Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Calling wow players fed up with the lag issuess..

jessianjessian Member Posts: 277

Lets all get together and create another website that we can all use to show how deep our feelings go towards blizzard for the continual lack of service when it comes down to the lag, latency issues that effect every single server in europe.

This has to be done cause at the moment blizzard are not doing jack diddle squat. I used to have characters on Deathwing since launch, but i left 4 months ago due to these problems.

So i came back now, paid for 6 months and going to use this time to make or break this game for the last time.

If anyone else is in the same boat. please lets create a website "worldoflatencyissues.com" or something to really show blizzard our feelings about this.

For players in UK, we can if we gather together complain to BBCs watchdog program and get Blizzard on the hotseat to explain publicly WHAT they intend to do.

Comments

• DarktongueDarktongue Member Posts: 276

I used to play or US servers on Argent Dawn. Lag  wasnt too bad ,latency around 300 ish.

I bought a euro version/account and re-rolled on EU-Bloodhoof cause i had friends there. Latency/ping here is usually around 80 drops to 35 on quiet times and rockets to 500 during AQ quest mob kills etc like everyone else.

So overall i cant say i have a problem with lag. 100ms is fine by me for a mmo. That said Blizz have terrible networking etc tbh. I can get 20ms return on a battlefield 2 server yet blizzzards wow servers are 300. :(

• PashoPasho Member Posts: 85

Originally posted by jessian

Lets all get together and create another website that we can all use to show how deep our feelings go towards blizzard for the continual lack of service when it comes down to the lag, latency issues that effect every single server in europe.
    This has to be done cause at the moment blizzard are not doing jack diddle squat. I used to have characters on Deathwing since launch, but i left 4 months ago due to these problems.
    So i came back now, paid for 6 months and going to use this time to make or break this game for the last time.
    If anyone else is in the same boat. please lets create a website "worldoflatencyissues.com" or something to really show blizzard our feelings about this.
    For players in UK, we can if we gather together complain to BBCs watchdog program and get Blizzard on the hotseat to explain publicly WHAT they intend to do.

I have been playing in Deathwing since release and although there were some problems some time ago (like 4 months as you say, and were very bad problems) they did not last more than 20 days.

My ping usually is 150-300 and i have no problems at all...sometimes I have a delay of 2-5 seconds in IF auction house but besides that no problem at all.

The reason for me telling all this is not to say that Blizz has an excellent network because they don't. I know a lot of people have real nasty issues in that sense but for me it has worked pretty well.

I think your problem could be:

1) server localization >You seem to be playing from UK in a Midwest US server ....networking can be an issue there.

2) ISP provider > I have known from several friends in that server that once thay switch to a faster DSL or cable service their problems are gone. Dunno if this can be your case.

3)Computer Spec>This is something that has affected some people in my guild too....old video cards and lack of RAM memory. usually they have upgraded it to a video card of 128MB mem (minimum) and to a recommended 1GB of RAM memory. After that the game seems to run smooth and no prob.

I hope this could be of help. image

• ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

Lets all get together and create another website that we can all use to show how deep our feelings go towards blizzard for the continual lack of service when it comes down to the lag, latency issues that effect every single server in europe. This has to be done cause at the moment blizzard are not doing jack diddle squat. I used to have characters on Deathwing since launch, but i left 4 months ago due to these problems. So i came back now, paid for 6 months and going to use this time to make or break this game for the last time. If anyone else is in the same boat. please lets create a website "worldoflatencyissues.com" or something to really show blizzard our feelings about this. For players in UK, we can if we gather together complain to BBCs watchdog program and get Blizzard on the hotseat to explain publicly WHAT they intend to do.

So you want WoW to be responsible and handle all the internet issues between you and them? Perhaps they should give you free no lag ISP service as well?

It isn't their problem.

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

• kaibigan34kaibigan34 Member Posts: 1,508

Hate to sound like a fanboi but its because WoW is so big and getting bigger with each passing day. I actually feel sorry for the developers. I am sure none of them could have ever predicted WoW would get this big.

I personally think they are taken aback and panicking at this. Its like trying to stop a flood with one person and a shovel.

Going to be awhile before we see them come up with something able to handle this kind of flow.

Kai

• PhoenixsPhoenixs Member Posts: 2,646

You live in the UK and play on a US server? And you complain about lag. There is a reason why Blizzard has divided Wow into regions.

• ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

Originally posted by kaibigan34
    Hate to sound like a fanboi but its because WoW is so big and getting bigger with each passing day. I actually feel sorry for the developers. I am sure none of them could have ever predicted WoW would get this big.
    I personally think they are taken aback and panicking at this. Its like trying to stop a flood with one person and a shovel.
    Going to be awhile before we see them come up with something able to handle this kind of flow.
    Kai

The only time I ever get any lag is on the weekends, and the only lag I get then is when I am using a vendor the transactions have about a 2 second delay. Other then that WoW has always run perfectly smooth for me, even in the thickest crowds at Ironforge.

