? Even Cataclysm was just short youtube/quicktime clips, mainly from the emergingly popular British web personalities like TotalBiscuit. 

Streaming isnt a new concept...Ustream has been up since 2007 as well as other companies that have been running before that. Tons of groups would prodcast first kills I have been watching boss kills and tactics since BC.

• lionzheartzlionzheartz Member UncommonPosts: 9
    another crap result from the beta key sweepstakes... I guess all the streamers are making 100s of accounts to giveaway keys in their stream for these sweepstakes... cheaters seem to win all the time in these things...
  • rafalex007rafalex007 Member Posts: 244
    Originally posted by lionzheartz
    another crap result from the beta key sweepstakes... I guess all the streamers are making 100s of accounts to giveaway keys in their stream for these sweepstakes... cheaters seem to win all the time in these things...

i only have this account and i won last week

come on its not always cheats but its true 

• Starbuck1771Starbuck1771 Member UncommonPosts: 375
    Originally posted by rafalex007

i only have this account and i won last week

come on its not always cheats but its true 

Nope it doesnt have to do with multiple accounts. I only have this one account and won the beta key sweepstakes two weeks in a row now.

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

yea really amazing you dont AUTOMATICALLY win a key on a page with maybe sever 100k followers, and 1k keys being handed out.

and that kids, is why you should have done your maths homework. because you wouldn't look less stupid now if knowing the slightest shit about propabilities.

uh and for the record, i won a key, i didnt apply with 1k accounts or cheat in any way, i just got it. your theory is irrelevant. my hair is a betakey.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• rastapastorrastapastor Member UncommonPosts: 188
    Well i won a key, did apply it and my account did not upgrade to WoD beta, still have only MoP beta options...guess i did not win anything in the end :)
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    I'll just log in at release and my whole screen will be a trail of griffons and have to reset the ui twice and get kicked off afew times. Then wait 3 days later and get a ghost town. That's what happened for me last expansion. Can't wait.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265

played 5 hour beta. just hit boredom. its that same old stuff as always. get in new zone, kill some local mobs, kill some quest marks.

last time i played WoW 7 month ago, new expasion dont have hook or that " wow awesome!" feel.

• AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615

I stopped playing the Beta or the Live ever since I found Albion Online (Look at Sig). :)

Wish this would have released in 2004 instead of WoW.

Bye now. :)

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• leahriddleleahriddle Member CommonPosts: 16
    I feel quite pitty for I don't hav the invitation for beta, but I'm comforted when I think about I even I get the beta account, I still don't hav enough time to fully test these days. However, I feel sorry to those old players who do not have the chances but really wanna experience WoD beta, for I just notice some people sell the beta accounts in a rather high price.
  • zevianzevian Member UncommonPosts: 403
    Too true, ive been stuck in my garrison for most of the day.     I should say stuck on the flight path mount in my garrison all day.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    I have to admit that this expansion is pretty depressing. I'm happy that I was able to experience the beta for it so I could avoid the prepurchase but this still leaves the questions of what am I going to play now that I do not even want to waste my money on WoW anymore....AA is having its problems. Wildstar is....Wildstar. Maybe Rift 3.0 next month but idk...Blade and Soul and Black Desert Online aren't until next year beta wise (I'm still laughing at NCSoft wanting to run Wildstar before Blade and Soul). The rest of this year is looking meh.