If someone is having lag issues, check your firewall to see if its dropping packets, check your ISP, tracert to a server and see where the bottleneck it because I highly doubt its the servers. If it is then I must have some super cool connection that only I get.

HOWEVER the queues are pissing me off and could be the one thing that would make me cancel this game if they ever get out of hand. I have a fundamental problem with being in one at all on a pay to play service, however at this time I am choosing to ignore that because the good outwieghts the bad.

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

• jessianjessian Member Posts: 277

Originally posted by Phoenixs
    You live in the UK and play on a US server? And you complain about lag. There is a reason why Blizzard has divided Wow into regions.

What the fuck you talking about ?

Deathwing is a European Server

Gee whizz talk about un-educated

• IcoGamesIcoGames Member Posts: 2,360

The latency issue on Azgalor seems to have peaked last week. Since then, my latency has been in the mid 100 range.

Although I may not be as outraged as some, the server performance issues are painful. The game itself is fantastic and Blizzard addressed these issues last year, so I'll hang in there for a bit.

Also, I don't agree with queues and server transfers as long term solutions. I wouldn't have an issue with queues if they guarenteed server performance once you got in. As of last week, I couldn't say that.

On a side note, OP if you quit once before why did you buy a 6 month subscription? I know there's some cost savings, but if you want to quit you're pretty much boned.

Ico
    Oh, cruel fate, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones. It bones for thee.

• WordaenWordaen Member Posts: 203

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Fadeus

The only time I ever get any lag is on the weekends, and the only lag I get then is when I am using a vendor the transactions have about a 2 second delay. Other then that WoW has always run perfectly smooth for me, even in the thickest crowds at Ironforge.

If someone is having lag issues, check your firewall to see if its dropping packets, check your ISP, tracert to a server and see where the bottleneck it because I highly doubt its the servers. If it is then I must have some super cool connection that only I get.

HOWEVER the queues are pissing me off and could be the one thing that would make me cancel this game if they ever get out of hand. I have a fundamental problem with being in one at all on a pay to play service, however at this time I am choosing to ignore that because the good outwieghts the bad
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd agree on the queue thing myself Fadeus. Granted, I can understand having a large # of people playing it and all but if they have such an issue with "too many ppl" trying to log in, they should split the servers and make dual servers for each "world". That way, if one is at maximum connections, exceeding allocated bandwidth, whatever, the login server can push people to the second one. I would need to know how their server farm is set up though in order to make a more educated suggestion, this is merely a guess based on my own experience.

I agree I shouldn't have to wait to play a game I pay for but I can understand why so I don't stress it...yet.

Just my thought on it though.

• PhoenixsPhoenixs Member Posts: 2,646

Sorry my bad. The poster a few posts above me was talking about you playing on the US server.

For your problems I suggest you check with your ISP if they got any trouble. Do a tracert, check your firewall/router and make sure everything in you end is ok. If that doesn't work contact Blizzard.

• PashoPasho Member Posts: 85

Sorry but Deathwing is a US Server. Midwest US server to be exact. image

And...with that answer I hope you rot in the rock-bottom of lag hell. image

Go wash your mouth...we were here trying to help you and you "f #$%" us?

• FaelanFaelan Member UncommonPosts: 819

Originally posted by Pasho
    Sorry but Deathwing is a US Server. Midwest US server to be exact. image
    And...with that answer I hope you rot in the rock-bottom of lag hell. image
    Go wash your mouth...we were here trying to help you and you "f #$%" us?

US and EU servers share the same names. For example, Emerald Dream exists both in the US and EU. Different servers, different locations, same name. Now, go wash your mouth ::::35:: ::::39::

I'm a big ol' fluffy carewolf. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

• 92165449216544 Member Posts: 1,904

I see the same problems since Beta, if they haven't been fixed yet I doubt they will any time soon.

• TigerchaTigercha Member Posts: 182
    I agree the Lag issues are real and should not happen, let me start by saying for the Fanboi's, there are server restriction so only 2000 people can connect max, so you get to queue there after, second my latency to google.com is about 40 - 60, but during peak times my latency to a EU server, please note the EU term, a EU server is about 350ms, an hour either side of peak time, sorry but game success is not an excuse, success brings its reward, revenue, and revenue should also remove our latency issue, I blame the ISP that houses the servers, though the code may have a hand in it, either way these issues should have been sorted out by now.
  • SaftwearSaftwear Member Posts: 124

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say if the Original Poster isn't declaring ISP, system specs or any other information, that he doesn't really have problems with Blizzard, but the problem is more user-side.

Prove me wrong by posting some information about your system who is your ISP, and maybe a trace log to a blizz server to show us what the problem is.

Instead of complaining why not try to let us help you?

• brihtwulfbrihtwulf Member UncommonPosts: 975

It definately sounds like a problem on this side, and nothing to do with the server.  I NEVER had any lag in the game, unless it was in the middle of Orgrimmar with tons of other people around.  And even then, it was just my video card trying to pick up the slack.  The game's servers are excellent by most standards, and the lag is most likely sub-standard equipment.